Fuck your dfw and your pynchonu. He was the only american genius of the late 20th century

fuck your dfw and your pynchonu. He was the only american genius of the late 20th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure, but why?

fuck your sun city girls and your mother .He WAS THe only Borges of the late 2666 a book by roberto bolanigga

>pynchonu
:o

OP besides "Ficciones" and a couple stories from "Aleph" what else does he has?

His poetry desu

He and Anton Chekhov is the best short fiction I've come across. Both show what the short story can do. And Borges is the most re-readable author I have found.

>be in class
>prof talks about Borges because some word reminded him about one of his stories
>no one knows him
>want to ask him his opinion on author of the Quixote but some normie girl started talking to him before and they left together

In the English language, "American" exclusively refers to denizens of the United States of America. South American countries like Argentina may mimic the United States of America, they may depend on its culture and economy and technology, but they are not part of the United States of America, and as such, South Americans cannot be considered Americans.

Veeky Forums is an English language website; in the future, please learn English BEFORE using Veeky Forums, not as you're using it.

His essays are worth looking into too; they go right along with his short stories

Assuming that most people are using tue same specific definition of America is beyond idiotic especially when the wider connotations of its meaning do include the context of the original use.
Its a very recent syntax that takes America to mean solely the USA and you shouldn't assume or expect people to follow it just because your monolingual idiocy does.

It's pretty weak

His non fiction is much better

I've found it going back to at least late 1800s

>it's okay to just make up your definitions, bro
>who are you to say that a "pencil" means an instrument for writing or drawing, consisting of a thin stick of graphite or a similar substance enclosed in a long thin piece of wood or fixed in a metal or plastic case?
>in MY language, "pencil" means dog poop
>words mean what you feel them to mean, dude. it's all subjective haha

>Borges is the only American genius of the late 20th century

t. Someone who hasn't read anything by Heller besides Catch-22

Woah...

>this in a Borges thread
oy vey

>a fascist pig

No thanks

>1.1 A native or inhabitant of any of the countries of North, South, or Central America.

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american

wow you really need that faggot

How does Borges do it? There is a feeling to his writing like nobody I have read, an air of mystery and hidden depths, like a puzzle you want to figure out. He couldn't even write novels but his shorts are amazing.

>He couldn't even write novels
What makes you say that

>late 20th century

i've tried multiple times to read something happened but i can't get into it at all
catch-22 deserves all its acclaim though