Favorite ways/dishes to prepare hot italian sausage

Favorite ways/dishes to prepare hot italian sausage

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Definition of italian sausage
lmgtfy.com/?q=ways dishes to prepare hot italian sausage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP here sorry for the low effort thread Veeky Forums. Let me try a round two,

What's your favorite fast food sandwich? For me, it's the McChicken(TM).

>doesn't get a reply on a slow board and resorts to ebin memeing

you deserve it

Pro-tip my man, instead of getting upset that your thread didn't get replies just try again at a different time, like during real American hours

What the fuck is "italian sausage?" Oh wait, you mean SAUSAGE?!

lmgtfy.com/?q=Definition of italian sausage

Does this help?
Regards

lmgtfy.com/?q=ways dishes to prepare hot italian sausage

Does this help?
Regards

Unfortunately no, it doesn't tell me what the browsers of Veeky Forums do with it. I appreciate your effort to help though.

>americans think something is italian simply becaused it's been seasoned with pepper

Yes we really do this. Isn't that quirky.

I'm assuming you're trolling but the defining thing about Italian sausage is fennel and anise.

I like cooking it with onions and mixed peppers in tomato sauce. Make subs with it.

Italian sausage grinder sandwich with a toasty bread

Sausage-crust pizza is great.

In a spaghetti sauce

>americans think that spaghetti and meatballs is an italian dish

>existing

Do Americans really do this?

i like to fry up crumbles with some onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, and paprika. i try to keep some in my freezer for my lazy days.

I make some meatballs by using 1.5 lbs hot italian sausage, 1 pound of ground beef, breadcrumbs and eggs. Also some parmesean cheese.

Is that stuff expensive?
Must cost a fortune to import meat from Italy?

its made from italians, not from italians

whut?

>Is that stuff expensive?
Nope.

>Must cost a fortune to import meat from Italy?
It's not imported from Italy. "Italian Sausage" is a North American term for a pork sausage flavored in a vaguely Italian style. The main seasonings usually include chili and caraway.

Caraway and chilli aren't used much in Italian cuisine though. I would of thought basil or oregano would be more appropriate?

I don't know much about authentic Italian cusine, user. I'm just describing the North American "Italian sausage".

There are other ingredients in there as well, but the dominant, defining, flavors of "hot Italian sausage" like OP mentioned are chili and caraway. Hell, you can even see how the chili has given the sausage a reddish tint. There will be other seasonings in there too, but for describing the flavor chili + caraway is pretty clear I think.

Some of them contain an asburd abount of Caraway. My local butcher is owned by an Italian family, and while they don't advertise as being "specialty Italian", their Italian sausage is *loaded* with caraway.

Dude probably had a stroke, I think he meant made by Italians not in Italy. Like made by Italian Immigrants.

Well it certainly can't be English sausage if it's been seasoned.

I think he was trying to say:
>Italian sausage is made from Italians, not by Italians.

Meaning
>we don't have to import anything, we just chop off Italians' "sausage" and grind it up put it in a tube and call it italian "sausage"

It's an American sausage that was what people/immigrants thought was Italian themed. It's like getting mad about American brats.

>Italy is one homogeneous country and doesn't have a shit-ton of sausages.
Wrong.
>American-style 'Italian sausage' which is pork and fennel isn't prominent anywhere in Italy.
Wrong.
>Culinary elitists or Europeans who think Americans just fuck everything up are being assholes.
Correct.

>italian sausage

What did he mean by this?

>not reading the thread before posting
Do yuros really do this?

Make sausage peppers and onions with it
Also I mix it in with my mince for lasagnas cause I like the spicy flavor
but mostly sausage peppers and onions in a marinara , scooped into a nice loaf.
wash it down with a Trayvon Martini

wow youre so cool senpai

Make little sausage balls, brown the outsides in a pan with olive oil. Add sliced garlic, cook until translucent then add broccoli rabe. Deglaze with white wine or lemon juice, season with salt, pepper, and crushed red. Take off the heat, finish with butter, serve over linguine and some garlic bread on the side.

>brits make chorizo
>they always add fennel
Just chuck all mediterranean cuisines in a bag and shake it all up and call it from whatever country you want, why don't you?