I figured out a super easy formula to find all prime numbers, and have a simple proof

I figured out a super easy formula to find all prime numbers, and have a simple proof.
It’s like Pythagorean theorem level of easy. A kid in high school algebra could plug and chug this shit.
Am I too late? For some reason I was told there’s not a provable formula for this, but I really honestly can’t be the first person to figure this out.
Anyone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

compoasso.free.fr/primelistweb/page/prime/liste_online_en.php
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_for_primes#Formula_based_on_Wilson's_theorem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You might be wrong.

You are most likely wrong in your proof. Having said that, I would formalize it and write a paper and do all I can to protect it against theft if I were absolutely certain that the proof was right.
It would be a very strange feeling knowing that someone on Veeky Forums solved the primes, that’s for sure.

I don’t want to be known. What if I just posted here?
I don’t want money. I don’t want fame. I think those things would make me prideful.
I’ll die one day like anyone else
>captcha: service calle

I you happen to be right you will make the Forbes list that’s for sure

No known formula yields ALL prime numbers and ONLY prime numbers.
If you're right you've bested the greatest mathematicians in history.

Try checking formula against a few hundred on this list. compoasso.free.fr/primelistweb/page/prime/liste_online_en.php
If you're right in EVERY case, see a mathematician. Even a high school teacher will do.

In that case use the formula to destroy any encryption you can find, but your formula is wrong anyways.

So OP where is this formula?You are not lying on an anonymous imageboard,are you?

Come on dude post it.

ax + b squared over 2a

Wouldn't destroy all encryption.
Finding the prime factors of a large compound number would be speeded up somewhat, but it wouldn't be fatal. They'd simply use more digits to slow you again. Or switch to elliptical integrals.

Odds he's right though are approx. 1 in 76,674,889,223,472,678,347 to the 564,123

This formula yields all prime numbers and only prime numbers:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_for_primes#Formula_based_on_Wilson's_theorem

Please don't make shit up if you are going to post on the science board.

That formula checks to see if a number is prime. You must plug the number in question into the formula to return true or false, so that is simply just sequentially checking every number to see if it's prime. Sieving is much more efficient.

Seiving is not a formula.

He is right though, technicly there do exist formulas, they are so complicated that you could never efficiently use them though

Sure it is. The sieving process can be written as a lambda calculus term quite happily, which is a function definition as much as f(x) = 3x+1 is.

Then there is a formula which produces all primes and only primes. QED.

Indeed there is. I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that there isn't.

whats the complexity class of your formula to do a primality test? Is it better than current ones?

You dont even have to reveal your algorithm to prove its correctness
test it out on these inputs
Is x prime? What is the next prime p > x
x = 10! + 1
x = 100! - 1
x = 2^127 + 1
x = 2^127 - 1
x = 2^(2^127 - 1) -1
factor the google RSA certificate

>protect it against theft
found the paranoid schizo

I don't get this thread, finding primes is piss easy. What has op accomplished? Formulae aren't always computable in constant time

[math]ax+b^2/2[/math]
This?

Here's the simple prime formula.

For each number i, check if any i modulus j = 0 (where j is

>i/2

10/10 big chuckle