I know you read his shit faggot stop pretending

Hes going full sjw as of late

>"Non-binary" "character" not even forced but beaten into the norse series
>unironic use of the term mansplaining
>had the audacity to address "cultural appropriation" when all he does is literally rewrite entire ancient mythologies for monetary gain

How does it feel to know a childhood favorite of yours has become trash even for a childrens author within the last 3 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/topic/show/1526242-nico-you-know-what-i-m-talking-about-o-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who are you quoting?

Wow what a faggot.

I mean he wasn't a fantastic writer even by kids standards. But he's giving into the Post-Modern retard cult so now he isn't even as respectable as an average YA writer.

He taught me all about greek mythology, and for that his novels are indispensible. But hes just adjusting to the times so to speak. You either die young or live to see a culture thats changed beyond you.

>adjusting to the times
Hes blatantly pandering because he knows tumblr bookworms are his largest audience

Hell, maybe he even actually believes the stuff. Just goes to show hiw far gone he is

>I know you read his shit faggot stop pretending
I have no idea who this guy is and I've never heard of "The Battle of the Labyrinth"

So no, go away

>people smart enough to write books don't pander to my idiotic political prejudices!
oh no

literally who

this from a guy who never read chumps like George R.R. Martin either

I avoid "YA" degeneracy like the plague

Do you think not being an sjw is idiotic?

Using the acronym 'sjw' is a pretty good sign that you are.

>what is a filename?

The point is that i want him to stop pandering period. Hes a fucking childrens author and is taking advantage of young impressionable readers for publicity and sjw points

The less politics and more monster fighting the better and right now half his character interaction is "shes muslim AND believes in Odin, aint that some diversity right there"

It's a convenient shorthand. Everyone knows what it means.

If you're annoyed by it it's probably because you yourself are an sjw.

>The less politics and more monster fighting the better and right now half his character interaction is "shes muslim AND believes in Odin, aint that some diversity right there"

Now, it may be different in Islam than it is in Christianity, but I'm pretty sure that's blasphemous. That may actually be double blasphemy, depending on the old Norse view of things.

>shes muslim AND believes in Odin, aint that some diversity right there
pfft

Anyone got any quotes? I need a good laugh.

Take off your nostalgia glasses, he's always been shit. I reread one of the Percy Jackson books recently and it's so incredibly condescending to the reader, it feels like he thinks of you as a literal retard that needs everything spelled out for you. The only redeeming factor might be that he introduces kids to mythology, but there are better ways to do that.

But then again I wasn't a big fan even as a teen.

“Look, some people prefer they,’ Alex said. ‘They’re non-binary or mid-spectrum or whatever. If they want you to use they, then that’s what you should do. But for me, personally, I don’t want to use the same pronouns all the time, because that’s not me. I change a lot. That’s sort of the point. When I’m she, I’m she. When I’m he, I’m he. I’m not they. Get it?’
‘If I say no, will you hurt me?’
‘No.’
‘Then no, not really.’”

>Book about norse mythology
>Spends over half of it talking about muslims, atheists, and trannies
How do atheists even exist in a world with gods?

These. If anything OP is the biggest fag here for even caring about some genreshit YA hack.

In full context its worse than youd think

Posting an actual good children's author ITT

What the fuck is this? I thought he was just a hack who could only write mythology YA.

>Rick "Let me shill islam in my norse novel" Riordin

my demon

A lot of YA is semi-pedagogical. They probably hear similar rhetoric in school.

Thank god I born in the nineties

who /middleschool/ here

First off, not the guy you were replying to but...

>It's a convenient shorthand. Everyone knows what it means.
Its a convenient strawman. Its an over generalization and is generally only used as an insult.

>If you're annoyed by it it's probably because you yourself are an sjw.

Attack on the character of the person you're debating. Good one, dude.

He called me an idiot first. I don't know why you're trying to referee some internet argument on Veeky Forums, I must have struck a nerve. How is the term sjw a generalization, and more importantly, who cares? Why stand up for these 'people' ?

>Reading anything from Rick Riordan after Heroes of Olympus got announced
Yeah, no. All the other stuff is chump change compared to the fact that he's been beating a dead horse for six years.

Because one of the biggest mistakes you can make is to construct a false image of your enemy. If you can't understand the forces you dislike and have to lump them all together into an easy to attack strawman, then you're not be rigorous in your own thought.

You've bought into a false characterization of your enemy. You then toss around your strawman ("the SJW") instead of critiquing the actual ideas of your enemies, and you also mistake your many enemies for a single enemy. If you can understand how the SJW is actually many different philosophies, you can fight each one with more precision.

Understand your enemy, both from your own perspective, but also as they understand themself. This will force you to develop and strengthen your own ideas.

Don't take the easy way out.

Not OP, but if you read the OP you can clearly see 3 points of criticism that OP makes about the author. There is no straw man.
Get your head out of your ass.

>won't someone think of the children ?!

Organized mess

The last book I read was house of hades?
It was the one where he implied that Nico's emoness and angst wasn't because he lost his sister, but because he was pining over Percy.
I dropped the series after that. I heard in the last heroes of olympus book there was a full gay couple.

He went off the rails years ago. What was funny and sickening is seeing a bunch of 11 year olds in goodreads congratulating Rick for bringing lgbt to his novels.
goodreads.com/topic/show/1526242-nico-you-know-what-i-m-talking-about-o-o
>thread was up since 2013
>people still commenting

(you) are
Prepare to be banned for a few years.

I remember really liking that series back in middle school. Not exactly sure why I should care this guy is doing the exact same thing basically every other public figure has been doing since 2009.

I do find it funny how there seems to be a hierarchy emerging in "diverse" characters now though. Way back it was obviously including non-white characters. Back in like 2005 it was gay characters. Now it's trans- trans as far as the eye can see.

Okay fair enough.