Veeky Forums, I need your help. My idiot dog ripped up two books I left on my desk while I was at work...

Veeky Forums, I need your help. My idiot dog ripped up two books I left on my desk while I was at work, one of which I wasn't finished reading yet.

What's a proper punishment for this behavior? I need him to learn that this is NOT okay.

Yeats and Blackwood?

>and nothing of value was lost.

Don't let him lick your cunt anymore. That's what I do.

He did you a favour.

TFW your dog has better taste in lit.

>What's a proper punishment for this behavior? I need him to learn that this is NOT okay.- 5 posts and 3 image replies shown.
Shoot him, obviously.

Garfield is clearly a cat, not a dog

Shred one of his toys of whatever you consider to be equal value to him. An eye for an eye.

Or forgive him because he knows not what he does and put your books away next time.

fucken kek

Kick him in the ribs. That's what I do to my dog and he still loves me

kill the dog

Yeats is GOAT my man

What the fuck.

Unless you catch a dog in the act or immediately after the act there is no way for the animal to associate their past actions. There is not a way to Pavlov a dog without the time between actions being minuscule.

Be a better pet owner and dont put shit in his reach. Oh and feed the thing and give him toys to play with instead of spending your money on physical copies of books you shit.

He's already forgotten what he did. Any punishment at this point would be pointless. If you don't know this you shouldn't have a dog you fucking monkey.

That said, Rubbing his face in it and putting some bass in your voice and saying "NO." With the tone of a bark is all the punishment any dog should ever need. If that doesn't work, it's because your dog doesn't respect you.

punish yourself for leaving your books where your dog could reach them.

wave the books around and shove them in his face like a crazy man. try force feed him some of the rest of the book. get real emotional and over the top. stick a finger in your dog while rubbing the book over his snout. you want him to remember this. trauma memories will keep him away from your books. but should u ever want to get him back into reading its gon b harrd.

make a few cuts on his paw pads

the same way you would discipline any other dog you FUCKING moron. but by now you've already missed the opportunity

kek'd at last sentence

I live in fear that one day my goats will find a way inside and eat my library. I've seen them open doors before, I only lock it at night so they can't get in.
I've seen them eat a magazine before, god only knows what they would do to my poetry collection.
pic related, the cunts that live in my yard.

>it_is_said_Chrysippus_died_of_laughter_faceapp.jpg

>the look in those bestial eyes
You can see they crave blood or, barring that, some typographic ink.

I JACKED OFF MY GRANDFATHERS DOG AFTER I WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED. IM NOT SURE HOW TO BRING THIS UP WITH MY THERAPIST.

hello goato

As for a punishment, make him listen as OP reads it out loud.

Similar experience, the family dog still loves me way too much when I come home to visit.

Eat him.

Would be a cunt move to wait this long to punish him honestly. If you're gonna do something about it, you would've had to right after it happened. If you don't catch him in the act and get mad then it is basically a waste of time. Would recommend keeping your books out of dogs reach in the future, and not being a meanie to your pooch.

Dogs learn through reward, not punishment. Buy him a bible.

Bring home a copy of Old Yeller, and look deep into his eyes when you put in your desk

give him to a shelter and get a nice smaller dog that'll teach him

good post, made me genuinely laugh like a lord of the manor

I'm posting this on reddit right now

You simply need to drench all of your books in Bitter Apple. The problem will then work itself out