He boils his mashed potato

>he boils his mashed potato
>no baking the potato's and scooping out the insides to mash

Lmaoing at your life

boiling them prevents the stupid green shit from showing up and ruining them

What I do

what I do I says is boil them, then put them in the oven for half hour to get the water out, then mash them

Baking them makes them all oily like in OP's pic related.

Your oven magically creates oil out of thin air?

OP's pic obviously has a pat of butter melted onto it.

>ew baking makes them oily
>proceeds to add 1kg of butter

Using leftover potatoes from soup is good, too.

How can you have left over potatos from soup

wouldn't that make them pretty lumpy?

whisk and add butter, milk and cream

I steam mine

>not just using dried potato flakes
No difference in taste and it takes like 20 minutes from start to finished product.

Lumpiness has nothing to do with the cooking method and everything to do with how you mash them.

If you use a rough-shaped device to mash with you will get lumps. If you use something like a potato ricer or whip them using an electric mixer you end up with zero lumps, regardless of cooking method.

>No difference in taste
Yeah, if your tongue's been removed maybe

Explain how

You can go to a grocery store and purchase boxes or bags of dried potato flakes. Literally just dried potatoes that have been flaked into a coarse flour. Usually the box will have directions for making mashed potatoes with them. You pour a measurement of the flakes into a measurement of boiling water and milk, then you add butter and salt. Mix it all well and let it cook a short time, and then you have some very smooth mashed potatoes. You can of course change up the recipe as you see fit, adding spices, cheese, cream, ect. The potato flakes can also be used for a variety of other dishes, such as potato cakes or bread. They're more versatile and better tasting than instant mashed potatoes, but almost as convenient.

Isn't this just instant mash

I think you were supposed to explain how making instant mashed potatoes takes 20 minutes.

Yes, minus the powdered milk, dried spices, and preservatives. I find it to be a happy medium between from scratch and from a foil packet.

>eating mashed potato at all
Literal babyfood

Alright potato shill. You've convinced me to try a box, enjoy your 5ยข bonus.

>they dont ferment their potatoes for 3 months before making a mash

The flyover raid continues.

How does it take you 20 minutes to boil water?

>not exclusively using pickled fingerling potatoes for your mash

so are titties and those aren't bad

I never look away from my pots.

this guy has a good point

> he doesn't disolve his mashed potatos in sulfuric acid, drinks the mush and feel the tingley senastion in his belly

What are you? A bloody britfag? Don't you want to taste flavourful food?

>Lmaoing
Fuck off.

baking takes too long, boil em first then bake for a crispy outside

Normies don't use pre-2010 internet slang

It's ironic

>not using instant MP

What are you talking about? Are you two smoking crack.

Same here. I use a large stock pot and a bamboo steamer. Here's something interesting. In the winter, I use the stock pot as a source of moisture in the air. So, I have something steaming on it all the time in the winter too. I found that potatoes increase in flavor the longer they are steamed. However, past a certain point they will start to taste burnt, even though they are not technically burnt. The optimal time seems to be around 12 hours of steam while 15 hours makes them burnt tasting. They also darken in color inside, becoming caramel colored the longer they are steamed.. The flavor changes to something more like sweet potato. It also stinks up your house during that time so I change the water often to prevent that.

That's interesting. I'd have figured they would just disintegrate after a few hours. Do you steam them whole or chopped?

>he doesn't grill his potatoes and mash them

>he doesnt mash his potatoes before baking them

Whole. When the water below them gets dark, that is when I change it out, to prevent stinking up the house.

I do mine chopped into small bits. Steaming takes about 20 minutes.

>he doesn't get a box of chips from the chippie and fill it with vinegar and then not mash it because it's soft enough already

This.

the green on potatoes comes from the sun, nothing to do with cooking

it happens when a part of the tater comes through the soil and takes direct sunlight. it's harmless

Boiling is for Yukons or redskins while you're roasting your garlic in the oven. Baking is for russets to be made into twice-baked potatoes while your bacon is frying in a skillet.