Should old people be denied entry to post-secondary education? When some old single guy is accepted to a college...

Should old people be denied entry to post-secondary education? When some old single guy is accepted to a college, he's taking the spot of a younger person with an actual future. Public resources are being wasted on him because he won't be capable of learning the same way as a younger person with a plastic brain is able to. That old guy at the front of the class who keeps raising his hand to ask stupid questions? He already has his shot at becoming a contributing member of society and he fucked up, which is why he's back in school with a bunch of kids. He already ruined his own life, he shouldn't be allowed to ruin someone else's by stealing their spot at university.

No.it should be based on empirically determinable merit and nothing else

>this guy applies to university because he's having a midlife crisis and fantasizes about fucking nubile teen girls
>he gets in
>your son doesn't get in

Then my son didnt deserve to

This is retarded ethically, practically and additionally makes demonstrably false assumptions. Go read a book and stop shitting up this board you dipshit.

What you basically said:
>2 guys apply, one is better so he gets in.
Which is how it should be , meritocracy.
Dosnt matter if he wants to cure cancer of take a dump in the professor's office on the day he graduates with honors,all discrimination that isnt based on merit in the subject of the program is invalid .

k. y. s.

Young people naturally have more merit because they have a greater potential.

Dosnt matter

Oldshits BTFO ITT.

Inherently not true because you can't know when someone's gonna die. Institutions don't work on your garbage ageist ideas of potential.

>ageist
lmao

But really, IQ starts declining after you reach the age of 30. Educating old people is a waste of time.

education isn't about IQ, and this post is literally asking why we don't discriminate against people based on their age which is ageism.

Blackpill: old people are literally retarded.

Jesus Christ I don't agree with OP or anyone else who says older people shouldn't be allowed in Universities...

But using reddit tier buzzwords like "ageism" ??? Seriously? Well just call me a Nazi and get on with it then.

But isn't that unfair? The older guy had more time to study.

>taking the spot of a younger person with an (((actual future))).
>a young that probably doesn't even know what the fuck they're doing
>with an "undecided", or worse, bullshit "women's studies" type major
>that will waste time taking a bunch of useless general education courses
>all because of the "go to college and get a Good Jobâ„¢" meme
Fuck that noise. If anything, universities should only be accepting people that actually have a reason/motivation to be going and learning hard shit. Not be some glorified/overvalued certification program for employers that everyone thinks they're entitled to.

>He already ruined his own life, he shouldn't be allowed to ruin someone else's by stealing their spot at university.
You already fucked up and ruined your life by taking this college meme way too fucking seriously. If anything, that old man will at least appreciate the information he's getting, and have at least some clue of how to put it to use, far more than any young dipshits just pissing away the opportunity, completely half assing it and partying all the time.

Seriously, I'm god damned ashamed of my generation, because all us """millennials""" ever fucking do, is just bitch and moan, and cry oppression. How about you just suck it up, and make the most of your opportunities like a civilized adults instead?

You haven't met many young people have you? A freaking pile of bricks has more potential than many of those avocado toast eating morons.

Older people will most likely try harder if they get another chance.
In my class, there were three people over 30 who graduated in meme courses and went back to college. They are all doing fine, much better than most of the people that entered college with 18. A lot of recruiters and professor (at least where I live) seem to appreciate that you have the balls to start over at 30.

>civilized adults

No such thing

Colleges are about making money nowadays anyway. Classrooms full of 100 people is too much.

>I hate my generation
>Am I cool yet?
College definitely isn't for you kiddo

Define "old". 25? 30?