Guys, i need your help. I just fucking realized that the reason i always had complications with maths was because

Guys, i need your help. I just fucking realized that the reason i always had complications with maths was because

1. My primary school yeas were in some alternative social-constructivist shithole (they didnt help me develop my logical reasoning properly)

2. My country's school's way of teaching math is pretty mechanical and "chug and plug" (i.e not flexible for problems outside the ones taught in school)

Do you know of any honest, based books for kiddies on proportions, equation systems and classical problems ? Preferably by asian countries but anything goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"basic mathematics" by lang gets a lot of hype

Are you sure you're not just stupid? You sound pretty stupid.

what a fucking asswipe you are
kys

he's right, OP sounds stupid. Extremely fucking dumb. Math isn't difficult, just fucking do your homework and read the textbook. That's it, there is nothing special about all maths going up to the graduate level. Its completely rote learning, drilling, nothing else. If they can't admit they were lazy or didn't like the classroom environment and resented homework, they're dumb. I stopped doing well in Math because I refused to do the work, so I learned nothing, low conscientiousness if we're being specific here. I'm not going to pretend that math is so sensitive a subject to learn that it can't be picked up in awful schooling conditions. It absolutely can.

easy to say when you haven't been raised by cult members

if you have an excuse for everything, then fuck off and enjoy the rest of your life as a brainlet

You should take a look at resources online, Khan academy is great for basic things like proportions, linear systems, all the way to Calc III.

That being said, it is possible you're just being a bitch and excusing yourself by not putting time into the subject. Math doesn't come easy, it's problems on problems on on problems.

>huur duuur DOO THE HUMWERK

You guys realise i didnt have the opportunity to have help for all the subjects i wanted 24/7. What about the doubts i had at exercises ? Yeah, no help at all.

You should stop insulting people that dont have your logical reasoning type and just help...Because, you know...You dont know about my life

You know what else is easy ? Not being a social loser, oh wait, you just struggle with it everyday, as i see in your autistic fit post here.

So, if you cant help me, fuck off.

And yes, i had a part in all of this. I wont play victim, i was just really frustrated i didnt get interesting enough material.

Yes, i also played a YUGE role on not being proeficient on math like i said in .

I was always kind of a proud, stubborn type. Mainly cause my family hyped the shit out of me since always just because i was a bit more curious than average.

So, dont get your jammies on a twist, i just made a frustrated bitch post, i didnt insult your religion, m8.

No, you had complications with math because you didn't actually take your time with it. The reason I know this is because the reason you list are completely nonsense.

That said if you wish to (re)learn math, as another poster posted already, Khan Academy is a great resource and I can promise that IF you take your time you can learn to solve mathematical problems at a high level.

On a second thought, you right, user. Forget what i said on OP, i just sound stupid when im on lazy bones mode. Let me try to explain it better :

>normally, i can get by most problems on proportions

>the problems presented on khan academy are very similar to the ones i saw at school

But, still, there were a couple of problems on proportions that i had so much difficult with that i started to think i was just trained to do chug and plug problems without ACTUALLY understanding the notion of proportions, you get it ?

Also, the thing with proportion applies to many other subjects on my education.

And thats why i started searching for book recommendations that actually try to trasmit the ideas of the subject here on Veeky Forums.

I just got the feeling i was being taught FORMULAS all along and not having the grasp of the thing, you know.

Principles of Mathematics by Oakley. Read it.
I went from failing pre-calc to getting a 3.8 at Berkeley, in pure Maths. I spent 3 years at a CC, though. It's likely not you.

Delusional brainlets who have never been to a truly shit K-12 detected.

>Speed Mathematics Simplified (Dover Books on Mathematics) by Edward Stoddard
Great book especially if you try to understand why the alternative approaches work. Speedy arithmetic isn't necessary for anything but for many people, being slow causes them to have self confidence problems in later math. Quiz random normies on arithmetic, feel good about yourself, and move on.
>Elements of Algebra by Euler
Best Algebra 1 book ever written, it shows how solutions to problems are really found.
>Book of Proof by Hammack (people.vcu.edu/~rhammack/BookOfProof/)
Learning the language mathematics really makes math a whole lot easier
>Algebra by Gelfand and Shen
>Functions and Graphs by Gelfand, Glagoleva, and Shnol
>The Method of Coordinates by Gelfand, Glagoleva, and Kirillov
>Trigonometry by Gelfand and Saul
Anti-"chug and plug" books with problems that can be solve only if you understand the material.
>Basic Mathematics by Lang
Checking the boxes of the math you need to know before college level calculus.

Yeah, no. Elements has completely outdated notations and a number of faulty proofs.

Thank you. If you have any material specifically on proportions, ratios and classical problems to indicate that have any free pdfs around, i would be eternally grateful.

that has*

enjoy the rest of your life as an asswipe

>proportions, ratios and classical problems

Nobody bothers with that shit anymore.

Step 1. Never post Vsauce again