Alright Veeky Forums...

Alright Veeky Forums, name one piece of Western literature made in the last 10 years with deeper introspection than Fruit of Grisaia.

You can't.

That's not deep. It's just a needlessly descriptive rendering of a cliche.

I bet even John Green can sprout a thought this deep, since it's obvious to anyone past teenage years and have been a part of the western canon for millenia.
3/10 made me reply

>translation

Also Fate/Stay Night is Veeky Forums material, aside from the poor translation quality.

>First route
A hero with a strange psychology and an idealism that leads to a variety of interactions.
>Second route
The hero must confront the absurdity of existence.
>Third route
The author expounds his unique vision of love, and moves beyond good vs evil.

Don't forget Tsukihime. The writing in that thing blew my mind when I was a teenager, especially the overall craziness of the Far routes. It's probably influenced me as much as the a lot of the classics have.
Still waiting 10+ years for best girl to get best route as well.

playing VNs is such a fucking hassle, especially when they need patched

>Fruit of Grisaia
Fucking pleb.

The House In Fata Morgana is the only visual novel that can be compared to western literature. The amount of passion and care put into writing and making Fata Morgana is without parallel in visual novels.

Forgot to add image

user I couldn't name one piece of Western literature made in the last 10 years.

>The House In Fata Morgana
convince me to spend 30 hours of my time in front of this.
(please convince me, my life isn't that cool)

Hedonism.

Read Kizuato. It's originally an older work (1996) than Tsukihime and Nasu ripped it off when he wrote Far Side routes.

If any visual novel could be said to be life changing, it is The House In Fata Morgana. It's 30 hours of a visual novel masterpiece that you wish would never end. It's an expansive tale of despair that explores human nature. I read through this novel when I was in a pretty bad place mentally, and in life, and it really helped me out--so it will always hold a special place in my heart.

>vanillaplebs will never discover real life-shattering literature and indulge in their manchild SOL instead

good enough, I'll play it.

Yeah but can I play as myself

I don't wanna be cucked by some other character's romance bullshit

You won't regret it. I wish I could play it again for the first time. The first act is kinda slow, and has the worst soundtrack, but it really goes off the rails in act 2.

No, but I think you'll find that the protagonist is very Veeky Forums.

>the protagonist is very Veeky Forums
That just makes things worse.

Is it a choice-based vn or is it just a shittier book?

Are you the alternative canon guy from a previous thread? Wheter or not, rec me some non vanilla pleb VN please

Yes I am. The one strength of VN is how utterly unhinged they can be.

Play Kikokugai The Cyber Slayer (the 2002 version not the censored remake). Very short, amazing translation, weird distopian atmosphere, themes about the act of destroying beauty and a weird blend of introspection, stupid martial arts and sex.

There are choices. You can die if you're not careful, and there are choices that influence obtaining important information.

I didn't mean Veeky Forums in a bad way.

Okay, so weird-looking lesbians aside, what's the main hook of this vn? Why should I play it over, say, 's /d/ simulator?

sure sounds nice. While I'm at it might as well fulfill my autism - anything else? even the things you don't say to keep your esoteric knowledge of it.

>d simulator
looks like someone didn't make it throught the second half and to the true ending
ever17 man but that's a serious investment of time

I meant it as a good thing.

meant forI know, no bad blood. It's amazing how it subverts the disgusting shit of the common route at the end. better than Bataille desu

cool thx (again).

Fuck off back to /jp/. Fucking weebs.

That's actually a guy, he just looks weird in that image. If you like gothic literature you'll like this vn a lot. It explores a lot of similar themes in a deep and refreshing way. I've tried to find a vn that's as good as this one, and it just doesn't exist.
All of the characters feel real, and you genuinely feel bad for their tragic circumstances and dark manifestations of human nature. It's also a story that does away with the plebeain notion of a "villian", because the villain is the character you feel the most for.

look at this faggot ass-blasted by the new shift of literature

>That's actually a guy
Why didn't you say so sooner.
>does away with
Nah, everything's already been done away with.

Definitely gonna be the kinda thing I check out when I want to play a vn that isn't KShit though.

This is your VN for tonight Veeky Forums

Overrated. I liked it, though--probably because I'm a sucker for well written time travel storirs.

More cliche. Why don't writers understand that they should stop rehashing done-to-death forms of empathy? I'm only able to have feels for characters with original psychologies, like Emiya Shirou or Kotomine Kirei.

i watched the anime and it was dogshit

>inb4 this thread gets deleted again while /pol/shit remains untouched.

why are Veeky Forums mods so out of touch with chan culture?

He's really not cliche. He seems like it in that image, but it's a lot more complex than that. That cliched empathy of one who has grand illusions of love is what leads to his downfall when the illusion is shattered. There's also a reason why he's like that, but to say why would be a massive spoiler.

steins;gate will always be my favourite VN. Even if you didn't like the anime, the VN is pretty damn Veeky Forums, even with pseudo-Veeky Forums themes

Who /seacats/ here?

Ryukishis prose isn't that great and his work has some pacing issues, but he does do good character studies.

>Implying /pol/ shit isn't part of Chan culture

Diversity is our strength.