Can /phil/ be created already...

Can /phil/ be created already? Philosophy threads are literally the only good thing on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums and since Veeky Forums was created the quality of Veeky Forums has dropped exponentially. As far as I can see all the creation of Veeky Forums has done has lead to philosophy not being discussed on either board. What the fuck how has this not been dealt with already.

I know you miss the days of stirner and Wittgenstein

Let's build our case and present it on /q/ or whatever the feedback board is called

Ideally, Veeky Forums should be deleted and philosophy should be merged back onto Veeky Forums.

It might also be necessary to create /rel/.

Veeky Forums functions as a containment board for whatever the equivalent of Veeky Forums on reddit is.

>more boards created problems
>more boards will fix that
mhmm, no

This. We need /fitlit/ back.

Would never work.

Philosophy is what drove people away from Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums should be deleted. Nobody here discusses literature, except in these sci-fi/fantasy threads. This board is just a circlejerk for pretentious college students.

>It might also be necessary to create /rel/.

if you thought /pol/ was bad, can you imagine what kind of a septic shit-pit /rel/ would become?

Veeky Forums is the phil board. Go back to Veeky Forums and discuss your human condition.

Literature & Humanities
History & Philosophy

>why does my trolley problem threads get delete from lit forum :(((((
Shouldn't that count as ban evasion?

Should have been literature/humanities/philosophy and history.

This is accurate, scifi generals always have the most posts and replys.

The whole reading for plot, reading fiction gaymay needs to die already.

The general attitude of this board sucks

>why aren't these people memeing about IJ, gravity's rainbow, pinecone, Ulysses, Finnegan wake, the bible, muh spooks, muh *sniff, sniff* pure ideology
>why do they get more replies than "real literatureā„¢"
>why doesn't my stirner threads get as many replies as the genre fiction general
>why do my poorly hidden evola and eugenics threads get deleted
>why do things I don't like get more traction than my well thought out christposting threads

You are part of the cancer killing lit. Instead of finding something to discuss, you shit post and complain instead.
Genre fiction has been on this board since it's inception.
Genre fiction was here when brown bear, deep&edgy, butterfly, etc was here. It's just that we had single threads that died. We banded together and made a general. Now we can have discussions without having 10 different threads on the board at the same time.

All your ass has to do is filter /sffg/ in subject and we are out of your hair. You are able to use the other 148 allotted threads on this board to your heart's content. I don't see how we are a problem when we stay in our general. And it was a voluntary containment, no mods didn't force us into it.

Guys I know it's hard to hear but the genre fags actuallly read books...

delete

Veeky Forums shouldn't exist at all and its a completely ass board

Veeky Forums story is an ass board because no one ever uses any sources. If /phil/ is going to exist, I think it needs a requirement similar to /news/ where you have to post an article. In /phil/ you'd have to mention a specific book, essay, speech, lecture, debate, etc. Your topic should have to address a specific portion of your source.

Primary sources should be a restriction, to avoid generic amateur philosophising and also the cult of personality of just posting famous writers (stirner posts, zizek posts, etc).

If Veeky Forums had this restriction it'd be a fucking dead board, but as is, it's just a bunch of subtly veiled racist shitposts and LARPers

Yeah there may be something to do this.

I just miss the philosophical debates. I'd love something where someone would post an article and we could talk about it.

The truth is often opposite to our intuition.
/rel/ might be the best thing to happen to Veeky Forums