What are some essential psychology books?

What are some essential psychology books?

You don't need books to understand the mentality and minds of people. Take the redpill and see what women and men's true natures are

Sex and character

Psychology, especially modern psychology, is absolute trash. Science is cancer.

ecrits

Psychology of the Masses
Denial of Death
Civilization and its discontents

I'll go with Steven Pinker's "How the mind works", and textbooks on personality, cognitive biases and so on
If political science is interesting to you I suggest "Our political nature", "Predisposed" and "The righteous mind". Though I am still figuring out which of these three books is right.

You could also look for Scott Barry Kaufman, Dan O'Reily and Daniel Kahneman

You sound like a real expert on the matter lol

>Not starting with Freud and working your way up.

That is not enough. Social constructs, respect for them, laziness and so forth. Too wide an array for strategies. Women have fewer strategies. Main reason they may seem simple.

I'd add Erich Fromm to that - either The Sane Society or The Art Of Loving

Fromm and that other user's list are very far removed from modern psychology, they're closer to interpretative philosophy than the current number-crunching

Freud is not scientific

>implying that the current field running non-reproducible research with 10 WEIRD university students is more scientific

Essentially all Western philosophy since Descartes, after Science had cuckolded philosophy to only address the human.

Read 'How to think straight about psychology'

Maybe not, but it is a better start. At least stuff nowadays is being tested

>science is good because muh feelies

You Are Not So Smart
and
You Can Beat Your Brain
both by David McRaney

give me the redpill user i am ready

Read everything by Freud, then everything by Lacan and listen to his lectures. Then you can read Zizek assuming you have allready read Hegel. Of course, you should start with the greeks if you haven't allready.

In a couple of years you be laughed off just as people who suggest to read about phrenology would be laughed at in the current year

>MUH
>PSY
>ANTS

A-are you six? Or just foreign? Learn to speak proper American, motherfucker.

The best psychology book has no words, and is printed on blotter paper.

If you are referring to the use of "laughed off" I was being creative
If there was something else you didn't like I hold the belief that there is no correct language - up to a point

When you read about the study of linguistics you'll start to understand that correct language hardly exist

The proper American of today will most likely look foreign to the proper American of the future

ass

with love from /s4s/

probably a freshman level psychology textbook

START WITH THE GERMANS

W U N D T