Do diet sodas make you fat? Do they spike insulin or not?

Do diet sodas make you fat? Do they spike insulin or not?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782974/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you use them to justify binging on other foods, yes

The consensus is that it fucks up your insulin production.

I've drank more than a 6 pack of diet coke a day for the past 15 years and have maintained 160-170 pounds, and i eat garbage with little to no exorcise

Obviously anecdotal, and I'm sure it will all catch up to me, but I'm more concerned about the effect on my mind than I am the effect on my BMI

Of laymen maybe.
ace k and aspartame are not on the glycemic index.

Because it says "diet'' or "zero" on the label it still doesn't change the fact you are consuming sweetened carbonated chemical water.

everyone is just going to shout what they heard, with no evidence and the only studies on this are kinda fucked.
they used sucralose in this study so who the fuck knows

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2782974/

It only affects obese people. I drink this shit anytime, weight hasn't changed.

just drink water bro lmao

Study basically says drinking diet soda before carb heavy meals might cause you to absorb slightly more calories.

Lost a massive amount of weight drinking 2+ liters of diet soda a day so take that as you will.

before sip fags ruined it. low carb monster was my weight loss crutch. A sip here or there throughout the day keeps the fatty cravings away

Well my brother is a diabetic so thTs all he drinks, so I'm guessing it does not spike insulin

The damage has been done so...

Fucking Indonesia. I am on a vacation and wanted me some Coke Zero; I went to the HYPERmarket, spent 10 minutes looking for the drinks fridge, and tp my suprose when I found it: No coke zero. Not even regular coke what the fuck

P.S. I dont drink a lot of soda and im not fat

American education?

the studies that say it raises insulin are questionable at best. dont fall for the sugar industry memes

>Coke Zero
I have bad news for you

it has been discontinued so you better get home and buy a case while you can still get it. the replacement product has already hit the market

It can make you hungry apparently because it tricks your brain into thinking it's about to get sugar. Also something something aspartame is Hitler yada yada

what do you mean effect on your mind?

There's become a relationship between drinking diet soda and gaining weight. Thing is we're justifying our extra eating because our coke is zero calorie. That and what said

much like gluten, there are some people with a rare medical condition that makes them unable to have it, and regular healthy people went full retard and started avoiding it too.

same thing here except instead of gluten its phenylalanine, which in people with a rare medical condition causes them to develop dementia and have seizures and shit, but is otherwise perfectly fine for normal healthy people to have. That's not to stop regular healthy people from being afraid of it too for no reason.

Even though much like MSG and people who wrongly claim they have an allergy to glutimate, phenylalanine is naturally occurring in many common foods like meat, milk, and eggs which the very same people eat with no problems

>my genetically dysfunctional brother only drinks artificially sweeten shit
>someone points out it doesn't matter because the fucker is already ruined
>AMERICA NOT SMART! DUUUURRRR!
I hope your brother loses a foot.

Citation needed

You know damn well what you meant, you fat fuck

Discontinued worldwide?
Also, I have never tried it but suddenly I really wanted to. I think the idea of zero sugars once in a while is good

in fact it's entirely europes fault. The europeans didn't like it, so they discontinued it for everybody and are rolling out the new european friendly formula instead

it has less flavor and wears a hijab

Diabetics can be skinny too. Good luck in the future.

I just tried it and thought it was how the Zero looked like in Indonesia, didn't know it is the new one. Tastes good desu but I really want to try the old zero now haha.

I used to believe the meme that they "spike insulin" and then read an actual study that actually quantified the actual fucking amounts.

It's so negligible that it's like worrying about being hit by a meteorite. The effect is literally a hundredth of the "spike" that you would get from eating a fucking cracker. Yes, your body's tastebuds signal your endocrine system that there's carbs incoming, oh teh noes. No, it doesn't fucking matter.

If you're worried about insulin, stop eating CARBOHYDRATES (meaning monosaccharides, disaccharides, and polysaccharides). THOSE force your body to crank out insulin, eventually leading to insulin resistance, diabetes, rotting feet and fingers, blindness, and death.

Source: am FORMER type-2 diabetic who went on keto, lost a third of my fat ass, and now have healthy blood sugar levels, despite drinking Coke Zero all the time.

Type 1 diabetics are usually skinny, because by definition their illness is caused by their body being unable to produce insulin due to the destruction of their islet cells, and their inability to produce insulin means that it's hard for them to convert sugars into fats for long-term storage. That said, I briefly dated a T1 who was a fucking hamplanet because she would eat entire plates of french fries and then dose herself with enough insulin to kill a horse.

Type 2 diabetics are usually landwhales whose hamplanetude causes insulin resistance which is what causes type 2 diabetes.

Weight gain is caused by intake of excess calories, not by insulin.

Type 1 diabetics are usually skinny, because by definition their illness is caused by their body being unable to produce insulin due to the destruction of their islet cells, and their inability to produce insulin means that it's hard for them to convert sugars into fats for long-term storage. That said, I briefly dated a T1 who was a fucking hamplanet because she would eat entire plates of french fries and then dose herself with enough insulin to kill a horse.

Type 2 diabetics are usually landwhales whose hamplanetude causes insulin resistance which is what causes type 2 diabetes. Their bodies still produce insulin, but can't produce enough insulin to overcome their cells' insulin resistance.

That's sort of true, sort of not. The insulin is what converts those "calories" into fat.

And the reason I put "calories" into "scare quotes" is because you're not eating "calories", you're eating carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. Calories are a unit of energy. Drinking hot water isn't going to make you fat.

>The insulin is what converts those "calories" into fat.
No.

>Calories are a unit of energy. Drinking hot water isn't going to make you fat
Autism

Define what a calorie is and then we'll see why you don't know what you're talking about.

Type-1 is not genetic, it's caused by infection and weird auto-immune responses.
Type-2, is though.

Solid rebuttal

The high acidity of almost all diet cokes is still going to fuck your teeth.

What I'd like is something as close to coke as possible, but with the titratable acidity of carbonated water and no sugar.