"evidence-based" and "science-based" banned in CDC reporr

No, this is not a joke. Seven words were banned by the Trump administration in an upcoming CDC budget report.
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html?utm_term=.76b9e49e9d2a

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice, this almost redeems Trump in my eyes after the NN shitshow. Almost.

We wouldn't have this problem if science and facts weren't so obviously bias against republicans.

That's our guy trump. Striking back against the sissy liberals and their use of words Obama liked in the annual cdc budget. Banning words you don't like in agency budgets sure makes America great again doesn't it?

what does "science-based" even mean?
>there is science-based evidence that OP is a fag

I don't agree with moderating language in general, but fuck that's a good use of it.

Yup
evilthink is doubleplusungood

Yeah, straight out of the Party's playbook
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
Run along back to /pol/ now

"evidence-based" and "science-based" are buzzwords that aren't useful for anything except thinly veiled lies

So this pertains to future budget reports by the CDC... the only one I personally have an issue with is "vulnerable" but any troglodyte could just say "at-risk"

I will say that this is stupid as hell and that the anti-science stance taken by the trump admin is absolutely depressing

yea because in 1984 was about banning meaningless liberal buzzwords to piss off retarded liberals

Same with "transgender", "fetus", and "diversity", amirite?

>yea because in 1984 was about banning meaningless liberal buzzwords
that's exactly what it was about though.
and you think trump is just doing this to "troll" and "piss off" liberals. that's your millenial naivety showing

absolutely for diversity and transgender. not for fetus, that's retarded and I won't believe it until I see it in writing - the shitpost says it's hearsay.

he's got you there man, read the book

there's no difference between a human in the womb and a human that's been born. "fetus" is a thinly-veiled lie liberals use to justify abortion.

>2018 report wont have any garbage about science-based evidence for transgender entitlement as a vulnerable, evidence-based, naturally occuring diversity response of normal fetal development
Liberals buttblasted.

Will they have to use synonyms if they want to discuss pregnancy-related or transgenderism-related health issues now? Donald Trump is certainly delivering on his pledge to reduce government micromanagement.

It'll be difficult for them to come up with synonyms for transgender that don't make it sound as insane as it actually is.

>"This study how PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THEIR GENDER..."
>"MEN WHO WANT TO BE WOMEN"
>"the effects of hormone treatment on WOMEN WITH PENISES..."

you managed to read the entirety of 1984 by yourself and still missed the point
good job, neck yourself

>PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED ABOUT THEIR GENDER
They're not, hence them declaring their gender to the world.
>MEN WHO WANT TO BE WOMEN
>WOMEN WITH PENISES
Transgenderism can and often does go the other way around.

you mean men with vaginas and women who want to be men?

It's too bad that reality disagrees with Republicans to the point where they must alter the fabric of English discourse in order to not feel uncomfortable.

There should be a reeducation program. Or we could at least offer euthanasia.

Useless gesture, they can just use different phrases of the same words or the same terms in a different languages just to bypass the ban.

Instead of saying "science based" you can just say "secundum scientiam" and be okay because Latin terminology is utilized in law and medical documents anyway. It'll just be one more phrase to add to the pile.

And if he's retarded enough to challenge the use of Latin terminology then he'll have both the law and medical community on his back.

>language-policing is the greatest threat to western civilization, except for all the times we do it

>ITT: retarded Trump supporters not knowing what words are used for

I could use those words to clearly describe the difference between homeopathy and vaccines. For example, vaccines are evidenced based, homeopathy is not.

The purpose of a word is to convey meaning clearly and succinctly. "Evidenced-based" and "science-based" do that perfectly well.

Evidence would just get in the way of claims like these my dude
You're not an ANTIFA are you son?

>You're not an ANTIFA are you son?
>You're not an Communist are you son?
>Literally Red Scare 3.0

Not that user but if we have to go through this bullshit again I'm checking out. There's only so much retardation we should be subjected to.

Is there a source for this that isn't the fucking Washington Shitpost?

inb4 cnn

Now now, Trump is more likely to send spaceships to heaven so he can get his news right from God. This is good for the space program.

Thank God he banned the word "diversity", I hate that fucking word.

By "diversity" they always mean few white people.

ya aint done nothin if ya aint been called a red

To be fair, people only use fetus when they want to defend killing an unborn child.

It's human nature to dehumanise those you want to kill, Hitler did it with the Jews too.

Only a true pseud would consider this a bad thing

>only a person who disagrees with me would consider this a bad thing
>but since I'm too self-absorbed to recognize my own biases, I'll call those people names.

(((Science))) is just a liberal buzzword to shutdown discussions.

Cry about it to your therapist you antidepressant addled shitball #verymuchsomypresident

Communism is very real, very scary, and more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history. Sure let's just ignore it

The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016. It's never been anything but irony for you shitters to chastise the right, since your unironic attempts at viewing the world have only ended in paradox.

>...I'll call those people names!

Sarcasm must have been very rare in your family

>The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016
Why do you misuse language like this? Honestly user, I don't know who the fuck you are, but I'm getting sick of this shit. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or just trolling, but there is nobody who "doesn't understand" that Democrats lost the election.

This has NOTHING to do with policy. You are, based on your own demonstrations in your post, a moron or bad actor, and I don't like you fucking up this world.

The point of the post was a counterpoint. That reality does actually agree with republicans, since y'know... republicans won majority in the house and senate as well as the presidency, like y'know... /most/ people voted republican.

Like seriously you liberals are literal double digit IQ mongoloids. No temporal awareness or spacial reasoning, no ability to follow logic, ya'll dummies just scream about garbage feelings and trigger events instead of actual policy. Someone counters you with easy to follow sense and ya'll just blast off on some tangent of unrelated shit like you've got the memory of a goldfish and had forgotten your initial shitty point you were trying to make.

So just a big post insulting liberals and saying that "reality agrees with republicans" based on a fallacious appeal to the majority

Okay, kill yourself retard and please return to pol

>Communism is more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history

>Paying to educate the public is communism
>Paying to keep the public healthy is communism
>Paying to keep the public fed is communism
>Paying to keep the public not homeless is communism

What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?

The winner decides the course of history.

Non sequitur

Reality is not decided by consensus. A majority choosing to ignore scientific reality does not make it disappear. The debt will be paid by future generations for your foolishness. I'm done talking to you, you are objectively a moron.

Hey there, good prole. What you have to remember about communism is that it's not "workers' ownership of the means of production," "cooperative firms," or "labor self-ownership." Communism is when the government does stuff.
Clearly "educating the public," "keeping the public healthy," "keeping the public fed," and "keeping the public not homeless" count as "doing stuff," and so we have communism. TONS of it.
Learn more on /pol/

No you

Hey guess what faggot, maybe I wasn't talking about the American government and never implied that I was. Maybe I'm talking about the actual communist party. Actual Marx cocksuckers. I am not btw

Second,
>What the fuck is the point of government then you fucking idiot?
To protect and maintain society, dummy. Not to coddle the reproduction of warm bodies. And before you greenquote me faggot, maintain =/= serve

You really can't have an amount of communism.

Learn more in a library.

Your counterpoint kinda fails through, when you realize that most scientists and mathematicians are liberals and democrats and that Republican voters tend to be less educated compared to Democrats.

the terms are used by medfags because neither science nor evidence are still the assumed default in medicine lmao

>the "actual communist party" is communist
>today
>after the mccarthy era
>after the communists got purged from the AFL-CIO
>while it endorses the democrats in literally every election

Thanks for easily identifying yourself as an average, brainlet troll so we can more easily ignore your oh so desperate cries for attention!

ymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:25:46 No.9371557▶ Non sequitur

Reality is not decided by consensus. A majority choosing to ignore scientific reality does not make it disappear. The debt will be paid by future generations for your foolishness. I'm done talking to you, you are objectively a moron.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:26:58 No.9371558▶
File: fb0.jpg (29 KB, 640x432)
29 KB

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:27:58 No.9371560▶ Hey there, good prole. What you have to remember about communism is that it's not "workers' ownership of the means of production," "cooperative firms," or "labor self-ownership." Communism is when the government does stuff.
Clearly "educating the public," "keeping the public healthy," "keeping the public fed," and "keeping the public not homeless" count as "doing stuff," and so we have communism. TONS of it.
Learn more on /pol/

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:48:54 No.9371584▶ No you

Hey guess what faggot, maybe I wasn't talking about the American government and never implied that I was. Maybe I'm talking about the actual communist party. Actual Marx cocksuckers. I am not btw

Second,
To protect and maintain society, dummy. Not to coddle the reproduction of warm bodies. And before you greenquote me faggot, maintain =/= serve

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:50:40 No.9371585▶

You really can't have an amount of communism.

Learn more in a library.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)10:04:46 No.9371595▶

Your counterpoint kinda fails through, when you realize that most scientists and mathematicians are liberals and democrats and that Republican voters tend to be less educated compared to Democrats.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)10:05:51 No.9371599▶

you mean men with vaginas and women who want to be men?

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:04:06 No.9371384▶File: Execution of German nice (...).jpg (226 KB, 1024x663)
226 KB

It's too bad that reality disagrees with Republicans to the point where they must alter the fabric of English discourse in order to not feel uncomfortable.

There should be a reeducation program. Or we could at least offer euthanasia.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:11:02 No.9371400▶
File: 1511216093109.jpg (48 KB, 490x390)
48 KB

Useless gesture, they can just use different phrases of the same words or the same terms in a different languages just to bypass the ban.

Instead of saying "science based" you can just say "secundum scientiam" and be okay because Latin terminology is utilized in law and medical documents anyway. It'll just be one more phrase to add to the pile.

And if he's retarded enough to challenge the use of Latin terminology then he'll have both the law and medical community on his back.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:13:22 No.9371409▶
File: 1500871751372.png (116 KB, 600x600)
116 KB

>language-policing is the greatest threat to western civilization, except for all the times we do it

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:24:33 No.9371441▶ >ITT: retarded Trump supporters not knowing what words are used for

I could use those words to clearly describe the difference between homeopathy and vaccines. For example, vaccines are evidenced based, homeopathy is not.

The purpose of a word is to convey meaning clearly and succinctly. "Evidenced-based" and "science-based" do that perfectly well.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:31:19 No.9371469▶

It's human nature to dehumanise those you want to kill, Hitler did it with the Jews too.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:48:31 No.9371514▶ Only a true pseud would consider this a bad thing

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:56:28 No.9371519▶ >only a person who disagrees with me would consider this a bad thing
>but since I'm too self-absorbed to recognize my own biases, I'll call those people names.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:59:29 No.9371522▶

(OP)
(((Science))) is just a liberal buzzword to shutdown discussions.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)08:59:57 No.9371523▶ Cry about it to your therapist you antidepressant addled shitball #verymuchsomypresident

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:02:08 No.9371525▶ Communism is very real, very scary, and more prominent and tolerated in America than at any other point in history. Sure let's just ignore it

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:02:33 No.9371526▶ File: 1508195916591.jpg (11 KB, 228x223)
11 KB

The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016. It's never been anything but irony for you shitters to chastise the right, since your unironic attempts at viewing the world have only ended in paradox.

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:04:19 No.9371528▶ >...I'll call those people names!

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:07:40 No.9371534▶

Sarcasm must have been very rare in your family

>>
Anonymous 12/16/17(Sat)09:10:22 No.9371537▶ >The delusion of liberal democrats to still not understand the fact that they lost 3 elections in november 2016
Why do you misuse language like this? Honestly user, I don't know who the fuck you are, but I'm getting sick of this shit. I don't know if you'renderstand" that Democrats lost thstu

I imagine talking to a person such as yourself irl would be just as agonizing as attempting to decipher this sad attempt at a post, and act so simple that even most newfags don't fuck it up this badly.

Schizo board is this way

>Same with "transgender" and "diversity"
Yes, uniroinically.

>vaccines are evidenced based
My parents loved me enough to only get me the proof based vaccines.

"Evidence based" would be like when they realized sleeping near cows with cowpox would work as a vaccine for smallpox and didn't understand microbial life yet.

>muh semantics

No matter how you split that particular hair his point still remains exactly the same.

Trump banned the word transgender? He truly is a god. The fine golden hair was a dead giveaway.

This is retarded. You refute the science, not get mad at words with established meaning.

Genderfluidity is not "evidence-based," my dear retarded friend.

>The CDC’s work on birth defects caused by the Zikavirus includes research on the developing fetus.
>bans word fetus
Wonderful

Holy shit, stop it Trump, all this winning is making me burst.

(((scientists))) and mentally ill liberals BTFO

Epic kek amirite!

But banning the words makes the problem go away, just look at Florida banning the words "climate change" :^)

happy to see trump getting rid of all these doubleplusungood words, that should stop all this thoughtcrime going on

>developing late term embryo
Its not like its hard, theres a function in microsoft word that does this for you automatically. It would take literally 5 seconds to change every instance of the word “fetus” on the Wikipedia page for abortion.

To carry out bourgeois rule. What, are you stupid?

It's perfectly normal for organisations to have a style guide.

Nothing retarded about having a style guide.

what is it with all this retards spreading around on the internet? is this the check from failing education program from the last years?

>I vote republican

It's fine to have a style guide, but banning words with applicable uses just because you don't like them? That's retarded.

In what way? In what way is banning "
evidence-based" a good thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence-based_medicine

Right because the entire framework for how we do medicine is nothing but a buzzword. Back to /pol/ now

>i dont understand this, thus i dont need this

unborn child

How is banning the use of the word "fetus" a good use of language control?

To preserve private property rights, which is the basis for literally everything that leeches like you rely on to stay alive. That's it. Government isn't there to help solve your problems. Its only function is to ensure that my property stays my property.

How does it do that without a police force?

It has a police force. That's one of the few things that government should actually be doing. That and the military.

Everything else is welfare and should be eliminated.

why do liberals seek to dehumanize the weakest among us

Fetus is just the term for that stage of human development, just like how the term "embryo" describes the stage preceding it. Do you want to ban that too?

>exclusive rights over property besides personal property are fundamental to and give rise to human rights rather than vice versa
>absentee ownership of all society's productive forces by a fraction of a percent who leech off the work of others without pulling their own weight is a god-given right
>just like the divine right of kings, this comes from the sky, and supersedes any rational, utilitarian concerns
>because fuck you, that's why
pure ideology

But it's stupid...

>(((a fraction of a percent who leech off the work of others without pulling their own weight)))
connect the dots user

>implying (((they))) are either exclusively in big government or big business
>implying (((they))) don't preserve (((their))) power using a symbiotic relationship between business and government
What we really need are some kind of general restrictions that prevent individuals from wielding too much power, whether (((they're))) in government or business.

>not all jews are corporate aristocrats
>not all corporate aristocrats are jews
i won't deny they show quite a bit of overlap, but "it's the jews" muddies the water and obscures the real problem. when we connect the dots, we shouldn't ignore half of them and draw in new ones that aren't there

I want to ban all of animal development

fuck you

and fuck the dehumanizing term embryo and your goddam carnegie stages linking us to lower lifeforms

humans come out of a vagine and you start being a man from day 1 or your a soyboy

This.
No amount of high-minded ideals will stop even non-jews from acting according to their rational incentives when they have power.
Natsoc is a great idea in theory but doesn't work in practice

Well, at least it's good to be reminded it's not just the liberals who can push political correctness to levels of pure insanity.

We live in a post-reality, post-truth, post-rationality era. You might as well just strap in and get used to the technicolor view from inside our own collective ass. The era of rational thought came to an end decades ago.

Hopefully some cataclysm will set us straight again, while it's still possible.

Liberals didn't bat an eye when Obummer banned a ton of words because they triggered "progressives", but the moment Trump turns the tables on them, it's suddenly a massive issue.

What words did obama ban?

Is it even legal to ban words? Seems like a clear violation of the 1st amendment. It's not even like these words are words that could be considered hate speech and even with hate speech most people don't really face any consequences for it unless it is highly publicized and or accompanied by threats or other acts of violence.

I feel like the CDC would be 100% in the clearly legally if they simply defied the president and did as they pleased, which they absolutely should.

You forgot to mention the part about how the government cant do any of that stuff better than individuals can but takes a lot more money to