Smell expired raw pork once about six months ago

>smell expired raw pork once about six months ago
>now every time I smell any pork I become nauseated unless it's covered in spices
Fucking androstenone. Who else here finds the smell of pork disgusting?

Fuck off Muhammad

what about crispy bacon
?

I smell expired meat all the time and have no problem smelling or eating good meat.

>hurrr
Not too bad. I'll eat it but I won't cook it.
It's just with pork. I could bath in beef, chicken, bison, lamb, etc

You are either a shitskin or retarded. I've bought cryovac'd pork on the sell by date, let it sit in my refrigerator for 1 week, opened it and was blasted with a rotten egg smell. I rinsed it well, cooked it and no one who ate it got sick and they all thought it was delicious. Stop being a little manlet. You are literally why the US hasn't won a war since WWII.

Pork is bad for you, OP.
>captcha: stop

The smell of bacon is one of my least favorite kitchen smell

I remember some time 2 years ago when I was going out with this vegan girl I ate some really really shitty steak and chicken like two days in row and it was so fucking disgusting I stopped eating meat for a couple of months.

Bacon is probably the most overrated food in the world. I think it looks delicious but every time I try it, I just find it completely unappetizing. I like a little pork or ham, but it just get's too strong if I eat very much of it.

That happens to me with eggs. I was going to make scrambled eggs and all of them were rotten. It has been more than 2 months since that and I can still smell that shit.

it's kind of like really strong almonds
fuck it's gross
and pork is slimy enough when it's fresh, fuck bad pork

pork is garbage meat, 9/10 times it has to be seasoned.

The question is: What compels you to have a sniff at expired foods?

How else would you know if they're expired if you don't evaluate them with your senses?

Don't tell me you actually put any faith whatsoever in dates on packaging.

It's tough. I smelled rancid beef a few years back. Couldn't eat it for a few weeks.

>tfw it's fine to claim that fresh meat smells bad but it's rayciss to claim that feral coons stink something fierce (which they actually, really do in real life)

>tfw pork is cheap thanks to meme health 'experts' and sandniggers and you can eat as many delicious greasy pigs as you like
eyy

Why don't you eat unexpired foods then, you fucking retard?

I do eat unexpired foods. How do I know they're unexpired? Because I use my fucking senses to evaluate them.

Package dates are literally meaningless. The sooner you learn this the sooner you'll stop eating bad food that could make you sick and the sooner you'll stop throwing away perfectly good food.

Jews
Muslims
Gays

I find the smell of meat in general disgusting.

That's OK, user. Nobody is perfect.

Meat idk I don't get bothered by it. I eat a lot of wild meats and grass fed is normal in my country.

But eggs. I have worked around broiler sheds. And now when I cook cheap cage eggs I can smell the stuffy dark shed with tens of thousands of chickens wafting through the kitchen. I'm not broke so I spend an extra buck or two on ones that come from chickens who were outside. Sometimes spend double compared to the cheapest.

I can see how meat could be influenced by conditions but eggs even more. It's like your piss. Something that regularly comes out. Or your cum. Not trying to ruin anyone's appetite, I love good eggs. But eat some asparagus one time and take a look at your piss, and then think about the eggs of a chicken who has never seen the sun and lives in the moist stench of another 50,000 birds eating the same grain stuff out of a silo for every meal.

Package dates are ultra safe. I probably throw away good food from time to time, but never the reverse

I've had both, and if they tasted significantly different I wouldn't buy caged eggs. But they don't, so I don't care.

nice, be sure to eat them medium rare too, extra juicy and extra healthy.

Maybe you are used to it and maybe the fancy ones you buy just live in an open plan shed instead of a cage. Those places stink the same. Not even considering bird welfare here.

Also you tend to get a lot bigger eggs eg a dozon weighing 800 gram rather than 5-600 which makes up for some of the price difference.

I live in Iowa. I've been to the farms I got them from. It's just not a huge difference in taste.

>Package dates are ultra safe
Theoretically, sure. They are based on very very conservative studies and are padded to fuck to help stop retards from poisoning themselves. But that doesn't mean they are always on the safe side. There are countless ways in which the food could be fucked over despite the date.

What if the truck delivering the packaged food to your local megamart had a breakdown on the road and sat in the hot sun for far longer than intended? What if the lazy stockboy putting things in the refrigerator in the store leaves your yogurt in the sun while he's talking a smoke break and gets distracted by his phone? And so on.

>> I probably throw away good food from time to time
that's an understatement if there ever was one.

Those two problems are bad enough. But it gets even worse when people never learn to judge the food on their own and insted become slaves to the dates. That gets people sick when a fuckup occurs but people say "yeah this meat smells bad but muh date says its gonna be good for another week"

It's not taste for me either. It's the smell when I cook them. Sounds fussy as hell I guess but fuck it, I'm happy to support those kinds of farms when I'm not doing it rough. Have you seen difference in yolk colour? When they can eat bugs outside? Considered how much antibiotic is in the feed to keep birds alive in those close quarters? It's paradise for bird flu v2 in those sheds. Antibiotic resistant nightmare. But it keeps all these people alive above natural equilibrium right? That's the important thing. Aside from the taste.

Prior to the requiring of Best By dates people regularly died of food poisoning. My system statistically works better than yours.

>I've had both,
I doubt that. There are two kinds of "Cage free" eggs. The overwheming majority of them give the chickens just enough space to legally qualify as "cage free", but they still are cramped as fuck and fed the same shitty industrial feed. You're right--those taste no better than caged eggs.

But honest-to-goodness cage free eggs from chickens that can catch bugs, lizards, mice (believe it or not chickens fucking love mice), wild plants and seeds, etc. have much better tasting eggs. Unfortunately it can be difficult to tell these from the previous "cage free" that I described.

Like I said, I've been to the farms. Most of the time I've had cage free, it's friends and family giving them away. The difference is not particularly noticeable.

> My system statistically works better than yours.
1) How do we know that the changes in sickness had anything to do with the dates and not an unrelated factor, like advances in medicine, or people tending to consume more ready-made food rather than cooking for themselves?

2)Better at what exactly? Throwing away food that isn't actually bad? I'll grant you that.

All I'm saying is that it's retarded for people not to cultivate the skill to judge food safety on their own. Self-reliance is an important skill.

I forgot to mention: One thing that I think would be a FANTASTIC improvement for food safety would be to develop packaging that can actually signal if food has gone bad or not.

Trying to estimate how food might last given expected sorage conditions + then padding the fuck out of that date to avoid lawsuits is very wasteful. But if the packaging had an indicator--like a color changing label or something--that could actually detect spoilage then that would be a very very good thing. It could warn people about food that went bad well before the expected date, and it also makes sure that food it's wasted by assigning an overly conservative date. Better to know with certainly if a food is bad rather than rely on a guess.

>How do we know that the changes in sickness had anything to do with the dates and not an unrelated factor
Feel free to solve for as many confounding factors as you like, there's no shortage of evidence. It started with milk, and the sharp drop in deaths after they were implemented led to widespread adoption. You can compare today between countries that do and don't have them, or even within the same country, with locally grown food.

You think people didn't cultivate this skill before? The fact of the matter is that people can't figure it out that easily. Relying on expiration dates turns what used to be a serious gamble into an absolutely minute chance of illness.

White Scottish here and I hate the smell of androstenone too. Pork smelled ok as a kid but now pork smells like sewage 99% of the time.

>Relying on expiration dates turns what used to be a serious gamble into an absolutely minute chance of illness.

And it also leads to a bunch of waste and cultivates idiocy among the populace.

fuck off terrorist

Waste is irrelevant, America's actually reducing the amount of farmland it uses because we're so fucking good at producing. And there's nothing idiotic about relying on economic specialization instead of encouraging everyone to be an inefficient jack of all trades.

In general going to the grocery store or butcher more often and getting lessmeat maybe a day or two before you use it prevents this. I find it cuts down on spoilage too of my vegetables as well. I find washing the meat in very cold water and scrubbing it with a little salt improves the smell greatly. I have this issue more with stuff like pork chops than I do with stuff like pork shoulder or bacon. Chicken seems to have the inverse problem the more fat it has the more rancid it smells and sooner. Have to cook or freeze chicken thighs within 3 days or I won't touch it.

>Waste is irrelevant
Cool. Send me your extra money then.

>> because we're so fucking good at producing
We're great at producing cheap, bland, produce, poultry, and meat. We're awful at producing things that actually taste good because we favor cheaper over everything else.

>>And there's nothing idiotic about relying on economic specialization
Relying on an inaccurate attempt to predict the future is never as good as relying on actual facts (i.e. )

I cooked some pork shoulder a day after the best by date and it smelled a little weird but it didn't do anything to me or my spouse. Maybe that was just the normal smell but I could have sworn it was starting to go.

The vacuum packed pork is different though. It almost always has that weird smell.

I feel like I already sufficiently proved that these scientific predictions are more accurate than the senses of individuals. I'm not against improvements in the industry, but I am against people thinking they'll do a better job of it than the group of guys whose job it is to run tests on food and find the safe point. Because on a population-wide scale, your system kills people.