Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: PIZZA!

Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: PIZZA!

>PIZZA HUT AND DOMINOS NEED NOT APPLY

That's right: MO'FUGGIN' 'ZA.
What does that mean? Well, if you can't figure this shit out you should probably stay away from the knives.

Dishes will be scored on the following areas, so keep that in mind.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in appeal.

Remember people, timestamp and unique identifiers. Stop forgetting damn you.

Please suggest as you go, 'cos I'm gathering suggestions like some sort of hoarder.

Results of last month will be posted soon, so keep your eyes open.

Cringe.

I'm so excited for another great circlejer/ck/ thread.

Veeky Forums Challange 08/2017 results.

POH-TAY-TOES

1st place: Shake-kun's Sweet Gattó with Dried Fruit @ 17.75/20

2nd place: Mamushka Doll's Red Potato Lobster Bisque with Brie Duchess Potatoes and Purple Dauphin Potatoes @ 17.25/20

3rd place: Franz Liszt's Bok Choy Potato Salad w/ Duck Breast @ 15.625/20

4th place: Loco's Curry Potato Taco @ 15.5/20

4th place: Toys' Kugelis @ 15.5/20

5th place: Birdskull's Twice Baked Potatoes @ 14.875/20

6th place: Geodude's Potato Gratin @ 14.375/20

7th place: Skooma's Brekky & Bacon @ 12.875/20

8th place: Anonymous(2)'s Potatoes a la Pac-Man from Pakistan @ 11.875/20

9th place: Anonymous(1)'s Bangers and Mash @ 11.125/20

10th place: Webmfag's Lavender Vodka @ 10.875/20

11th place: S3krit's Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes with Spiced Rice @ 8.375/20

>pizza

This will only end badly. What a shitty round. Let me spell it out.

>normal pizza, low votes
>deconstructed pizza, low votes
>non-standard pizza, low votes
>someone orders papa johns, 10/10 perfect score

Put a link to this thread on Reddit.

I'm awake at 3am for some reason so after pouring myself a bit of night-night juice, I decided to check Veeky Forums and lo: I'm greeted to having won the last challenge! Wow. Thanks, guys!

Also, pizza, eh? I routinely make pizza from scratch, so I'm looking to put together something a bit... unusual... for this challenge.

Pizza? I thought about joining the next challenge and there were some cool suggestions and you went with pizza?

First potatoes and now pizza.
Fuck you, these challenges are shit now

Friend:
I love that you are putting the effort into this.
I've said it to you multiple times because I want you to know that your work is appreciated.
It's not so much a "challenge" anymore. It's just a platform to make whatever you want.
I'd prefer a challenge proper. Like everything on the plate has to be blue, or you have to cook everything outdoors, or it has to feature a specific spice.
I understand that the route you're taking might bring more contestants (contributors, really) that if it were more difficult, so if that's the way you want to take it then bully for you.
Just felt like putting my 2¢ in.
Love you either way. Or anyways. Or regardless. In spite of! Of. That's a weird looking word... "of". Huh.

>now

>pizza
C'mon man, you can do better than that.
If you don't like it feel free to fuck off.
See above, faggot.

I say this in every one of your shitty threads:
>>>/reddit/

>Welcome to the Veeky Forums challenge: PIZZA!
Yay! In! Also, nice full house!

Who's making 'gozza?

A bunch of Reddit losers apparently

Are we including stromboli and calzone in this?

Congrats, Shake-kun!

New to these, are we limited to one entry, or if we wish to enter multiple times with different submissions are we allowed?

I assume not, neither are pizza, as the toppings used can be used in a great many things besides pizza

Why thank ya kindly! I'm surprised to have won.

Nothing is stopping you from making many entries using different names/trips and/or different identifiers. If there were a prize, I'd say it borders on cheating, but as, in its current form, the challenge is simply an OC-generating device, I would welcome multiple submissions. Not sure how other people feel, though.
Last month, I posted a potato cake but also made yam jelly but didn't include it as a submission, so you can do that, if you'd like.

Isn't stromboli just a sauceless pizza roll-up? Like an uncut nut roll or cinnamon bun but with savoury things in it rather than nuts/dried fruit and cinnamon sugar?

For pizza:
Make soft, yeast-risen dough.
Roll it flat.
Top it with sauce, cheese and things.
Bake.

For stromboli:
Roll it flat.
Top it with cheese and things.
Roll it up.
Seal the ends.
Bake.

For cinnamon buns:
Roll it flat.
Top with cinnamon sugar. Also nuts and/or dried fruit, if desired.
Roll it up.
Cut into serving sizes.
Bake.

I'd say it's okay.
As for calzone, that's just a pizza folded in half and sealed shut, right? So ytf not include it?

Why are you so obsessed with Reddit?
How do you know so much about it?

Not sure about that theme, seems kinda boring to me.

Congrats from me as well, your Gatto did look nice af

>neither are pizza

Stromboli is to pizza as a falafel wrap is to hummus and pita chips.

>Pizza

Oh shit I was gonna fire up the pizza oven this weekend anyway

That... Doesn't make sense at all.
Pizza is yeasted dough, rolled flat, topped with stuff and baked.
Stromboli is yeasted dough, rolled flat, topped with stuff, rolled up and baked.
Very similar.

Falafel wrap is deepfried, spiced balls of beans held together with chickpea flour served in a soft, pliable flat bread with vegetables.
Hummus and pita chips is pureed chickpeas with sesame paste, oil, garlic and lemon juice served with crunchy twice-baked pieces of an unpliable flat bread.
Fairly dissimilar.

Thanks tonnes! It was a hoot making it.

As for the theme seeming boring, why not enter a non-boring entry like a little known variety or a completely new take on pizza altogether? For example, most kids growing up in Neapolitan homes will have eaten deep-fried, potato-dough pizzas (pic related). Super similar to Hungarian langos, they're topped simply with just tomato sauce, grated hard cheese like parmigiano or grana and a bit of basil.
I suspect the langos/fried pizza similarity is because Queen Margaret of the newly unified Italy was herself of Hungarian extraction and Italy and Hungary have had a long history of (gasp!) race-mixing that continues to this day. One of our most famous coffee brands, for example, Illy, is created of Hungarian-Italians. Illy Ferenc/Francesco Illy, the founder, was an Hungarian national living in Italy.

Toppings and extras don't make a difference. Ultimately both are chickpeas with oil and pita and typically a sesame element but still arguably two different dishes. Just like stromboli and pizza.

That's a reach and a half and you know it. The techniques and ingredients for stromboli and pizza are identical, save the rolling for stromboli and the inclusion of sauce for most pizzas. It's comparing gala apples to honey crisps.

The techniques and ingredients for falafel wrap and hummus with pita chips are hugely dissimilar.
Hummus isn't deepfried and falafel isn't pureed.
Falafel is made with fava bean as the main ingredient and hummus is made with chickpea as the main ingredient.
Falafel is wrapped in soft khoubz taboun and hummus with pita chips is served with stale-ass, hard, twice baked shards and Greek-style bread.

>it's comparing gala apples to honey crisp
So if this was a gala apple challenge, why are you asking if you can use honey crisp? It's still the same ingredients making two different things. Besides, falafel is more commonly made with chickpeas. And if it makes the analogy easier for you to comprehend, let's just imagine using regular pita to dip in hummus instead of chips. The point was it's the same thing just prepared differently.

Hi I will be entering with a stuffed pizza so be on the look out for that!

>trying this hard
>still wrong
lol

Hey it was your metaphor

A-are you really trying to say that bean dip + crackers = croquette sandwich + vegetables but dough + cheese & toppings ≠ dough + cheese & toppings? That's a shaky argument at best. And trust me when I tell ya I knows me some shaky arguments.

Im going to do this yonight(or tomorrow depending which od my dough recipes i use), deepdish, or ny style? Will make a 2nd one thats still pizza but different later on

Where do people keep getting vegetables from? Broken down it's still the same ingredients making two different dishes. Either way, calzones aren't pizza. Might as well enter a hot pocket.

Your argument is shakier than me, MJF and Katherine Hepburn having a picnic together on the San Andreas fault.

You're not allowed cuz a stuffed pizza is a falafel and hummus platter or something and isn't a pizza, idklol. And god help you if you include vegetables. Everyone knows there are no vegetables in pizza-wrapped falafel hummus pita stromboli from Fazoli's with a side of Tony Baloney's rigatoni. Wala!

I can assure you that deep dish will be torn to shreds

You suck at picking round themes numbaz.

I make za's for a living at a nice Italian restaurant, but I don't want to look like a fag taking a picture with an identifier and timestamp at work, so I'll probably just make one at home (if I participate).

>Your argument is shakier than me, MJF and Katherine Hepburn having a picnic together on the San Andreas fault.
nice
Shakier that two alley rats having sex on a tin roof during a hail storm?

I'm making a variation of this for the challenge. Thanks for the idea.

Shows up when I Google bunch of fags cooking pizza

Wow, we are getting some really constructive debate going here.

Fag threads get fag replies

Case in point:

You picked to pretty broad and boring suggestions in a row, what is there to discuss?
You fucked up.

So can you actually settle this pizza, stromboli, and calzone debate? Before someone flips

We get it, you have Parkinson's. That shit sucks. If it's any consolation I'm probably going to die from bloodclots at some point later in life. But the line of logic is pretty straightforward and strawmanning it to death doesn't change that.

Even if its normal t8ered not sauce top?

What is happening in this thread?

Nah, I leave shit like that up to the voters.
Do you remember the Sandwich Thread? There was some prime shit-flinging going on there, which was fostered by this image.
Shitflinging and sperging galore.

Cool, second place- thanks everyone! Pretty close call. Wasn't sure if I'll be participating this round because bed rest but I just thought of a great idea and kinda want to see it through.

DESU, I thought you were going to win when you put in your entry, but that's just how these things go.
Good on ya, my mushka.
>I hope that "mushka" isn't some fucked up Slav insult

The vigorous cut and thrust of Veeky Forums debate.

I don't speak any Slavic languages fluently, but I think 'mushka' means 'little housefly' in many East Slavic languages and is used as a term of endearment towards cute, but pestering, children by their parents.

Congrats! I thought you were gonna beat me and am surprised you didn't. Hopefully, your bed rest won't take three weeks. I'm waiting to see what entry you may concoct this time.

I have no horse in this race. I just think your argument is flimsy at best because pizza/calzone/stromboli differ only in shape. The technique and ingredients are identical. But falafel and hummus differ not only in shape but also in technique and ingredients. I think it's a poor analogy. Maybe stromboli is to pizza as... milanesa de res is to chicken-fried steak would be a better one? Same ingredients and techniques to both, but different outcome.

Also, it's not any consolation, no. I don't like to hear about people who have it bad. I wish good health for everyone. Except Albanians. Just take your warfarin and you could still live a good, full life, right? Either way, hope you can deal with it a good, long while and live life happy.

Shakier than a black bitch's bottom in a 90s rap video.

>but I think 'mushka' means 'little housefly' in many East Slavic languages and is used as a term of endearment towards cute, but pestering, children
That's fucking adorable.

Good luck with any 'za you may or may not craft, bby.

I'm not slav, it's part of a nesting doll set that was a gift. Pic related. The story as I understand it is the guy proposes to a duck and gets rejected, so he builds himself some fancy red shoes and goes to a restaurant run by animals and staffed by swanky ass waiters, probably trying to procure some rebound wenches. At the time I had just moved and started unpacking and it was the only thing small enough to fit in the timestamp photo. That's a cute term though and I'm likely to use it now.

Two months was a good run and shake-kun, your potato cake looked excellent. Just gotta try harder this month(hopefully) but I'm on bedrest until October. Broke it today and shouldn't have.

I've said it once and I'll say it again:
Fucking Adorable
>bet you could roll up a slice of pizza and shove it in the big one
>don't take that out of context

Forgot rhe time stamp, roazt me

You should've made a stromboli.

First Entry!
>woop woop
Thanks m90!

I overworked the dough making it rough to stretch, i believe it woukdvw been bad for Stromboli
Ill likely reentwr as have more dough still, this was just a test of a homemade sauce id thrown together

Looks good.

Something that not everyone knows about baking stones: they're cleanable! Yep, you can actually scrape off the burned cheese so that it doesn't smoke off and taint your taint with burned flavors and smells. Who would have guessed?

Good one

Thats actually just burnt cheese, i usually do have it clean

ah, you made more than one pizza

I did, but other was less attractive ao posted 2nd one

Well, I will try to figure out another way to "roazt" you.

I thought it was sorta obvious...

>not posting the real winner

Bought a special ingredient for my uncommon pizzamuhsauce earlier today so I should have my entry made and posted within the week.

Looking forward to seeing other entrants' unusual renditions/variations of pizza.

Well, that "joke" doesn't work as, which you would know if you had a fucking brain in your nut, last month was potatoes.
Good job, retard.
Fuck yourself and your immediate family.

that stick man is kinda hot

Interdasting. I might just try that.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Also, post pizza.
You too.
Post 'zas, damn your eyes!

>Houston, we have groceries
kek
>transform (picture of robot) and roll out
lol'd
>This is madness! Madness? This. (picture of Russel Crow) Is. Deep Dish!
OMFG!
>Now stop trying to lick the screen and go make one!
HAHa my sides!
10/10

What do I win

Gimme a name to work with.
Also, please tell us what the hell you done did made, nigga.

Can I post a picture of my dinner tonight as a bump?
I don't want to step on the thread's toes, I just want to help bump the thread.

frenchdude
Homemade paste, 1st layer is crème fraîche from Bordier, then ham slices, then potatoes, high quality raclette cheese, pancetta/coppa, and mozzarella di bufala on the top.
Then the usual spices and herbs, with a bit of msg because it does makes everything better.
For the potatoes, I slice them, pour some high quality butter on it (100g for 400g of potatoes), then put them in the over for one hour before putting them in pizza.
Pic related are potatoes right off the oven

Thanks for the entry, you damn glorious beautiful butt.

And I realised that I'd forgotten to pick up a second uncommon pizza topping ingredient yesterday I intended to include. I live in Ameriland these days so I've a barbecue to get to this afternoon (it's Labo[u]r Day here). I might pick up special ingredient #2 along the way back home or just go soon after breakfast to get it.
Also bump.

I do it often. If anyone dislikes me doing so, no one has said anything, so I would guess it's fine. Go for it.

Shame your night night juice doesn't contain cyanide so we don't have to read your faggot posts again

Thanks for the excuse to bump the thread, douche.

>admitting your thread is so shit you need excuses to bump it

Lmao pathetic

>admitting you're so butt-blasted by an OC thread that you whine like a faggot every time
Pathetic

A Labor Day Bump

OC bump. Prepping a little bit tonight, albeit at a slower than a snail's pace, assembling tomorrow. Been wanting to make 'za for a while now and finally break in my cast iron pizza pan for its intended purpose.

Definitely curious what you'll be picking up, Shake-kun.

Here's my entry for this month, wanted to enter last month but messed up my dish, twice. Oh well, this time I got a decent one. I didn't want to just make a pizza cause that's boring and unoriginal, so here are my pizza twists, a great TWIST on the pizza concept.

And of course, here is the vertical with the instructions showing how I made them, if you might want to make it yourself.

AESTHETIC
E
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

Good luck, bby.
Thanks for the entry, Snowman!
I will fondle your Snowballs if that's what you're into.
Thanks m8.5

And I'm back. Barbecue was nice. I brought sweet-and-hot soy-braised chicken drumsticks to be reheated over the flame. Stopped at the supermarket on my way back and grabbed the one missing ingredient for my entry.

You'll have to wait until Friday when I actually make my entry to see what it is. I thought I was gonna win this round easy, but now, after seeing your entry, I know I haven't a snowball's chance in hell here. Damn, that looks good AF.

fuck the whiners, numbaz. can't wait to FINALLY see some 'go 'za

Thanks for the moral support!
ILU2

>assuming that theres only one poster calling you out on your shit thread

Pafaggot

Oi!
I still love you. I was being nice.You could reply.
I've had your back from the beginning, whether I like what you do or do not.
Your work is appreciated.
Anyway, I'm drunk.

Bamp