What does Veeky Forums think of the Qur'an Code? Does any other book also have this...

What does Veeky Forums think of the Qur'an Code? Does any other book also have this? Seems like the work of an infinite amount of autists couldn't have created this. It must have been God.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran_code

Other urls found in this thread:

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.ca/2012/01/islam-its-mostly-about-going-to.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitra
youtube.com/watch?v=ejzSaOsDPkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I bet they don't even define what good or evil are.

"Did We not assign unto him two eyes
And a tongue and two lips,
And guide him to the parting of the mountain ways ?
But he hath not attempted the Ascent -
Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Ascent is! -
(It is) to free a slave,
And to feed in the day of hunger.
An orphan near of kin,
Or some poor wretch in misery,
And to be of those who believe and exhort one another to perseverance and exhort one another to pity."

--Qur'an 90:8-17

But aside from the quote in the picture, what do you think of the Qur'an Code? It's remarkable even if you don't believe.

My favorite is the law prohibiting two guys from talking to each other while shitting. We like to think most of today's problems are minor inconveniences that only someone born in our time could experience, but nope. There's always been that awkward guy who tries to strike up a conversation while you're straining yourself to take a dump.

>"The Prophet Muhammad said, "Piety/virtue is good manner, and sin is that which creates doubt and you do not like people to know it.""
—Sahih Muslim, 32:6195, Sahih Muslim, 32:6196

>“I went to Messenger of Allah and he asked me: “Have you come to inquire about Piety/virtue?” I replied in the affirmative. Then he said: “Ask your heart regarding it. Piety/virtue is that which contents the soul and comforts the heart, and sin is that which causes doubts and perturbs the heart, even if people pronounce it lawful and give you verdicts on such matters again and again.”
—Ahmad and Ad-Darmi

Real good foundation for a civilization you got there.

So virtue is whatever you want it to be, and fuck the law. This explains some things.

>tfw can't cut this guy's head off so you punch another hole in the wall and scream while the liberals downstairs look up lovingly at their ceiling and embrace diversity

I clearly have time to waste looking this up.

I guess the man really needed there to be some ground rules for everything.

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.ca/2012/01/islam-its-mostly-about-going-to.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fitra

More like having a conscious. When you do something bad, you feel guilty, when you do something good, you feel proud of what you've done. Whether you're a muslim or non-muslim, all people are said to have this general human quality, according to Islamic understanding.

>all people are said to have this general human quality, according to Islamic understanding.

Seems like Islamic understanding isn't worth shit then

>being this triggered by muslims

This is your big criticism of the concept of fitra?

>being this triggered by someone saying it's bullshit to expect anyone to be remotely interested by (let alone believe to be divinely inspired) a "concept" as asinine and objectively false as everyone having a conscience

This is your big attempt to do something other than flow into better countries like human refuse, blow yourself up, smell offensive, or carve the clit out of young girls?

This reminds me on the passage in Works and Days where Hesiod strongly advises against shitting in rivers and water streams.

This is great and all but none of this is related to the question concerning the phenomenon of the Qur'an Code.

that article is fucking terribly written

also I read an article recently about someone finding that Finnegans Wake is made up of a huge amount of mathematical fractals or something so that might be worth looking up

It and the Bible are literally subpar Fantasy novels in writing style, but I prefer the Bible for the mythology as I can see how the story of the redemption of Humanity can be inspiring.

Because it's lazy bait.

You could probably find that the number of times sperm was used in moby dick is a multiple of 22 or something and just look for other coincidences. Even Melville can be claimed as the second coming of Jesus then.

Obvious bullshit, like all "proofs" of god.

Virtue is conscience, what your own heart says is right, not what other people say is right. Very good teaching.

Virtue comes from God and conscience is innate in all humans. In the broadest sense, most people at least have 2nd thoughts when say, violently killing someone, stealing something, lying for the purpose of deceit, etc.

>no way to refute this
>uh-uh...it's bait! Yeah!

Jerry Seinfeld's ancestor wrote it.

I bet you can do that with literally every book given enough autism and delusion

But the Qur'an wasn't written until much later and so it would've been impossible for the code to be this precise given how it was revealed orally over a period of 23 years.

But the Qur'an is the only book that has this. I understand your skepticism but it doesn't take a lot of weird mathematical formulation to notice an underlying pattern in the Qur'an. These odd coincidences start to add up, like how the word "day" in the Qur'an is mentioned 365 times or how practically everything is some multiple of 19 and the Qur'an specifically mentions the number 19 as having some great importance. What else would surah 74:30 even mean?

Again, nothing you stated sounds important or impressive. At best all it says is that whichever fuck wrote Quran liked numbers and patterns, people wrote poetry in metric patterns since forever, for example. It's basic algebra.
If verses in Quran came together to signify some mathematical analysis or quantum mechanics formula, then I'd be interested.

>the Bible code.

An autist can find hidden symbolism in twilight ffs

>As soon as you discard scientific rigor you are no longer a mathematician. You're a numerologist.

youtube.com/watch?v=ejzSaOsDPkI

But seriously if it's possible for some Quranic scholar to find such a pattern based around the number 19 it also means the authors of the Quran* could have just as easily written it as such. It may be a really neat pattern but it doesn't even remotely suggest the book wasn't authored by human minds.

* I say authors because 1. I don't buy into the notion that it is the literal in final word of God (i.e. I'm not a Muslim) and 2. because Muhammad was famously illiterate, and the compilation of the Quran only took place after his death. It was not easy and it didn't happen without argument

I too do not believe in Islam, but there is no doubt that the compilation of the Quran was done with the utmost rigor.

Most companions of Muhammad had memorized the entire Quran exactly as related by him, and the chief compiler (zaid bin harith) is famous for searching for evidence for verses, despite already memorizing the entire Quran.

>Finnegans Wake

I'd believe Joyce a prophet way before that sandnigger pedophile

>what do you think of the Qur'an Code?
Who cares how they decided to stylize it. It's still a shitty book.