What is probably the healthiest diet...

What is probably the healthiest diet? It seems like there are benefits and problems with eating meat and not eating meat.

Other urls found in this thread:

americangut.org/our-results-so-far/
tim-spector.co.uk/the-diet-myth/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

eating whatever your mom cooks for you

high fiber food, only meat sources coming from fish or poultry, and a bottle of vodka at night to put you to sleep.

>t seems like there are benefits and problems with eating meat and not eating meat
Yes, respectively.

Eat whatever the fuck you want. Just:
>Don't eat the same thing every day
>Eat once a day

>>Don't eat the same thing every day
What about complete foods like plenny shake or schmilk? Or soylent

bugs

This, minus the vodka. There are more problems that occur when one abstains from meat than there are benefits, but the meat most people eat is produced incredibly poorly. Most people also eat too much of it alongside diets of soda and bread. The healthiest diet ultimately will depend on the individual, but generalized advice is effective: don't eat like total shit, avoid cow where you can, eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day, opt for high-fiber carbs, and absolutely avoid soda.

>soylent
Don't do this to your body

>minus the vodka
Sleep is essential to your health. Vodka is the cheapest way to go to sleep.

actual cuts of pork are actually the healthiest and safest meat. A pork chop for example is extremely safe and healthy. Fish has lots of potential pollutants. Beef is all around terrible for you. Chicken needs to be cooked well. Deli cuts/anything processed is terrible for you and you should never eat it.

Overall, cuts of pork and well cooked chicken breasts are perfectly okay. Fish is a wild card and you need to find shit that has no pollutants, and good luck with that.

Mediterranean diet.

Soylent is not food, it's a shit gimmick

Nutrition "science" is a fucking joke. Putting together a "replacement" food based on nutrition science is like asking someone on /r9k/ how to please a woman sexually. Historically speaking, nutrition science performs worse than fold wisdom does, a sure sign that it's not real science.

Furthermore, most nutritionists worth their salt wouldn't even recommend that shit. We know there are thousands of compounds in fruits, vegetables and spices that play an important role in the human body but don't have an RDA.

Another thing we know is that modern western diets are shit. So eat some other way. Stay away from processed shit, eat whole foods. As annoying as the Paleo people are you could do a lot worse than eating like them desu

*performs worse than folk wisdom does

pork is shit tier meat

I follow a vegan diet just because of the amount of pollutants and garbage that go into meat and animal products these days, and I'm too poor to afford the high quality stuff.

Look up Tim Spector, prof of Genetics. The consensus these days is the 'healthiest' diet is one which feeds your gut bacteria, so a pre-biotic diet consisting of leeks and other grean leafy veg, and occasional meat so you get your vitamin B.

Spector wrote a good book on this you can read by downloading it on libgen.io for free. He tried to become vegetarian but discovered vitamin supplements are pure marketing garbage, so had to take a vitamin B injection, so he decided to eat a rare steak every month instead of getting injections.

There's a few open studies they're doing right now like this one: americangut.org/our-results-so-far/

And his book: tim-spector.co.uk/the-diet-myth/ (use libgen). He also shills for a fasting diet where Mon to Fri you eat whatever you want then don't eat on the weekends once in a while to give your gut microbes a break (where they reproduce).

alcohol poisoning is not sleep, friendo

Booze and Steak.

Just water and a shit ton of supplements.

>modern western diets
What are these then? Basically every day I eat [potatoes|rice|pasta] with meat and vegetables, add to that some fruit, bread, cheese, occasionally fish, etc..
Isn't that a modern western diet?

Modern western diet is usually used to indicate a diet with large amounts of processed food, food with added sugar, red meats etc.

For instance you listed potatoes and rice. If you are getting whole potatoes and cooking them, or making your own rice this is fine. If you buy french fries from McDonald's that is processed.

there is virtually nothing wrong with any common food besides excessive sugar

Eat a well rounded diet, limit dietary sugar (especially in beverages). Work out on at least a semi-regular schedule. When I say well rounded, I mean a good mix of complex carbs (whole grains and a mix of them), proteins (I recommend mixing animal and plant sources), and fats (mostly different oils and polyunsaturated fat sources like omega-3; my favorite is flaxseed oil for frying). This isn't a be-all end all, feel free to give yourself some "cheat foods", as well. For me, it's things like butter and sweet snacks like cookies, but everyone should choose what their favorites are. Everything in moderation.

Shut the fuck up, soylent goy

vitamin pills with ketchup.

eliminate dairy and refined sugar. keep red meat to a minimum, or better yet only eat fish/poultry. eat a shitload of raw vegetables, and some fruit/nuts. the key is eating lots of vegetables.

>There are more problems that occur when one abstains from meat
this. vitamin b12 deficiency can wreck havoc on your mental health if it gets severe enough. you'd be surprised how quickly you drown in your self hate and start having suicide fantasies

Veeky Forums

What should i eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I don't care if i eat the same thing everyday

>Putting together a "replacement" food based on nutrition science is like asking someone on /r9k/ how to please a woman sexually.

Fish
Milk and protein powder
Lots of fiber
Green vegetables
Maybe olive oil, Avocado
Multivitamins

You can eat whatever you want, but the ones above should be the majority. You can substitute milk, avocado and multivitamins for other things.

Use whatever garnishes you want.

Like everyone else in this thread I'm not a dietician/doctor, but I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years, have always been pretty healthy. I was a wrestler for over 10 and now I like running and cycling.

IMO the healthiest diet would be highly varied, very low in processed foods, and very low in high-fat meats (but with lean meat/fish present). The best athletes and healthest people I know eat this way. Paleo people are usually retarded, especially because it's almost impossible to buy food today that in any way resembles what exists in nature, but it's definitely better to get as natural as possible. Our bodies didn't evolve to eat 150g of sugar, pounds of fatty red meat, and other shit every day. It evolved to eat a variety of whatever roots, plants, fruit/berries we could collect along with whatever fish, bird, or lean meat we could catch. A wild rabbit or deer is totally different than a gigantic hormone-injected cow that sits in a cage and sucks down corn all day.

What other people () said about b12 deficiency is real. You can get it from vegeterian animal products but it's hard, and you can't get it as a vegan. So I take b12 and omega3 supplements. If I were to eat fish, I'd probably be healthier and wouldn't need to take these.

It's also important to cook for yourself using raw ingredients. Anything you eat at a restaurant is going to be smothered in butter, and anything you buy prepackaged will be full of sugar and fat - the economic success of these places is contingent on you getting immediately addicted to the food.

Final note: think about eating a varied diet as heding your bets. Even if in 200 years we learn that there IS a highly specific diet we can eat for optimal health, the likelihood of fad diets/"superfoods" etc getting close are basically zero. Whereas if you eat a variety of close to natural food, you'll never be too far off. Plus it's just more fun and exciting than eating some b.s. hipster placebo smoothie every day.

Nuteition science is a joke
I am 500lbs because my doctor TOLD ME to fucking eat a decent amount of

1. Carbs
2. Chicken
3. Fish

Ended up eating fucking bowls of fortified cereal for breakfast, some healthy but high calorie chicken salads for lunch and 2 or 3 salmon steaks for dinner, then had to have some candy because I wasn't full

Nutritionists don't understand SATIETY. The most important part of nutrition. I can drink a half quart of cream and this fills me up more than an entire day of 'healthy' fish and chicken and cereal, but the problem is my addictive personality, so now I eat the same way but I sprinkle a sugar//cream//egg white//crumbled chip and salsa mixture on everything and I am fatter than ever. If the fucking nutritionist who is to blame for this had understood that I have a fertile microbiome he might have reccommended I eat something filling to begin with.

fuck nutrtionists.

You are an absolute MORON if you take multivitamins.

Humans and all animals in general are meant to get nutrients sparingly.

Overloading your body with 100%-1000% of every vitamin every single day cannot be good.

Source?

Hahaha you'll die of a heart attack while blaming nutritionists who just follow basr practices and claiming that it's not uour own responsibility since
>muh addictive personality

Hahahhahaha
>if you know so well why don't you fix yourself ?

1. Fish/Nuts/Avocado and other sources of unsaturated fats cut the saturated fats to the minimum while keeping that balance between omega 3 and 6
2. Vegetables and fruits(everyday and different kind)
3.Low GI carbs(cut the high GI to the minimum)
4.Water/Green tea (can have black tea and coffee but not too much)
5.Moderate alcohol consumption(about one glass of vine a day)
6.Supplements(this really depends on your genetics/age/overall health condition, but anyway you need to take some sups if you wanna stay healthy and live long)
7.Exercise everyday at least 30 minutes
8.Science/reading/meditation/arts (have to keep your mind active always forever and ever)
9.Don't stress, be happy, have friends, have a girlfriend, have sex and know how to relax
10.Check with your doctor regularly

That's about it

and yeah cut down on calories in general

Fat soluble vitamins (a e d k) can be toxic when overdosed

A quick search returns that the tolerable upper intake for vitamin E for the average human is 1000mg. I have a multivitamin bottle here and the amount of vitamin E per pill is 18mg (150%), so still very far from an overdose.
I'm sure that pharmacologists take these things into account when producing these pills.

The healthiest diet is that of which comes from the sun in it's earliest form (mostly plant based foods).

lul3d yeah if you swallow bottles per day, that being said multi vitamins are actually a meme and are supported by the healthcare profession because there is no downside to taking them and some theorized upsides

beef
chicken
eggs
and occasionally cheese

While alcohol does make going to sleep easier, it also reduces the amount of REM sleep so you'll need to sleep more anyways.

Try everything and eat what you want to be.

Fresh...so eat your meat, raw.