Have to do a 2000 word count essay

>have to do a 2000 word count essay
>mfw I have way too much to talk about to condense into 2000 words

what do Veeky Forums?

Write in Mandarin.

try harder

The true master shows his skill with succinctness and brevity

this, OP is a brainlet

Remove the points that are filler and non-essential, reformulate long sentences into a shorter format. Since it is 2000 words the essay can't be important anyway.

ok
I don't write, I'm in STEM because I hate writing
>tfw it's worth 30% of my grade

Thats nothing. I have a 100 word essay due in 2 weeks.

What field exactly? IT I presume. Look at the course description and make sure that you write about all the key learning criteria, which are required to pass the course. Keep arguments short or use formulas and references instead. Don't go on tangents. It is STEM not literary science, they won't grade you for well structured sentences.

>had to submit a 1200 word draft prior to a 1500 word final essay
>write 1300 words in 3 hours
>submit to my peer reviewer
>he send me his
>it's 600 words
>he's an english major

Why the fuck would you be an english major if you can't fucking write reeeee

No this is for a gen ed, a history paper on the Feminine Mystique

>STEM major knows a lot, too much even, about attractive women
Color me surprised

what?

>Feminine Mystique
STEM student has to write about second wave feminism. Please don't tell me you study in clapistan. It would only degrade my view of them even more.

Yeah, unfortunately, I do. My history professor is shit, he's nice but his class is a fucking joke. My stupid uni forces engineering majors to take a history class, so I'm stuck doing this stupid shit.

If you've done enough research consider focusing the essay on something more specific within the topic that way you can demonstrate that you've researched in depth and wont have to strip away from your argumentation to express everything. In terms of picking what to focus on go with a balance of what you're interested in, where your expertise is and what uses the best sources (factoring in what parts of the topic interests your assessor never hurts too)

Yeah, I'll do that, but this meme class won't let me cite anything that isn't from the book, lmao

kek

use 8pt font

Write every idea within a single paragraph

divide 2000 by total paragraph count, that's your word limit per idea.

You can use a pondering system to give more words to certain ideas.

Yikes only allowing you to draw on certain sources seems suspect but I've never written anything on history is that the norm?

perfect

Brevity is the soul of wit.

If you can't be brief, you can't be smart.

Learn to be concise or find some other outlet for 10,000 words outside of fucking classes

Listen to Bizet's Carmen and you won't feel so bad about repetition anymore

leave out unnecessary. hypenate wherever possible. don't put spaces before and after commas, that's a lawyer's trick to increase word count.

he chose the right words. you didn't.