Any good ways to use a chuck roast that doesn't involve making a stew?

Any good ways to use a chuck roast that doesn't involve making a stew?

Brought a pretty large chunk of it but only ended up using half of it.

dice it up and make con carne my son

Eat it raw out on your doorstep
Naked

Ground chuck burgers
Chuck beef jerky
Minced chuck filled buns
Chuck and cheese filled ravioli
Tacos ala chuck au poivre

Just a regular pot roast is good. Or you could smoke it and make barbecue.

I used the first half to make curry. Was trying to avoid making another similar dish 2 weeks in a row

A good slow roast would do it to break down the connective tissues.

Dice that fucker up and turn it into a Bolognese and make a lasgna.

likely too fatty to work as jerky

You could prob make a somewhat fake barbacoa with chuck (traditionally it's made from cheeks etc.)

I only use chuck roast for steak. Sous vide + sear comes out better than prime rib.

Roast it low and slow on a smoker.

The marbling that chuck has makes it an underrated cut of meat. Done properly, it can be melt-in-your-mouth tender, and because of the fat content, you're going to have a really flavorful chunk of meat. Fat/marbling=flavor.

Chuck works well for this.

Whipped up some last weekend using a chuck. Shit was cash.

At what like 230°F?

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I've smoked 'em in the 225-250F range and they've been great.

Anyway, OP, there's tons of things you can do with it:
-velvet it and use it for a stir-fry
-grind it up and make hamburgers, or use for any other dish calling for ground beef
-save it for making stock or gravy

Yeah, exactly.

I love chuck for some burgers, or even just meat for an omelette or whatever breakfast dish you do. goes great in hash browns, eggs, any kind of burrito.

You can slice it thin and cook it and eat it as sandwich meat too. make sure not to over cook it, and beware it doesnt keep very long. Philly cheese steak works too.

is this bait

Seriously, sous-vide can be used to make tough cuts have the same texture as a premium cut. Though the sous-vide time is often many hours. Often multiple days.

Research it my bro.

so it becomes tender without falling apart like chuck usually does when you cook it slow? gonna have to tried it next time i have a sous-vide available

>packetfrench onion soup mix
>1 chuck
>1 cup of water
>walmart crockpot on low for 8 hours
wa la

Chuck is the classic burger cut, so minced in patties or meatballs will work well
Chopping into chunks and slow cooking in a curry or other slow cook will work well, as it sears nicely
or cut steaks and tenderise or cook sous vide before grilling