There's nothing wrong with eat-

>there's nothing wrong with eat-
If the animals won't eat it why should humans?

>it's natural, therefore it's good

>Sample size 1
If the same were done with at least 20 ears of corn I'd actually be interested. All this proves is between those two, one is favorable and it happens to be the organic. But produce is never 100% good anyway, I've had organic apples before that were fucking disgusting, but I wouldn't use that in an argument because it's anecdotal.

>only tried to eat half of one
>left a bunch of kernels scattered on the table and presumably all over the ground
If animals don't like corn then why should I have to eat it?

strawman
the test has been repeated by other people with similar results
obviously it stopped eating it because it didn't need more food

I don't consider animals a good indicator of what I should and shouldn't eat. My dog refuses to eat the expensive food we buy for it and instead eats its own shit. Animals are stupid, don't trust them.

Also this picture is no more reliable than before and after pictures in dieting videos.

>obviously it stopped eating it because it didn't need more food
Maybe then it didn't eat the GMO corn because it saw the organic one first, ate some of it to the point of satiation and continued on. Or maybe the person who took the picture actually fabricated these data by eating half of the organic corn himself. Either way, this thread is stupid.

>the test has been repeated by other people with similar results
Still anecdotal.

literally fake and gay

Is everyone on Veeky Forums a fucking brainlet? The only evidence needed to refute OP's assertion is his own picture. Bugs/wildlife not eating your crop is a good thing not a bad thing.

>GMO/Organic
>Implying non-gmo is PURELY SYNTHETIC

The organic cultivar is a sweeter dent corn. The GMO cultivar is a starchier dent corn. Meaning the animal went after the sweeter corn instead of the starchier corn. The GMO corn is "Yellow Dent #5". If you've ever eaten it yourself, you'd know it tastes fucking nasty due to the high starch content. It was developed specifically for the extra starch. More starch = more products that can be made from it. Regular dent corn is already high in starch, but YD#5 goes overboard. It is no wonder the animal at the other ear first.

t. Homegrowmen that dislikes GMOs in his garden and foods

Are you one of those anti-GMO Luddites who don't understand that all the things that you grow have been genetically modified?

Hi, organic farmer here, I only dislike Monsanto because they utterly outdo our profit margins via being intelligent and humane. There is nothing wrong with GMO crops, apart from being more efficient, yummy and long lasting.

here they come arriving just on time, it just so happens an organic farmer joins the thread. wow! what a coincidence

I don't like Monsanto because their genetic modifications involve resistance to potentially carcinogenic herbicides to increase their crop yields. But GMOs in general are perfectly fine.

Look, understand that you're angry at corporate America, but have you ever thought about how you could benefit? Listen, I know this is an unpopular opinion, but Trump is good for America, he's good for corporate America and small-time, family-run organic farmers like myself. So you know what to do, FOUR MORE YEARS! Also, remember to buy Monsanto products when able, they're healthy for you and your family.

Oh I see, you disregard any argument that challenges your views on the basis of me being a shill. Your level of paranoia is astounding, do you really believe corporations give a shit about you?

Hello. Farmer of small organic farm, here. Just wanted to say that Monsanto sucks because they out compete me with delicious corn! Dang, I wish I could do what they do to make wonderful, preserved food, but I just don't know how to commercialize or deal with insects destroyin' my crops!
I guess now we should all submit and buy Monsanto

>small-time, family-run organic farmers like myself
Enjoy your extra taxes used to pay massive companies like Monsanto.

>I only dislike Monsanto because they utterly outdo our profit margins via being intelligent and humane

Whoa, fellow organic farmer here and I totally agree with you. I think we sell all of our land and contracts to Monsanto for half of the price, because that's what good God-fearing, red-blooded Americans do to support their country, their people and their livelihood. Also, whilst talking about Monsanto, I also think that Coca Cola is a wonderful and refreshing beverage that I always keep in the cab of my tractor, while working the heartland of America.

It is funny how correct always is.

Considering I grow mostly wild greens, you are incorrect.

GM crops shouldn't be in circulation yet. They are being used irresponsibly.

But, you posted & There's more wrong with them than just that, but don't expect anyone to listen to you.

More samefagging.

Excuse me, sir, those taxes aren't for massive companies. Think about it, for goodness' sake?! People work for those very same companies, so that money trickles back down to us, the little guy, the underdog. And would an underdog fight for the overdog? I don't think so, sir. Remember what Reagan said? Trickle down economics = an healthy economy.

You mean the fracking that helped me regain my profit margins whilst hydrating my soil? Nothing wrong with it at all. It's fracking good, that's what it is.

seek help
that cannot be the post of a mentally sound person

>Trickle down economics
Well the president does enjoy giving golden showers. (allegedly)

>They are being used irresponsibly.
You can't use God's bounty irresponsibly, son.
Besides, companies like Monsanto know what they're doing and they do it safely, trust me, I'm an organic farmer.

>You can't use God's bounty irresponsibly, son.
Something something apple something something sin.

Yes, of gold bullion to the people, with corporate help. Corporations aren't your enemy, they're here to help you and enrich your lives. In fact, I think you owe them, we all do, it's about time you went out and bought yourself a nice healthy Big Mac, made great all-American patriotic beef.

The only sin here is that you dislike the bounty of God's graces, after all, we're God's creatures too. Monsanto is just using the tools God gave them, to make the best and healthiest products for patriotic red-blooded Americans, like myself, trust me, I'm an organic farmer.

Op here i'm bored with the thread now, i don't really hold the opinion that i stated originally GMO's are fine i was just bored and wanted to make a thread about something

But are you an organic farmer tho?

Remember, buy Monsanto.

Weird how those animals knew to only eat the part of the corn facing the camera...

I really hope this is op because it makes the thread twice as funny

Do you not understand sarcasm?
>I'm an organic farmer
it's just a joke. Autistic people really do not understand sarcasm at all.

I trust him, and you should trust me, because I'm an organic farmer.

It is OP, there is nothing wrong with GMO or Monsanto its just another company that is no better or worse than thousands of others.

also don't forget to buy monsanto products

I've heard that Pepsi and Microsoft are pretty great too.

Because we're better than animals.

Monsanto has never directly advertised to anyone ever, I'm not saying they're not evil but they aren't brainwashing the masses

Which is why you should buy Monsanto.

>has never directly advertised to anyone ever
American national anthem:
>Amber waves of grain
>fruited plain
coincidence?

Our biochemical pathways are different. By your argument, I shouldn't enjoy eating chocolate or the inhaling the sweet smell of citronella to name a couple

Patriotism, sir.

>organic

also, a random pic like this is completely meanignless. Fact is, the world will starve without us continuing to do what we have always done. Left is what corn looked like before we started changing it.

Technophilia should be considered crime against humanity, as it already is one against nature.

We are destroying our world and there will be nothing left.

We have to stop it.

You likely wouldn't be alive today (if you were ever born at all) if it weren't for humanity's predilection for dominating nature.

what do you have against having sex with robots?

>staging photos to 'prove' a point

Some animals eat anything. QED humans can eat anything.

>it's just a joke

It wasn't. You got caught.

WEW look at dis lads:

>he's crazy

>call to God

>Autism

OP is pro-GMO, fyi. He's faking being stupid as a defamation technique.

dont forgot to buy Monsanto

Can you post the video that shows the animals eating the right one and ignoring the left one? Also, is there anything to suggest that there was no tampering done in this "experiment"?

Is right, animals eating your crops isn't a good thing idk why people are asking for proof.
[spoiler]also buy monsanto lol[/spoiler]

why aren't the kernels pulled out randomly?
it's easier to the wrench kernels from side that to yank them from the top, especially for a small bird

it's like having 2 cans of beans and there is only a dull rusty can opener
but lucky for you, somebody already opened one of them
which one will you eat?

>animals won't eat something that is literally designed to prevent them from eating it
>GMOS ARE BAD!
You are retarded.
>>there's nothing wrong with eat-
>If the animals won't eat it why should humans?

seedless watermelons are the result of a cross. they're infertile because they're triploid as the result of crossing a diploid and tetraploid, not because someone altered their genome's content

Ah so selectively breeding random genetic freaks until a form desirable to humans is reached is GOOD. But doing the sane thing by changing a single gene is BAD. Got it.

It worked so well for Thalidomide am I right?

>someone made an anti GMO thread
>suddenly 60 seconds apart GMO shills appear calling him a luddite
wow

Fish eat plastic particles
Clearly plastic particles are healthy

Humans were never meant to consume such artificial poisons. We need to revert to living in harmony with nature or we are doomed, and worse, in doing so we will doom the Earth and her infinitely beautiful biosphere.

It's literally doing what it was engineered to do

Corn is a shit vegetable. I blame corn almost entirely for the obesity epidemic.

>ctrl+f patents
>0 results
The problem is not that crops are genetically improved, that we've been doing for centuries.
It's that now corporations can get the state to lock you up if you use certain crops without their permission.
This is the sort of neo-feudalism that is turning farmers back into serfs.

how is that a problem? idk anything about farming but that seems kinda fair

>take GMO seeds
>patent it
>plant it in a competitor's field without them knowing
>sue for stealing and using your patented product
>take over their farm
it's the oldest fucking way of creating a monopoly

oh thanks, well then that should be illegal
farms should guarded by exmilitary guys with big guns and any trespassers should be shot on sight
problem SOLVED

do you have any idea how big fields are?

that's what motion sensors and other sensors are for

Yep. OP is a fag for sharpshooting.

>motion sensors
you do realize that everything is fucking moving all the time outside right? motion sensors only work inside and only if there are no animals, etc
as far as other sensors are concerned, if you want cameras you need people looking at them? what are you suggesting, full militarization of crops with drones, surveillance cameras and patrols? lmao

we could put those predator drones to good use here

so how much time was this in the open? The background seems to be exactly the same even to the positions of every leaf on the ground, I say this is fake.

Genetic modification is a myth.

i wasn't trying to make any value statements either way, just pointing out that there's a qualitative difference in the mechanism that means the example is not very relevant to the discussion.

This provides the implication that animals could honestly tell the genetic difference in the ears of corn. Where as, the animal in this case , simply saw there was a larger corn as compared to a smaller one. Basic animal instincts tells us that animals are more inclined to finish the larger one first due to the potential chance that it can go bad.

I refuse to believe animals can just "tell' there is genetic manipulation , That is unless hundreds and hundred if animals die from said genetically manipulated corn . Then its fellow kin will realize the malicious nature of those types of corn. Then i could come to terms with them just "knowing".

making up conversations from two imaginary people is one of the most autistic things one can do

Some animals eat their own shit, why aren't you ?