Are steak and cheese pies a thing outside New Zealand? Pic related...

Are steak and cheese pies a thing outside New Zealand? Pic related, a steak and cheese pie you can buy at McDonalds in New Zealand.

Yes.

Now go away and learn to pies.

Unless it's decent steak, mince and cheese is far superior.
Top it off with some Watties sauce and Walla.

mince and cheese is for babies and girls, steak and pepper is for real men

Call me babby gurl then, I love mince and cheese.

Right on cunt.

Yeh in Aussie bakeries it is thing

Come steal our jobs mate

Real men eat steak and kidney and if that's unavailable I'll have a Mrs Mac's Chili Beef and Cheese.
If it's not Mrs Mac's, take it back.

You mean come do your jobs at a faster pace with higher results, no compo claims and less sickies?

Take it easy bro just havin a laugh.

Anzacs forever

Me too, I'm an Aussie but you were too smart for my bait.
I don't know own what kiwis call compo, sickies etc.

Too fucking right, mate

I work with a few kiwis, I love having a dig at them but I can't say anything really bad about them,

OH SWIT ES CUZZY BRO

What did xhe mean by this?

>pie you can buy at McDonalds in New Zealand
They sell pies in McDonalds?
That doesn't seem right

Gregg's steak and cheese bakes are the one.

McDonald's bought out a pie restaurant 20 something years ago, due to popular demand McDonalds re-released their most popular pie.
I mean, you can get McDonald's variations of local "cuisine" all year around..

There used to be an old Irish lady at the local farmer's market who sold meat pies, I'd stock up and freeze the surplus. Now I can only really get my hands on Trader Joe's frozen steak and ale pies, which are pretty great considering. Visiting Australia/NZ taught me to put ketchup on the pie.

>What did xhe mean by this?

My Kiwi to English is a bit rusty, so I'll have to translate it to Australian first

>OH SWIT ES CUZZY BRO
>FUCKING CHOICE AS YA FUCKING CUNT MATE
Ok yeah I see it now
>That's very great my close friend

Long live Georgie Pie.

Ok, I thought xhe was saying "oh shit it's crazy, bro"

>you can get McDonald's variations of local "cuisine" all year around..

The fuck ins wrong with Australian McDonalds then?
The only Aussie thing I can think of that they've ever released was the McOz burger.
And why don't we get pies? Isn't it the Aussie thing to do, to have meat pie at a footy game?

Yeah, can't even get a fucking McBeer.

Lamington or Timtam McFlurry would work but not McVegemite

>Visiting Australia/NZ taught me to put ketchup on the pie.

No fucking Australian puts "ketchup" on their pies. Well maby lebs and poofters. And I don't know about those sheep fuckers across the ditch.

But real Aussies put tomato SAUCE on their pies, not this Seppo ketchup bullshit!

>Lamington or Timtam McFlurry
Jesus fucking Christ, someone call Maccas right fucking now!

South Africa says Australia are the sheep fuckers, what did you clowns do to piss them off?

I don't know, probably beat them in Rugby.

McFlurry's are shit now. They don't even mix it up anymore. They just dump the oreo dust onto plain ice cream.

>timtam mcflurry
nigga i think your on to something

Ofc here in south africa we have them. we invented the modern meat pies, and popularized eating them with tomato sauce.

They're south Africans, who gives a fuck.

Everyone from the irrelevant former-English colonies is perma-butthurt that they're not the US, Canada, or Australia

You should hear South Africans freaking out over Froome not speaking in a "proper" South African accent, they genuinely believe it's a reptoid conspiracy

>we wuz

We still call sickies as such but our worker's compensation is called ACC.

if any of you could ask your grand mother a question for me i would be much obliged.

My garndma used to bake chicken pies. I recall he boiling the chicken so long that the bones it self could be shredded. Do i miss remember? My mum and grandma have passed on and cant seem to find anything similar on the net.

(no the didnt both die from chocking on chicken bones in their pie)

I don't have any alive grandmothers but if you get yourself a pressure cooker you could easily cook chicken bones to the point they would shred. You could do it in a pot too but you'd need a lot more time and have to keep topping up the water.

i have one. will try it out. maybe add some vinegar to the water to speed up the softening

Objectively the best mass produced pie and It's made in fucking Aussie.

From mcdonalds? Thats fucked cunt. Kiwis are so fucked up I swear to Tony mate

You sound super jelly.

South Africans are all arrogant, autistic, unbearable fuckwits in real life, especially the older ones

Yes, you can cook chicken so long that the bones themselves fall apart. I have done it in a pressure cooker while experimenting with making stock. However I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to do that. The cooking time is so long that you will have cooked away most of the flavor LONG before the bones get that soft. Also, when the bones are that soft, you end up with little gritty bits in your stock/soup that give it an unpleasant texture. You could filter them out with either an extremely fine mesh strainer or with cheesecloth, but why bother? The flavor is already screwed.

Best you can do is simply simmer (NOT a full on boil!) the chicken until it is fully tender and easily pulls from the bones. Depending on the chicken that normally takes around an hour, maybe a little more. Going beyond that is only hurting the flavor of what you make.

It's highly unlikely that Grandma actually cooked the chicken long enough for the bones to fall apart anyway. That takes a very long time, even with a pressure cooker. My guess is that user is mis-remembering and she simply boiled it long enough for the meat to be super tender.

Sure mate when you've eaten nothing but bakery pies made by gooks all your loife you cant begin to imagine how shit a maccas one must be

Tob keg

its almost as if they carry a hate around towards all the western nations that sanctioned their country into the ground and help turned it into an african shithole.

They shouldn't have been racist cunts then

chicken under high preasure just came out, 30 minutes, and its just the right tenderness to make a very fine textured pie filling. used some cracked pimento bay leaf and a stock cube in the water. tastes good so far.