I've been running a DnD campaign at my house and everyone has asked me to make a meal and prep some snacks for the...

I've been running a DnD campaign at my house and everyone has asked me to make a meal and prep some snacks for the night. I've colllected about $80 from everyone so what should I make that's not too hard or messy? I'm pretty handy in he kitchen, if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

geekyhostess.com/an-easy-dnd-style-tavern-menu/
ck.booru.org/index.php
m.imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF
youtube.com/watch?v=3DuaVoEZ2eo
savoringthepast.net/2013/05/20/a-large-standing-crust/
imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF
lotrscrapbook.bookloaf.net/other/recipes.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gummy dragon dildos

There were a few pictures floating around a while ago about the type of foods different races (dwarves, elves, hobbits, etc.) would eat on a journey, that would be perfect, wish I could find it.

I've always done things where most of the work is in advance so all I have to do is either keep the food warm or do one simple cooking step. The last thing you want to do is try and juggle cooking and gaming at the same time. You also want to keep things simple with a minimal amount of plates/bowls/silverware.

My go-tos were either chili or a stew of some kind as an actual meal, and for snacks I'd make something really simple like deep-frying some taquitos, making small pigs-in-a-blanket and baking them, etc.

>run a campaign
>try to make an entire believable world
>full of variable characters that you try to make unique and interesting
>and your best attempt at an intriguing and fun plot for a group of very different characters
>spend hours outside of the game session to make this happen
>most of your effort will go ignored, get complained about, and is otherwise shit-talk by the same people who refuse to take initiative unless you tell them to roll for it
>NOW YOU HAVE TO MAKE FOOD FOR THE LAZY FUCKS TOO

Order $40 worth of pizza.

How many people are in your group and what's the theme of your campaign like? I too am a fa/tg/uy cu/ck/.

Make medieval food.

AKA roasted chicken drum sticks, ham and cheese of various sorts, big loaves of bread, roasted pork belly, nuts

Make it a spread so people can grab what they want and play while eating

the official Veeky Forums snack
or just an assortment of cold meats / cheeses with butter and whole wheat bread

4 people, just a realy generic fantasy campaign. I really want to run a Witcher campaign set in Velen around Novigrad. Nobody's on board because they don't really know much about it.

Pizzas been done to death senpai

After all these years, I still have not tried meatbread.

I know what I must do now.

It's about chilli season anyway and here's that article that dude was talkin' about: geekyhostess.com/an-easy-dnd-style-tavern-menu/ AND if yo udon't want to be lazy: ck.booru.org/index.php

You should totally make a spread of medieval food

btw, anything german is pretty much medievel

make some medieval shit OP it would be epic and amazeballs

>hamhocks
yes
>over a veggie that didn't enter germany until well into the renaissance
uhh
>served with a variety of beer developed in the mid-1800s
user...

now put that shit on kraut and carrots rather than potatoes, serve with a rye bread and a bock, there you're talking.

this
murky brownish beer is a must for an authentic medieval meal

Is it possible to actually get real mead? I went into a liquor store the other day and they had mead, but it was all extra flavoured shit like 'green tea lime' and 'saffron and orange'

I googled "fantasy rations" and found this. I remember that thread. I'm pretty sure there's more than what's in this set.

m.imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF

Traditional mead was typically extra flavored shit, and also used wild yeasts which were far more likely than brewer's yeast to produce off esters with a a noticable fruit flavor which varied by barrel. Plain fermented honey doesn't really taste like much otherwise.

god damn it, this pic then

of course
it's in every bigger / more alcohol focused store over here
Two of my friends are big fans, but it's mostly too sweet for me

for gaming I would recommend the more watered-down variety, because of less alcohol and sweetness

The less sweet it tastes, the more alcohol is in it, not less.

that's how it works with beer, but not with mead, at least not here in Poland
the honey is fermented up to a certain point, and then we water it down in different proportions depending on how strong we want the mead to be

i.e. the mead in this pic is a trójniak, meaning it has one part honey for three parts of water

the more watered down it is, the weaker and less sweet of course

>Only three peppers
>Calling it dragon's breath

on mystara, potatoes are known in the old world

They sell it by the gallon in certain regions in my country. Also the Danish for some reason drink a lot of it. Better off making your own though

These are some tasty things that look like they could be imagined served in a comfy fantasy medieval tavern setting. Maybe serve with hard cider.

youtube.com/watch?v=3DuaVoEZ2eo

Ahh, interesting! It's definitely a regional thing, then. Maybe because US meadmaking grew out of small-scale brewing.

Game night with snacks should be finger-clean snacks. Full meals are distracting, and 80 bucks less materials is a really shitty cut for a full themed dinner.

I'd do a bottle of mead and a 12-pack of a bock, dunkel, or altbier, plus some homemade pretzels.

If it was a meal and talk about the campaign night rather than an actual play night, 's ham hocks are perfect.

M8, until prohibition people were making alcohol out of anything sugary either professionally or for home use. All kinds of fruit juice (and I mean that - crab-apples, pawpaws, wild berries, tropical fruits, ANYTHING), honey, molasses (for distilling into rum), maple syrup, you name it. If it could ferment, someone made booze out of it.

>guy runs the game
>make him prepare the snacks for everyone

It's nice that they're throwing in on the funds, but this isn't how this is supposed to work.

I really like cooking and making food for people so it's not really an issue for me

They gave him money, though. It would be one thing if they were mooching but if they're paying and the DM doesn't mind then it's all good.

Turkey Drumsticks.

savoringthepast.net/2013/05/20/a-large-standing-crust/

>makes about two dozen cookies
1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet; flatten each with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.

If you roll 20 attempt a crown roast

I like the way you think, friend.

These look great thanks for this

I'll dump some random shit I have, I don't guarantee the validity and taste of anything though.

One in 4 images dumped will make mustard gas, can you guess which?

>verticals
yeah just ignore these things entirely the recipes are straight garbage
I'd probably at least make some guac, pico de gallo, mango salsa and have nachos with them, probably bake some chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies, they are easy to make and easily prepped few days before the event so no hassle with time too much
but it really depends what you people like, plate of cheeses, cold cuts and assorted fruits is godly, takes no preparation but might not be your thing and if you want to make something more 'mealy' and filling that opens up whole lot of options as well

I think I just got diabetes.

What's wrong with """""verticals"""""? Would the recipe being horizontal change anything?

I'm starting to get the impression that there's an unwritten rule somewhere that every recipe infographic has to be trailer park food.

I'm getting the impression you don't know what an infographic is. This is an infographic, those are recipes with pictures.

imgur.com/gallery/BWnHF

Go full skyrim
>Roasted game meats
>Goat cheese, honey, grainy bread, lingonberry jam, etc
>Cabbage potato soup
>Mead

Order $40 of Chinese

Okay, well whatever they are they always look like something cooked up in a trailer park made from gas station groceries.

You're acting mighty pretentious for a guy who spends his time on an imageboard 90% dedicated to jack-posting, talking about energydrinks and fast food wars

It's like 70% jackposting at most.

Fair enough, it's 20% webms of mexicans making prison foods as well.

just put yo dick on the table and say eat

I don't have the image anymore but I thought there was a fantasy cookbook published.

I'm not sure how much things in your area cost, or many people you are feeding. Myconid fondue (mushroomed cheese dip and chips?) Snakehead fish is terrifying but delicious if slowly caramelized with spices; and terrifying even after cooking. Slices of braised pork belly (essentially soft bacon). Good bread, find a bakery. Any affordable piece of meat roast at a high temperature with spices like caraway, juniper, rosemary, etc. Simmered cabbage with spices and onions, carrots and turnips or rutabaga optional. Smoked any animal.

PIZZA
NACHOS
SOME BOMB ASS SOUP
LOTS O BEER
CHIIIIIPS
SOME KIND OF SWEET DESERT

Stew, like you'd get in a tavern. A bunch of crusty bread rolls or hard tack, salted / dried meats, cheese, nuts and fruits like you'd take as rations for the snacks. Maybe hide the fruits to bring out when they "find" them in the forest. Steam the labels off your beer and add hand written ones with the name of a pub they visit.

Maybe something here will be useful:
lotrscrapbook.bookloaf.net/other/recipes.html

I tried making this today, I'm not very good at making milkshakes.

I'm confused if this is meant to troll. I thought everyone in the world cheeses the role tortilla when making a quesadilla. Is there a benefit to cheesing half and sprinkling more cheese before flipping? Why the fuck would you not just cheese the whole fucking thing anyone then fold when it starts to melt. What the fuck

the recipes usually gathered in these are straight garbage, that's all

Steak and fried potatos as the main with some kind of bread and a meat based gravy or sauce. Jerky and some berries for a snack. Pies for dessert.

>Is there a benefit to cheesing half and sprinkling more cheese before flipping?
Nope.

You seem to be learning that most infographics are shit because they are produced by shit cooks.

This.
They're either shit recipes which you shouldn't be following at all, or they're something so simple that there's no point in bothering to make or safe the infographic in the first place. (for example, the one for quesadillas).

>i declare tonight famine night

>collected $20 from each of these fat fucks
>for a single night of DnD
jesus you guys must be fat as fuck

Spend it on snacks, beer, weed and maybe some shrooms.