Want to learn Math & Science

>Want to learn Math & Science
>I am required to take classes in (((Social sciences))) and (((diverse cultures)))
Why do colleges do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E6cxRYgqfHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For a well rounded education so you're not just a robot.

Classes cost money. They're hard selling you bullshit.

School is bullshit anyways. The internet has all of the information, but you have to be self motivated to find it and teach yourself.

>you're not just a robot
You're right, sitting in my gender studies class is making me feel a powerful emotion: anger.

>>I am required to take classes in (((Social sciences)))

Do Intermediate Micro-Economics and Macro-Economics, Game Theory, Econometrics, etc

>>and (((diverse cultures)))

Learn Japanese/Hungarian/Polish/Russian.

Youre collage is shit. I have to take like 3 courses in shit like like ancient history or art history or some piss easy shit with no attendance requirement and the same test every year

99% of people don't go to college because they need to help learning though. It's an investment that pays off because degree holders are paid more for working the same job.

That's a fair point.

However, the number of jobs requiring college level degrees is not keeping up with the number of people earning them. Look how many people asking what degree to go for to start a career.

The career is the real goal, not a degree. Stickers in kindergarten don't actually mean shit. A degree is really just a glorified version of that.

"Congrats you learned math! *"

The star on the end is to show you did a really good job.

The material to learn is out there. Unless you want a research job at the end, the college is a middle man. And if you're not avidly studying the high end research already, it's probably not going to be a topic you can stay focused on for thirty years.

This salary and earning and pay shit is bullshit too. There's enough resources on the planet for everyone to have a decent chunk. Unless those lives have no value, it's worthwhile to improve everyone's life for no other reason than its own sake. People enrich other people's lives. It would be logical to consider that a commodity rather than a cost, which is completely retarded. Sports stars and musical artists get paid to produce nothing tangible.

Seriously, civilization is completely illogical.

And academia isn't a bad thing. I don't think that, but it is over valued and over inflated.

>That's a fair point.
>However, the number of jobs requiring college level degrees is not keeping up with the number of people earning them. Look how many people asking what degree to go for to start a career.
>The career is the real goal, not a degree. Stickers in kindergarten don't actually mean shit. A degree is really just a glorified version of that.
>"Congrats you learned math! *"
>The star on the end is to show you did a really good job.
>The material to learn is out there. Unless you want a research job at the end, the college is a middle man. And if you're not avidly studying the high end research already, it's probably not going to be a topic you can stay focused on for thirty years.
>This salary and earning and pay shit is bullshit too. There's enough resources on the planet for everyone to have a decent chunk. Unless those lives have no value, it's worthwhile to improve everyone's life for no other reason than its own sake. People enrich other people's lives. It would be logical to consider that a commodity rather than a cost, which is completely retarded. Sports stars and musical artists get paid to produce nothing tangible.
>Seriously, civilization is completely illogical.
>And academia isn't a bad thing. I don't think that, but it is over valued and over inflated.
cringe

Of course it's cringe. It's so fucking obvious it's retarded. That's why you cringed. You live in a retarded civilization.

That's okay though. The new civilization that replaces it is going to be great.

lolol they don't do that shit in Canada

why did you go to a memecollege?

So that you don't become like the posters on this board who wank to IQ scores they got online and then added 15 to. You will vote and you have a moral obligation to understand some basic social theory and history. If you don't, you'll just be preyed upon by demagogues

Don't forget to sage. You can take a Romantic-era literature course instead, don't fool around. There are so many general education classes available you have no idea. There's a fucking "understanding manga" class in my art history department, a memes class in linguistics, all sorts of neat classes. If you can't find a class that interests you then honest to god there's something missing.

>Don't forget to sage.
What's a "sage?"

>Learn Japanese
because i want to work myself to death

Go fuck yourself you low test cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=E6cxRYgqfHY

FAGGOT

Acute autism.

You can't face the truth like millions of people.

You're one of those people who can't change their beliefs in face of new evidence.

>implying Polish and Hungarian are easier.

>math and science
I am assuming by this you want to double major in maths and a science. In which case you wont have to do 'gen ed'

Otherwise pick around hobbies, I took a course called jazz appreciation and it was fantastic