I just did an IQ test (from the Mensa website, norwegian division)...

I just did an IQ test (from the Mensa website, norwegian division), and these are the matrices I had the most trouble with.

Thought I'd share the fun.

>Full IQ test: test.mensa.no/

(I solved all of them except for n. 32. If someone cracks that one, please explain it.)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU
hooktube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>n. 32
Answer is either top right or bottom left depending on if you're a brainlet or autistic.

If you're a brainlet, you'd think the middle column is there to fuck with you and that you should ignore it. Just focus on the lines of column 1 and 3 and you'll notice that column 3 is missing the part of the sequence with just one line.

If you're autistic, take the middle column and rotate the symbols 45 degrees counter-clockwise. Then take the symbols and overlay them on column 1. Where ever there's an overlap, you cancel out the lines.

Then kill yourself for falling for the IQ meme.

>he fell for the "IQ is a meme" meme
laughingindependentstrongwomyn.tiff

>Tilt the black square 45 degrees clockwise
>place the second square on top of the tilted black square and remove any exterior lines that overlap
>tilt the result 45 degrees counterclockwise.

There you go.

Yeah, now it's obvious. Thanks.

It wasn't even that difficult compared to others. I dunno why I didn't see it.

What's the solution for 34? I always seem to get it right in the test but I've never figured a real solution for it.

Bottom row, middle answer.

You essentially have to "add" the squares from the first 2 rows and then overturn them in the last row (the squares that were above the line are now below it).

When there are 2 small squares in the same position, you fuse them into a big square. But when a row presents a small and a big square in the same position, the "sum" is still a big square.

(It's really difficult to explain in words)

there's no question so just choose any answer kek, no use in over analyzing these trivial things

Well, this is how i completed it.
Probably got the 32. wrong
And i'm not sure about the 34.
Still got 138 IQ tho..

29 is column-wise addition/subtraction, yeah

32 seems to be superimposing the left shape on the middle shape (rotated cc-wise 45°) with "destructive interference" - checks out on each row, with the lower left answer following for the last row

Yeah, that's probably right. My explanation is too vague on which line should move.

As for 34, it again looks like subtraction. If a big square equals 3 small squares, it works out. I think the columns are respectively:
>(0) - (2) = (2)
>(-2) - (6) = (-8)
>(-2) - (8) = (-10) aka upper left answer

I got the same answers as you. Why did you need a z-axis on 35? You just flip it over the x-axis.

These questions are fucking dumb btw. I really hate IQ tests. This is just boiling everything you see down to math. You're adding and subtracting shapes, every single time. How is this encompassing all of intelligence?

never heard of that explanation, interesting.

>>(0) - (2) = *(-2)

Interestingly enough, as with every problem in science i boil it down to shapes in space.
I'm very visual person and my thinking reflects that, but you're right with the math thing, sometimes that helps even more.
The Z-axis was just to better represent the shape in space.

Not that guy, but that's the algo I came up with as well. It's the same as problem 29. Addition, but with opposite signs if they're on opposite sides of the separating line in the block.

It's just a subtest for non-verbal reasoning. Full IQ tests have more types of problems. Maybe you should read up on IQ/the g factor before asking dumb questions.

(Who am I kidding, this is Veeky Forums.)

Can't make any sense at all about number 35

Seems like there are indeed several methods to estimate g factor beyond these math/geometry problems, though they each have their own flaws.

I mean, if you count verbal stuff as part of the g factor I guess I'm pretty dumb. But verbal abilities aren't relevant to my life at all.

never mind, i got it
flip then combine , cancelling overlaps

True, these popular IQ tests are the Raven's matrices type.
If i'm not mistaken real IQ tests are Wonderlic type.

Imagine that the two upper pictures are connected with a joint, then fold them together and cancel overlapping lines.

29, you can sum the rows images column-wise, then just cancel like a fraction, treating the middle big line like the '/' of a '4/3'

t. Can not hold a dialog for more than 5 minutes to save his life.

I gave this test to my 6 year old. He got a 95. So...brainlet? Super genius? What do Veeky Forums?

>dialog
why is american english so fucking ugly?

Why does English English add so many extra letters?

>addicted to riddles
>keep seeing these on Veeky Forums, always try to solve them
>realize over time that I have fucked my chances of getting tested accurately since every time I see one I already think of my learned problem solving patterns I developed over time due to training effect
welp

the same people that says these are accurate to measure any real IQ/g , also says you cant learn to get better at them. so you are making a logical fallacy just to feel bad.

Don't know desu. I am not a native speaker, and just go with a more logical spelling. Sadly, there is not much logic in it.

>tfw too smart to have my IQ not increase over time

113, it's above average I suppose. Neato

>tfw even mensa can't measure my vast intelligence
>tfw to smart for this millenia

This is how Guass, Teslacoil and Einstain must have felt.....

Either those tests are ridiculously easy and a meme or everyone on this board is a genius

Half of those questions is some variant of xor, where the "harder"ones have some transformation thrown for pretend difficulty. Is making a difficult IQ test the real IQ test?

Where do you find the riddles you solve? Do you have any favorite website/program/book or something? I want to get into riddles so I'd like to ask someone who's been solving them for a while.

is the second I'm afraid, 100 IQ is literally retard tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU

>Something that could potentially be a counter argument the "progressive worldview"
>this video is not available in your country
God damn, I hate Germany.

>Look for high IQ group
>test memology students
How to fail at your own test.

TL;DW South African blacks tested to have avg borderline retarded IQ on average. Second test conducted on a group of psychology students reveals they're only slightly less retarded. Conclusion: Blacks and psychology students are retarded.

>Searching hard for something that could "potentially be a counter argument"
Don't reject the truth just because you don't personally like it.

I think his point is that this video got censored for going against the established political agenda in germany, which is a valid concern.

I thought of 34 as an "or" operator. This just proves to me that you implicitly train your IQ if you take math courses or CS courses, since I just think of these things as logical primitives. If you give a kid a bunch of logic puzzles to solve, then chances are they are going to know this stuff implicitly.

learning effect is bull shit, that would mean the only accurate way to measure IQ is to keep people in a cave where they don't learn any math, cs, or logic puzzles because those could help you in the IQ test. What a load of shit. That's why people in Combinatorics have high IQ, because all you do is solve iq type problems with permutations and shit.

Nah, I just like to search for things that others don't want me to know.
Example:
If I question the existence of Norway, I get hundreds of people crowding me, trying to rub evidence for the existence of Norway under my nose, hence I don't really care weither Noway actually exists or not.
However if I question the existence of the purely non-genetic nurture based IQ gap, the government uses its executive monopoly to shut down the conversation.
This in turn only raises my suspicion and increases my interest in the topic.

What's 4?

If a "truth" is established by censoring counter arguments instead of debating/evaluating them, I am not willing to recognize it as such

use hooktube nigger
hooktube.com/watch?v=RxAhwYoZQKU

only 90% of white university students solved pic related, the blacks fell to 77%.

I don't get how someone could get this wrong on purpose.

people here overestimate 100 IQ normalfags

>Anything I think is stupid or not fullproof is a meme

Nice my IQ is only 90 but that's probably because I'm constantly around stupid people.

How do I fix this smart user?

Tfw take first half of these exams then just guess cause I feel to slow and too screws to find out real iq

how long did it take you to figure that out?

shot titties.

Shorter time than it took me to draw this shit.

>real IQ tests are Wonderlic type.
Raven's Matrices are the most used culture-fair IQ test. They're not "fake" IQ tests.

>only 90% of white university students solved pic related, the blacks fell to 77%.
No fucking way. That's one of the most retardedly easy matrices I've ever seen.

>(

clicked random ones and got 96. dumb test

I can't belive there's anyone so retarded not to get the pattern in 20 seconds