Hey, question to any chefbros...

Hey, question to any chefbros, I've been told almost incessently by a chef friend of mine that cooks always drink on the job, and get high fairly often (and sometimes in the kitchen), to deal with the stress of work. Is there any truth in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmMF8vzPuiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's absolutely true. Professional chefs are under more stress than just about anyone else.

Most cooks imbibe in something, smoking isnt uncommon, getting shithoused after work is frequent, but only alcoholics get stinky on the job and if a cook gets high you can be assured your dish will taste like absolute dogshit.

Oh fuck yeah. Mostly pot though through vape lately as it's easier to conceal than a flask I don't find the stress that bad even in high-volume situations but some people just can't go without it.

Honestly servers are worse, those fuckers are high all day.

So none of you have read Kitchen Confidential then.

I have to disagree with you there. I worked under a chef that was stoned all the time and he cooked amazing food and wrote amazing menus.

Perhaps it's a matter of tolerance? I dunno but he was a knowledgeable chef and a solid cook when the shit hit the fan.

Bourdain can suck my dick tbqh, but most of that book is accurate.

Yeah, those EMS pansies should get real jobs.

"""""Professional chefs""""" are some of the most self-important morons imaginable

You really are a fancy lad.

They don't drink here but they use a cheeky line of coke when the pressure is on

Why thank you. I try to be presentable.

Gotdamn I love Hillbilly life. I love pissing right outside my home.

When I cooked I was all about Xanax, cocaine and booze.
Now I'm a pussy and don't do drugs

It's a 1-in-100 kind of deal. Some people toke 24/7 and are fantastic at what they do
Most of them are absolute shit
Getting high is great and cooking high is great, but I'd never in a million fucking years let myself or anybody I know who smokes try and serve sober people food they made baked, because its usually only good BECAUSE you're baked

youtube.com/watch?v=SmMF8vzPuiA

This. Cooks don't get stoned and drunk on the job just because it's stressful. I don't hear about many EMS workers or surgeons having to get shithammered to cope with the job. Cooks are drug fueled alcoholics because they are mostly degenerate low lifes who somewhere along the lines fucked up bad enough to have to do an awful job with long hard hours for low pay.

My father is the manager of a state-famous restaurant. He says the staff are purely mediocre in their work, and whenever somebody with actual ability and talent comes into the job, they almost collectively scheme on how to eliminate him after a month or so. There's strictly always one asshole that cooks worth shit but stays through brown-nosing the boss who seems incapable of making an educated decision. They often actually sell weed on the property. This comes into light through them being absolutely shit when it comes to being a dealer.

So yeah. But is seems alcohol and drugs are common in all fields of work in general.

But fuck would I know honestly

Tell about your relationship with your mother.

I get drunk before work and after work, but when I'm on the line I take a combo of adderall and klonopin, drink lots of water, and take a smoke break every hour if I can.

I power water too and I don't even need to take a piss break. I think it's because my body is just like "OMG YES WATER FINALLY" and just absorbs it all.

Tell me about your relationship with your nigger. Did it coon you into a jiggaboo of spooks?

>don't even need to take a piss break

Me neither, pretty much ever, but I sweat like fuck. Still get daily random hugs and shit from FoH cuties.

>I don't hear about many EMS workers or surgeons having to get shithammered to cope with the job.
Do you actually know many EMTs?