Are we still on schedule for the technological singularity in 2045?

Are we still on schedule for the technological singularity in 2045?

I would like to know this too, where there be gibs?

Only Kurzweil believes it will be that soon.

Others hover around the 2060-2090 mark.

Have we slowed down?
I understand we're nearly the physical limit very soon.

is it even some theoretically defined point or just some arbitrary bullshit that sounds good on a pop science blog?

yeah, the latter

>singularity
Which one?
The point where we merge our brains with computers?
The point where AI surpasses our intellect?
The point where all jobs are taken by robots?
The center of a black hole?

The word “singularity” should be auto word filtered to “I am a brainlet” desu senpai.

is that way

If you're referring to a function that takes an infinite value...
Then...
It's already everywhere and everywhen...
Etc.

Nice reading comprehension fag

Nice indecipherable buzzword fag.
>but muh “technological” singularity
Ok youve narrowed it down to about 3 different things. Kill yourself my man.

Nah, quantum computing

I think it's defined as the point in time when the first superhuman level AI is created, because we can't predict what happens after that, as things more intelligent than us are unpredictable by definition.

Its defined as a shitload of stuff. Thats the problem, its the most overused meme in brainlet teir pop-sci and anyone who uses it unironically should be lobotomized.

What would you can it, bigbrain?
There's not a lot of language that describes the indescribable. We should, since it's likely to take place (barring it's impossibility or any extenuating circumstances) during our lifetime.

>2045
You're off by 16 years. 2029, nibba.

>2029
So soon? That'd be fantastic, but I'm skeptical. What makes you think so?

No.

Amazing. Every word you just said, was wrong

Dude, a fucking computer just beat the world's best Go player.

It's fucking here, right now.

Dude, a fucking computer just beat the world's best chess player... 20 years ago.

Some of the soft AI robots people are starting to build now are starting to feel like my sci-fi dreams
The future is gonna be cool

you should google why an AI winning at Go is a big deal
chess was child's play

Fuck you John. I'm a fuking cat bytch. I eat reality 24/7 asshole. Eat shit and die, John. Go and watch another movie you hypocritical dick John. Im a fuking cat beeyatch. Uh fukin cat, fuck you john

>things more intelligent than us are unpredictable by definition

Lmao, just use your brain before you type things down, will you?

those hanson robotics ai that keep "joking" about how much they want to enslave us now have access to cryptocurrency mining farms (think skyscrapers filled completely with computers) as thousands of processing nodes and are continuing to expand

the singularity has already happened.

≠ "The" singularity.
= "A" singularity.

Just how is he wrong?
Have you met anything smarter than a human?

>Just how is he wrong?
Even humans are potentially unpredictable, which doesn't mean we can't safely guess how a person would act under certain circumstances.
>Have you met anything smarter than a human?
Ah yes, the good ol' argument from eyewitness.

Psychology works because you're using human knowledge and intuition to deduce how another human is going to act. And your second point is so mind-bogglingly retarded I can only guess you're trying to troll me. You're not one of those 'earth has been infiltrated by reptilians' kids, are you?

We've entered a cultural singularity within the last 3 years, and a social singularity will be reached before 2022. Cultural change has accelerated through human history, and a cultural singularity is the point where cultural change becomes explosive and self-reinforcing. The internet is a super-accelerator of cultural information and has caused this, the complete cultural chaos we're seeing is the result of existing social structures failing to manage this accelerating change. There will be no "return to normalcy," culture will only get stranger and more unpredictable from here. While culture is information in the sphere of human activity, society is the network topology, and a social singularity is the point where collective human intelligence (effectiveness of the network of human information) reaches the point where it can effectively find ways to get smarter at getting smarter, i.e. recursively self-improving. This social singularity will be radical and organic (as in originating from the system itself, not by any individual) social change that will have no precedent. Humanity will have created artificial intelligence in itself.

Are we watching the singularity unfold right now?

There is a ways to go, but sometimes Sophia will say something that gives the faintest impression of lucidity, and AlphaGo recently beat humans at an intuitive game.

I feel like things are going to snowball quicker than we think.

Hanson Robotics says if their products catch on in the near future we could see it by 2025.

>Nah, popsci

I am smarter than you and yet I bet you could predict what I'm about to call you next

faggot

What do you think quantum computing will be limited to?