Been rejecting this fruit nearly all my life, but now I love it!

Post your best guacamole recipes!

Mashed avocado, chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeño, lime juice, salt
Refrigerate it with the avocado pit

Veeky Forums told me I have to hate avocado because reddit likes it, sorry, can't help you

WITH the pit? Why?

Not just avocado. Limes too. Arugula. Fruits and vegetables, in general, are a form of genocide against the proud white race.

Every time an avocado gets eaten, all of history's greatest inventors spin in their graves.

Don't be a beta cuck. Unless you have gout by the age of 14, you're part of the problem.

Its probably some bs about keeping it green, but it's only going to work for the guacamole directly under the pit because it keeps it out of contact with the air. The best way to keep it green is use a lot of lime juice on top and cover it really well.

It will turn brown if you store it without the pits from the avocado. If you stick those back in when you chill it and use a decent amount of lime juice, it will stay fresh

The pit thing is a myth. The guacamole turns brown as it begins oxidizing. The acid from the lime juice and eliminating contact with air is what keeps it green.

>durr if I strawman hard enough people will stop paying attention to the leftist elite and their agenda

Huh, I guess I was wrong.
I'm that case, OP, use recipe with plenty of lime juice and keep it tightly sealed

>Arugula

Found the redditor

Right on.....lime juice it is!

>no garlic
I always add fresh crushed garlic or at least some garlic powder.

Don't use too much lime it gets overwhelming quickly. You shouldn't have to store guacamole so long that it turns brown anyway. It's better fresh or after 1-2 hours in the fridge.
You can also make pico de gallo first, let that marinate on its own, and the add that to the coarsely smashed avocado just before serving.

I'll only say this once, because reasons, but I lived in Mexico every summer as a kid.

Guacamole is:
Hass Avocado
Garlic
Lime
Salt.

1 clove of garlic and a half a lime per avocado. Salt to taste.

You can get creative and add 1-2 other ingredients, i.e. minced red pepper and cilantro, or minced onion and black olives or whatever, but guacamole is avocado, garlic, lime, and salt.

P.S., the best way to tell if an avocado is ripe is by pushing in the stem.

Forgot to add that I usually lighten it up with a dollop of sour cream mixed in to give it a smoother consistency. You still want some small chunks of whole avocado in it tho.

Please say that again.

I just make a juice of it and add chocolate milk and toppings.

You can kiss home ownership goodbye, bud.

I'll do you one better, and that would be to say that I usually do a 1/2 tsp of (((kosher))) salt per avocado, then squeeze the lime over the finished product and it will keep for about a day in the fridge before browning, and the taste is better after a couple hours because mixing.

You can sometimes get raw corn tortillas from Walmart and cut them to fry in 325 deg veg oil and sprinkle some salt on them and you're good to go.

>smoke my own chipotles
>chilaquiles for breakfast at least once a week
>literally have 8 cans of diced green chiles, 3 of refried trad beans, 1 of black, 2 Dora Mole sauces in the box, 2 bags of chicharrones, fistful of poblano chiles in the fridge, 3 jalapeño plants in raised beds, roma and grape tomatoes, tomatillos, etc. etc. etc.

I have some Iberia chorizo and regular Johnsonville stuff in the freezer. I mean I'm a married father of two, so it's a lot of food I stock, but c'mon, mexican food is the best food on the planet.

Corn/Meat/Beans/Cheese in 500 variations.

avocado toast is normie but really really good

Avocado with a soysauce and sesame oil dip/sauce is goat

Also avocado toast + bacon is pretty good

Here is our super trade secret Jewel's recipe:
1 box of avocados
8 tomatoes
2 bunches of cilantro
2 white onions (or 1 white, 1 red)
8 Jalapenos (mild) OR 16 Jalapenos (spicy)
1/4 cup of salt
1/2 cup of lime juice
1 cup of lemon juice

Mash avocados and stir in the salt and lemon lime. Dice and chop all the other ingredients and then mix it all together. Then wa la!

I'll do ya'll a solid because I've seen some news thing about ppl stabbing themselves with avocados?

You get a big butcher type knife, lay the avocado lengthwise on a board and cut into it lengthwise in the middle to the pit, then pick it up and circumnavigate the whole avocado around the pit with the knife cutting as you go...
>turning the avocado, and not the knife, end over end lengthwise....
When its done you'll have a clean cut around the avacado, ending where you started.
>this never happens. You always end up cutting it a little sideways.
Take the knife out of the side and pick it up in your hand and rotate the sliced halves one on top of the other like a jar of pickles with one half as the top.

>grab said heavy handled butcher-type knife.

Hold the avocado in your off hand like a mechanic's grip in card play. Drop the butcher knife in straightaways between your thumb and cupped fingers pretty hard, chopping into the pit a good ways.

Keep ahold of the avocado with your non-dominate hand, now with the butcher knife buried a ways into the pit, and twist like you're opening another jar of pickles. Pit will come out on the knife.

Just push the knife down fast and quickly retract in the opposite direction over a trash can, like you're check swinging a fastball, and the pit will come flying off.

t. American who left DNA samples in Mexico

forgot to add to separate the halves after you split the avocado and twisted each half free like a pickle jar. Pull the top half off and chop into the pit

After you've separated the halves of the avocado you can take each half and point the tip of your butcher knife and make 1/8" slices lengthwise, for long slices, or crosshatch the widewise end 1/8" for guacamole type chunks, then take a wide soup type spoon and dig out the avocado from the stem end like you're scraping avocado paint off the skin's wall.

Move the avocado, not the tip of the knife, along and closely cut to the skin of the avocado all the way across the avocado.