Book is over 600 hundred pages

>Book is over 600 hundred pages
How the fuck do you guys do it
Do you just read fast or something?

Not being a brainlet works wonders for your reading capabilities

I don't understand people that care about how many pages a book is. Who gives a fuck. If it's good it's a blessing it's long.

>600 hundred pages
>60,000 pages
>4.58 times as large as the longest ever novel (page count, not words)
What the fuck

.58 times as large as the longest ever novel (page count, not words)
boi i hope you dont mean in the realms of the unreal

>Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus (English: Artamène, or Cyrus the Great) is a French novel sequence, originally published in ten volumes in the 17th century. The title pages credit the work to Georges de Scudéry, but it is usually attributed to his sister Madeleine. At 1,954,300 words,[1] it is considered the longest novel ever published.
Oh dear God it's not even close to The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest.

Slowly?

havent you ever read a trillogy or series of books? its just like that but in one item

This. 600 pages of a good book feels like barely one hundred.

Do a hundred pages a day(minimum).
Boom, book is done under a week.

It's not hard brah, git gud.

This. I could even do that when i was a 8 year old brat.
I guess, some people are either lazy or huge plebs.

There is no good book with that much pages

Just think that ten year olds went through thousands of pages of Harry Potter.

Page number isn't really a good measure of anything. Stuff like Count of Monte Cristo is really long but you can just breeze right through it.

I don't get why it's so hard for some people. If I enjoy a book (I admit, some are more of a slog than others) I'll read 100+ pages a day and it'll be finished in a week. The only times I wasn't doing that was the last year of high school, and that was because I simply had so much homework there was nothing else in my life.

I thinks it's just a matter of patience, application, enjoyment-- old world virtues modern times have perverted into a collective negative: OCD.

Brothers Karamazov, Moby Dick, Anna Kerinana ...

>What the fuck is the Count of Monte Cristo
NOT EVEN TRYING

I have a pocket version of 1200 pages of brothers karamazov

The fuck? 600 pages is like a long novel. Most of Murakami's books are 500-600 pages and are a breeze.

I got a bit bored in Paris, especially after the party in the count's country house

>Poe believed that all literary works should be short. "There is", he writes, "a distinct limit... to all works of literary art - the limit of a single sitting." He especially emphasized this "rule" with regards to poetry, but also noted that the short story is superior to the novel for this reason.
Was poe right? Should we all take the poepill and stop reading novels?

is tolstoy, dostoievsky, dumas, cervantes, rebatet, proust, and a fuckton of better writter than poe should be ignored?
book is longer = more days on it. That's it, really.

yes
>my subjective opinion means this man's argument is wrong

>literary value is subjective
found the pleb

Poe was a fucking hack. Why should we listen?

>anyone who writes differently to me is wrong
Thanks, Edgar.

That's nothing if the subject actually interests you. Genre fiction usually has between 500 - 1000 pages, that's what the readers actually want. So why are 600 pages suddenly hard when comes to more serious fiction?

6 hours of reading. Every single day.

If I want to absorb it immediately, I find a digital version on lg, open it in Pocketbook reader, and use the google tts at max speed. Then go out hiking or something mindless so you can absorb it. Not recommended with fiction.

currently at exactly the point you mentioned. It's dragging a bit. Also WTF is Dumas trying to achieve by not telling us it's Dantes? It's irritating tb h

The same way your weeb ass sinks 80 hours into a dating sim game.

You take as long as you need to read it, user. Sometimes a long book needs a longer time to read it. Find a quiet place without distractions and go for it - don't try and speed read it, you won't want to anyway if you're enjoying it.

Agreed. In fact, if it's great, it feels better than reading a bundle of shorter books.

don quixote, u massive knob

Video games destroyed my attention span, its kind of hard to focus, and get enjoyment of books.

I know this feel, I'll be reading then start thinking about other things then realize I have absorbed nothing that I was reading for the last 30 minutes.