How safe is tap water to drink, lads? I live in Los Angeles and this is my only option right now...

How safe is tap water to drink, lads? I live in Los Angeles and this is my only option right now. I just can't 100% trust it for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

laist.com/2017/04/12/ladwp_water_report.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How safe is tap water to drink, lads?

Somewhere between extremely and completely.

there are more regulations, laws and testing done to any municipal tap water in the USA than to bottled water.

totally unsafe. don't drink it. it's filled with fluoride and other mind control chemicals.

all bottled water does is remove chlorine taste. a filter does the same thing.

if your tap water doesn’t taste like chlorine and isn’t discolored, you’re fine. estrogen is not allowed in water and the fluoride is usually .2 when the maximum allowed is .5

This. And this is the first result you get when you google "LA tap water", so OP you're fine.

laist.com/2017/04/12/ladwp_water_report.php

I still can't trust it. I know it might already be drinkable, but does boiling it first help to purify?

>mind control chemicals
DAMN!!!!!!!!!

you live in america, not africa

You're right, but I think boiling it will ease my autism sensors no matter how much it will help or not.

>but does boiling it first help to purify?
How is it possible for someone to be old enough to post here yet don't know the answer to that question?

Boiling kills microorganisms like bacteria
Boiling does not remove chemical contaminants.

Your sperghead is broken.

This. OP, you must purchase a Propur filtration system immediately to keep yourself healthy for the infowar.

Are you willing to pay somewhere in the range of $200-$600 for a reverse osmosis system? Do you know anything about filtration systems? Have you tested the water yet? Checked for total dissolved solids? What source are you pulling the water from?

You are in a first world country where tap water not being totally safe makes national headlines. Even if it smells a little sulphur-y youll be fine.

Sure, but that's going to be a pain in the ass to boil all of your drinking and cooking water.

Not really. The rest of the world has something called kettles. OP, just install water purification cartridges if you're so anal about it.

>ITT: spoiled first worlders get scared the TDS of their tap water goes from 40ppm to 60ppm

My word!

I hate you

I live in the UK in a light water area with natural mountain reservoirs and I still filter my water because I prefer the taste and I get more than enough minerals from the food anyway.

Never drink tap water

>THE JEWS ARE PUTTING FLUORIDE IN THE WATER TO CONTROL US

tap water is better for you than most other sources as it is regularly tested and regulated by the gubbernment. Plus it's good for your teeth

Well water is frequently nicer tasting but I don't trust it since they frack in my area

If it worries you that much then don't drink a ton of water until you can get a reverse osmosis system to purify your water

Don't trust tap? Filter it. Either make your own filter with charcoal or use a storebought one.

good goy

Are there any notable contaminants that have a saturation temperature at or below 100C?

The water might be clean but the pipes are all old and nasty

If you're just going to boil your water you're only killing bacteria. If you want to separate dissolved salts from water through heat you want to distill.

Old pipes can introduce copper, lead and other metals into your water. Barrier filtration via membranes should be sufficient to take care of that.

If you live in a developed country with a normal municipal water supply and no warnings otherwise, should be perfectly fine.

If you live in Flint, Michigan, best not.

go away jwoo

Buy distilled water. Seriously.

>Plus it's good for your teeth

If fluoride is good for your dental enamel when applied topically, how the fuck does it make any sense to put in it in the public water supply for ingestion?

You won't be drinking enough water to ingest a dangerous amount of fluoride retard.

people who drink bottled water exclusively get more cavities. now maybe there is some sort of convergence bias but the correlation is real

people don't just do things to do things

It will turn you gay and seeing how you're posting here it already started affecting you

Define 'dangerous amount of fluoride'

Would you be okay with barrels of sunscreen being added to the water supply to improve skin health?

Always the same retarded rhetoric.
>what's wrong bro, afraid of mind control?
>its nowhere near toxic levels, what're you scared of?
Its stated quite clearly on medhealth.com that excess fluoride from, say, tap water causes your pineal gland to get calcified over.
Fluoride has no effect on your conscious mind, just clogs the gland responsible for making you dream.
There are attempts to subvert your consciousness, and they're all as subtle and intangible as this.

>It says quite clearly on medhealth.com
>Pic related

I'd say (you) were baiting, but I know a conspiracy theorist and your kind really is this stupid.

Funny, I only drink tap water and have dreams that seem as if they last days at a time.

Perhaps I have become one with the matrix and am neo?

0% buy a brita filter or the "pur" i think is the other brand, like 25 bucks and a filter is 4 bucks every 3 months, well worth it to get literal shit out of your water.

>You won't be drinking enough water to ingest a dangerous amount of fluoride retard.

This has nothing to do with the idiocy of putting fluoride in the public water supply.

Those are both highly overpriced brands that charge a buttload of money for convenience.

Pic related costs about $20 and cartridges last well over a year. Why pay $$$ for silly proprietary cartridges from Brita when you can buy something that's been an international standard for decades?

What's idiotic about preventative maintenance for cavities?

Do you also think that toothbrushes and toothpaste are idiotic, and you'd rather pay $$$ at the dentist your whole life?

I have a similar system at home, got my TDS levels down to 60ppm which is the standard range for charcoal filtration. I only have to replace the filters once a year.