pffffft

Other urls found in this thread:

scimagojr.com/countryrank.php?order=h&ord=desc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I speak the only language that matters

>Been dominating for at least 300 years, still going fairly strong
Feels good.

>wasting your time speaking languages other than English

honestly I don't get why australia gets to be in these things. like yeah we speak english but it's not like anything important comes from this country. we should be content in being a middle power.

Australians have had a pretty huge impact on the world, especially when you consider how young the country is and how low the population is.

>scimagojr.com/countryrank.php?order=h&ord=desc

wow didn't know so many people spoke russian

Don't be fooled by the size of the area

People with native languages other than English have to learn English *and* all of the disappearing, fragmented languages of the countries next door.

By contrast, English is spoken by the inhabitants of entire continents. You can travel from Atlantic to Pacific, many thousands of miles, and the native language is English. The people in Alaska speak the same language as the people in Florida. People in New Hampshire don't have to learn a foreign language to talk to people in Vermont. The continent of North America communicates effortlessly with the continent of Australia and the entire British Isles.

The real insanity is living in one small part of the earth where language is fragmented into dozens of pieces, each incomprehensible to people living only a few hundred miles away. The sooner they all learn English, which is well underway of course, the better off they'll be. Then all of the other languages will join Latin as dead, historical curiosities.

And speaking one language across a country is not nothing. That map list India:Hindi and China:Chinese. Go walk across India with your Hindi and see how many people you can talk to. And Chinese isn’t even a real language, that’s like saying you actually know proto-indoeuropean and now you can talk to everyone in Europe.

I shudder to think where mankind would be without Fosters beer, Crocodile Dundee, and Outback Steakhouse

This tbqh, being a native English speaker is like winning the language lottery

>claims high iq
>wastes neurons on representing the same logical systems multiple times
>instead of knowing one language well and learning higher complex logic or understanding that language

You may know 3 languages but your vocabulary is shit compared to mine and your intelligence is slow. YOu're gay too

>The real insanity is living in one small part of the earth where language is fragmented into dozens of pieces, each incomprehensible to people living only a few hundred miles away

It's not hard to learn a fucking language (my dad knows 3). Also trade languages and Pidgin exist you brainlet.

I just don't like learning languages. I've tried and speaking them is cool, but being able to swear at your Mexican friends in their language isn't really worth the time and effort.

real spanish > mecicant

16%

Because you can't and will never learn another language?

Brainlet

>thinks he understands complex logic
>presents a false dilemma

I speak German, Spanish and English and have an IQ of 133 according to 1 psychologist and have one of 146 according to another.

So...

Imagine only being able to speak the easiest language in the world

Which one is that?

English is a bastard of different linguistic strains so it's actually a lot harder to master than most think

Spanish is more orderly

>he thinks knowing multiple languages is synonymous with intelligence

You know your language has a problem when even Spanish is more orderly than it.

well thsaid, my sthpaniard friend

Viva espana!

Also, Spanish is what I would call "phonetically determinist" in the sense that letters tend to represent the same phonemes in different words, whereas English is all over the place.

Learning a language besides English is like learning how to suck a dick, useless unless you’re a faggot

>"phonetically determinist"
The word linguists use is phonetic.