Stephen King's under the Dome: 2009

>Stephen King's under the Dome: 2009
>The Simpson's Movie: 2007

Who even takes this guy fucking seriously.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shut the fuck up you clearly don't know anything about this

>What if; Clowns were evil
>What if; Cars were evil
>What if; Fathers were evil

Lmao no one does

dude clowns lmao

but what about the dark tower

Hey Stevie kang

>how many layers of horror are you on?
>Like 5 or 6 my dude?
>you are like a little kubrick, watch this.
>C L O W N N

Dong tower no thanks

Stephen King is a renowned author and a well respected member of the literature community. You are nothing. He DID NOT copy the simpsons movie it is well known that he actually started writing it in 1975. FUCK OFF

>What if, a dog wasn't evil but just rabid and there were really stupid people trying to get away from it

1975 doesn't exist, faggot.

>takes 30 years to write a book about being under a sphere

It's a dome you mongoloid.

cujo did nothing wrong

>Speaking out for the first time about his reaction on learning that 'Under The Dome' has already been showcased on a special episode of The Simpsons, author Stephen King said, "I never saw it. "I was just totally gob smacked and blindsided when people started to say, oh, 'The Simpsons' already did this," he said. "I'm thinking to myself, I'm so glad that I wrote my book beforehand or I kind of would have been kind of like down, but you know what, I saw the previews to that movie and I don't remember Springfield being under a dome," he added.
>I totally wrote it before
DAMAGE CONTROL

WE WUZ STEPHEN KANGZ

>Several Internet writers have speculated on a perceived similarity between Under the Dome and The Simpsons Movie, where, [...] Springfield is isolated inside a large glass dome [...]. I can’t speak personally to this, because I have never seen the movie, and the similarity came as a complete surprise to me...although I know, from personal experience, that the similarity will turn out to be casual. For the doubters, this excerpt [from The Cannibals] should demonstrate that I was thinking dome and isolation long before Homer, Marge, and their amusing brood came on the scene."[16]

He's rather pathetic

>war

Infinite Jest did humor better than IT

>when you're only famous for movies about your books that you hated for changing too much

Stephen, I..

>I have never seen the movie, and the similarity came as a complete surprise to me
>although I know, from personal experience, that the similarity will turn out to be casual
How can a genre fiction write have the gall to be an elitist about it

>dude
>dude what if
>what if the fog
>like
>what if
>dude
>deadly fog
>LMAO

AND WHAT IF HE SHOOTS HIS SON IN THE FACE LMAO

>dude what if x was not good

It's sort of fun watching Veeky Forums coming together for once and talking shit about one writer. Very harmonious.

>uhh horror machine broke

BIHHHH FIX THAT JOINT

fix dat join rn

It's not even a dome either. It's like a cylinder that extends up into space and down into earth.

>tfw you fail at copying lovecraft.

Stay cucked, kangian.

MY BOOKS WOULD KILL YOU TRAVELLER

Its pretty good don't you think?

I require your strongest books, book seller.

Book seller, i will have only you strongest books

>10 posters
>40 posts
>shitposting at it's finest

IMAGINE MY SHOCK

You're not wise enough for my strongest books, reader.

>when X isn't bad

>new creature from the Mist

JUST

>What if; Everything took place in Maine?
>What if; Rednecks?
>What if; rehashed plot pieces.

I have never read a single Stephen King book, to each their own.

EVERYTHING FLOATS DOWN HERE

I just started reading revival and it's the first stephen king book I've ever read. And I'm really liking it so far. I'm kind of new in this board, why is king so bad?

Stefan Kuck over here

MY BOOKS WOULD KILL EVEN THE STRONGEST OF REDDIT0RS

He's not bad. Well, he writes so much shit, some of it is bad, but most of it is good to god-tier. Night Shift is essential reading. I wish I had known how good it was earlier.

High Phtephen.
The bogs are onto you my friend, they will not be long.

Hey guys what if a passing meteor caused cars and trucks to become sentient beings?

I guarantee you Johnny Test has a better plotline.

There's a comics series from ... I don't know but it definitely pre-dates the Simpsons movie where there's a big dome like this that just appears too. I think it's called Girls. The plot is the dome appears then these weird identical naked women start crawling out of the undergrowth and fucking all the men and murdering any normal women of fertile age. Also there are giant floating spermatoza that kill people too, I think. The denouement was that the dome was some sort of alien space womb and it made a giant baby that floated off into space? I don't really remember. It feels like a surreal nightmare that I once had and can't quite remember. There wasn't much point to it. It's hard to find again as it had such a generic title.

Is he there?

This was more shit posting but, king is disliked usually because of his formulaic ideas and lack of actual scares in horror.

And also its funny that he is only famous for movie adaptations of books, and he hated said movies

Will they bring about the end?

Found it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls_(comics)
>After a young man named Ethan Daniels is thrown out of the bar in the town of Pennystown, he meets a mysterious naked and injured woman out on the street. He takes her to his home, and after he tries unsuccessfully to get information from her, they have intercourse. He leaves her in his house the next day to report the situation to the local police officer, running across his ex-girlfriend Taylor in the process. They return to Ethan's home find she has laid eggs that hatch into full-grown identical copies of her. The Girls attack any other females they come across, forcing the townspeople to initially hide in their homes. The situation is complicated by a giant sperm-like monster in a cornfield and the discovery of an enormous reflective dome separating Pennystown from outside aid and from escaping.

>The book ultimately ends with the remaining townspeople killing off the rest of the Girls, which prompts the sperm monster to break the dome and shoot a beam into space. The surviving townspeople then mourn their dead friends and family as well as celebrate their survival as rain pours down on them. The scene then cuts to outer space, where another sperm monster is seen carrying another Girl to another planet.
I don't understand how anyone thought this was a good idea.

Men will stare lovingly to death

They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine, plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth." (Revelation 6:7-8

I don't read comics but picked this up because naked women and the premise was interesting but it was the most horrible and embarrassing shit ever.

>Who is Marlene Haushöfer

Wasn't there a dome in the Midwich cuckoo's, written in the 30s maybe?

It's hardly an original concept.

Oh my godness.

What happened?

They will come

sounds 10/10 desu I hope I one day find a naked girl in the street that I can have intercourse with

>I'm so glad that I wrote my book beforehand or I kind of would have been kind of like down

Stephen has such a way with words

"god-tier"

He meant wrote it before he found that out, not before they did it, numbnuts.

That's only in the movie ya Sood.

>"Yeah lol i didn't even know about this major million dollar movie from the biggest cartoon franchise of America until after i made the book with a strikingly similar plotline two years afterwards somehow missing every clue to the dome in the movie either from trailers, talk shows or casual conversation about it, phew"

How convenient

What sort of media saturated world do you live in that you can't imagine that's possible?

I don't think its impossible i just think its highly unlikely that someone wouldn't have brought it up in casual conversation, this movie was pretty popular when it came out

He doesn't even take himself seriously

>I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries.

Revival is one of his best books

Everyone ITT is a fucking faggot, including myself.

ok, good effort.

Joe Hill, pls.

Childe roland to the dark tower came did it better

Shaka Zulu did it better

kek

>this thread

>30 years to write a stephen king novel
That's even worse desu

I think Under the Dome is a rewritten version of a much earlier trunk novel. Though how much it has in common with the earlier version I'm not sure.

he's an alright guy

publishers. dude is worth north of 400 million dollars. shit mayne I'd sell out intellectually for that kind of cash.