I am almost done with Blood Meridian. My favorite thing about it is the insane plot. It's just....amazing

I am almost done with Blood Meridian. My favorite thing about it is the insane plot. It's just....amazing.

Please don't spoil it for me

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

the kid escapes and becomes the man, kills a kid who fucks at him about his ear necklace. then he meets back up with the judge at a bar where they watch a dancing bear get shot. the kid goes to the jakes and gets raped/killed by the naked judge hiding inside. then the judge goes dancing and lives forever

nice pasta, kid
*spits*

>meming the ending of The Fault In Our Stars
reddit pls...just go

>spits aesthetically

cmon man, op asked politely why you gotta be a mega cunt

Bald guy rapes and kills the kid

>rapes
lol no
nobody knows for sure
what happened there desu

Well I like to think he raped him.

Other than the plot, do you like the prose? If you do I strongly suggest Suttree. It's a bit lighter in tone (but dark in places) but an absolute joy to read

it's not much of a plot. it's simple, albeit brutally violent.

>b-b-but it's not a plot-driven narrative.
nope. it's not.

I don't really care for the prose...I hardly understand any of the words. But the PLOT... absolutely remarkable

what is the plot?

3/10

get off Wikipedia. hurry and answer me

Decades of hard work turn a boy into a man. The men in his company are often horny; separately, they enjoy spending their hard-earned cash on fine clothing.

Nothing remotely suggests rape or even murder. You probably also think the prostitute was a midget and the kid was secretly a homicidal pedophile.

Fag.

The blood meridian was inside you all along

>aliens

Here is the ending: nothing really happens at all.

Not even that guy but that scene pretty much mirrors the scene when they meet the group that had the fucked up horse, where the judge is dancing along the walls at night, and then the boy is found dead in the morning.

Harold Bloom interpreted the ending (in "How to Read and Why") as the kid being murdered

in the rogue blood

abandon this thread user and don't look back until you're finished with the book. cunts.

>reading for the plot

well then what happened faggot?

Holden rapes the kid's sister, Phoebe

>raped/killed
confirmed for looking up "blood meridian ending explained" after finishing the book

>tfw not available in my language
>tfw my OCD prevents me from getting a billingual library
>tfw only available in english in THAT cover anyway

Mama mia...

That's a great cover fuck you

Also there are other covers, you moron

>Ever having a quote on a cover telling you how great it is
>Ever having a quote on a cover telling you how great it is from a person you never heard of

Nice try, Mr. Banville.

Caring about the words on the cover instead of the design is the same as caring about the plot and not the prose

>reading translations when you know the original language
What's your language fuckboy?

The design is shit, though, that's what I'm talking about.

German
OCD prevents me from getting english books.