Mochizuki's papers on ABC conjecture and IUT theory have been accepted by the journal "Publications of RIMS"

Mochizuki's papers on ABC conjecture and IUT theory have been accepted by the journal "Publications of RIMS"

Then it turned out that the journal's editor was Mochizuki himself.

Are we being memed?

Other urls found in this thread:

galoisrepresentations.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/the-abc-conjecture-has-still-not-been-proved/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-universal_Teichmüller_theory#Dissemination
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc2017Dec18.pdf
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/IUTeich Verification Report 2014-12.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clearly he knows he is right and doesn't care what others think.

just how many decades ahead of its time is IUT theory anyway?

forgot link:

galoisrepresentations.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/the-abc-conjecture-has-still-not-been-proved/

>then it turned out
you make it sound like something shady, when it's not. he's publishing it in the small journal of his university, that's very common.

A whole millenium

Does Veeky Forums think it's more likely that the proof is wrong but no one's found an error yet, or that the proof is right but it's just too damn hard to understand?

I don't know of any other proof in modern mathematics that's stirred up so much talk

we have no idea. has some good discussion, a bit too much on the damning side. more important than whether it's correct or not, it's the fact that someone should be able to fucking explain it to mathematicians

the amount of time this proof is taking to become (in)validated makes the arithmetic geometry community seem sort of lazy

no one has stepped up to the plate to give a serious judgment call after 5 years?

Dude created like two new areas of mathematics just to describe his theory. The entre level is just too damn high, and that's before you take in accout that most people don't want to sink years styding some 2000 pages of stuff for possibly nothing.
It's like if instead of Calculus Newton came up with riemann geometry or something

worst "proof" ever

So we just ignore all the people who verified the proof?

He's pulling a Chewbacca Defense.

this

Too bad a proof is worthless if nobody understands it.

Why does Mochizuki not simply explain his stuff to others sufficiently? Why does he leave the world in a state of guessing what could be meant with his 500 pages?

Why does he not invite 2-5 mathematicians of his liking and sit together with them for 2-6 weeks, explaining every line, answering every question they have?

As far as I know, there have been conferences with him and a few dozen mathematicians, but they were mostly just frustrating and always too short.

Because it's all a farce. All he wants is fame in his own country, like all slanteyes. See Shing-Tung Yau's trying to take credit for the Poincare-Perelman theorem for another example.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter-universal_Teichmüller_theory#Dissemination

if you keep bad mouthing mathematicians who are way out of your league, you'll get absolutely nowhere. fuck off.

>Too bad a proof is worthless if nobody understands it.
But others do understand it

>Why does he not invite 2-5 mathematicians of his liking and sit together with them for 2-6 weeks, explaining every line, answering every question they have?
He has done that

>He's asian so he's probably right, fuck reading
this sub

So after the five or so guys that understand Wiles' proof of FLT die it will become a conjecture again?

>t. chink
I bet you cheated throughout college. Typical slanteye behaviour.

I'm not asian you imbecile. I'm just not a rude asshole. It won't end well for you. If you're even interested in math and not some random asshole, that is.

Just because I'm "rude" doesn't mean I'm wrong faggot.

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

You're absolutely no one to be talking that way about Mochizuki. He's a serious mathematician with great accomplishments to his name. You're wrong to think you know shit about this topic. Dare to do so outside of anonymity and your career is over.

Why the faggotry?

The old guard of Number Theorists are pseuds who are used to everything being pre-chewed Langlands-centric Linear Algebra lego blocks. As soon as something doesn't conform to their model they just throw their hands up in confusion.

Isn't the job of a scientist to contribute to the collection of scientific knowledge available to humanity? If it is a proof without introducing crucial missing components either via reference to other work or by deriving them in the paper (as seems to suggest), it should not really be published in a scientific journal, regardless of the potential impact of the content.

>He's a serious mathematician with great accomplishments to his name
The same was true of Shing-Tung Yau you know. Still tried to stab /ourguy/ Perelman in the back.

How is it even possible, that if someone is available for asking any questions, that still no one claims he understood what Mochizuki wrote? He must be extremely bad at explaining his entire thought process or devote too little time to it. I mean the audience are mathematicians he can choose, they should be able to understand it if it's properly explained. What am I not getting here?

>How is it even possible, that if someone is available for asking any questions, that still no one claims he understood what Mochizuki wrote?
Why do you think no one understands? There's already expository notes by others on the proof:
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~gokun/DOCUMENTS/abc2017Dec18.pdf

>What am I not getting here?
You might want to read the verification report (this one is 3 years old)
kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~motizuki/IUTeich Verification Report 2014-12.pdf

what the fuck is a Hodge theater or log theta lattice? all those symbols an abstract nonsense jesus is this gut even human

>ywn live to see IUT theory be disproved or approved

>You're absolutely no one

You've just thrown all scientific revolutions out the window.

>explain concept
>huuur give maths or fuck off and make sure its elegant
>give maths
>hurrr too complex can't read explain concept or fuck off also not elegant/10 would not memorize

current year science

>the-abc-conjecture-has-still-not-been-proved/
there are papers with proofs
DUH DUH IT IS NOTPROVEN

fucking liberals

Dude, FLT is very well understood in the arithmetic geometry world, and the ideas involved have only been strengthened since the proof and used to prove other things. Hell, my department teaches a course on it every few years.

What's he working on these days?

Now you see why Perelman quit. That and the passivity toward cheating frauds

That's not even remotely what's happening.

That is not why he quit. He quit because of the politics and credit only being given to the last person to complete the proof. (and the cheating)