If God isn't real the can athests answer why only we are the truly self conscious (no animals is self conscious on the...

If God isn't real the can athests answer why only we are the truly self conscious (no animals is self conscious on the level as we are, admit it) species on earth? Why we have great civilizations and great history and art and culture? Why we are the ONLY one who is capable of such greatness?

Atheists you can fool yourselfs for only so long before you see that we are special and created by God and is his blessed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQCOHUXmEZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

atheists BTFO

Why would these things be the only proof of "self concousnes". These are just examples of our "self consciousnes" and not representative of "self concousnes" as a whole

These our just examples of how we express our "self concousnes" sorry about that

This thread is going to attract low-quality replies, but I somewhat agree with your reasoning. I can believe that natural processes could have created life, but it seems impossible to me that our great works of art could have arisen in the same way.

During that part where the book was going through the wives of the husbands i thought dirty thoughts and committed sin.
The fact you mention conscious at all is a mark of God at all and we are the only ones, the special man favored by the God just as the Bible said. Our sperm, the seed of life lives forever in that it adapts the species of man into eternal time as long as we follow the way of the God. We are the only creature of such greatness, just look at how we have dominated this world out side of your window.

>Why we are the ONLY one who is capable of such greatness?
>Atheists you can fool yourselfs
This is self-evident. Unfortunately.

t. Orthodox

We're not the only ones with "consciousness" though. Dolphins experience friendships and have a language but their body limits their minds potential for greatness. Octopuses experience big variances in personality and have high intelligence but short life spans and not being a social species doesn't allow a culture or art to develop

Sure they are more "conscious" than others but do you see dolphins an octopuses creating civilizations that can build technology which can send messages across to the other side of the world? Do you see social species like wolves and apes developing culture or art.

A large part of my post was an explanation why the animals I mentioned haven't done what humans have

Did you cum on that music

Maybe

Find something to do you worthless dipshit troll.

If God is real how can believers answer why animals are truly unconscious (no human is unconscious on the level as they are, admit it) species on earth? Why don't they have great civilizations and great history and art and culture? Why aren't they capable of such greatness?

Believers you can fool yourselfs for only so long before you see that animals are not special and not created by God and is his blessed.

Nice shit-thread, next?

Our brains function like the ones from animals, except our brains evolved so much during our evolutionary process whilst trying to survive and hunt that we eventually gave space to curiosity to grow inside us. Once you start asking questions your mind goes on and comes up with so many answers that can at times seem to be THE answers, and therefore make you think you are superior as animals don't have this brain capacity, but just like tigers have greater teeth, and eagles great wings, us having great brains don't really make us stand out that much in the entirety of the vast universe, and in the end we are just foolish creatures with a large sense of importance that at times may seem divine But it's rather all just the logical next evolutionary step for the homosapien

yes there is a particular species of ape that developed culture and art, unfortunately you're still a baboon

>bong
>cum on paper
>Bible

Nietzsche really had a point. Even religious people can't even act religious anymore.

But that's a non sequitur. "Humans being incredibly smart" doesn't imply "God exists". A better way to trick atheists is to ask them what they think about the phenomenon called consciousness by itself, instead of asking about the features of the consciousness. By asking explanations about the features of the consciousness you are already implying that atheism can explain the consciousness, which is a great benefit.
So basically don't commit the same error as this guy

That's fucking retarded, "durr God made it" is not an "explanation" of consciousness.

What does the superiority of one life form have to do with the creation of a god?

Why God and not Zeus and his kind? Or Odin? Or Krishna? Why not any of them? Why God exactly? Why Christianity/Islam/Judaism? Ah, that's right, because you were born into it. You convinced me, OP, once the time comes for my rebirth I will wish for being born on your ideological and religious side so I can shitpost on an online trout photography gallery about why that one religion I was born into is the objectively one true religion. Solid post, OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=CQCOHUXmEZg

Pretty bad thread, OP you are unclean, keep the Bible away from your filthy living conditions and consider reading past Genesis for once.

>Implying those Gods have not been subjugated under the one true god.
>Its like he thinks Kronos and or Uranus still rule Olympus.

You are like a little baby

>simplification of older religions into one makes that one religion more "real" than the previous ones
whoa... autistic pepe poster rlly got me ther.... damn... *prays 5 times a day, eats kosher, and goes to church every sunday*

>16 year old talking about religions and history he knows nothing about
*jerks off to traps, is transgender, thinks the universe came from nothing, is morally confused*

Ironic you talk about history because if you knew a little bit of it you'd know how ridiculous Christianity and Islam is. If you're going to be a follower of a Semitic religion you should at least go for the "original" which in itself is just a sect based on the larger older Semitic mythology. Stay in school, lad, and delete your reddit account. Fucking brainlets, this shit is too simple too easy, and yet you still can't grasp it.

>Implying the history of the filthy masses matters
>Implying he understand more than he does
You are the Israelite to my Moses

Why are you judging by these criteria?

Some of archeas can live in lava lakes. Can you do the same thing, for example? I bet you can't. Only archeas are capable of such greatness, and they are the most well-developed species on the Earth, since we rely on «surviving in lava lake»criterion.

So, as you can see, everything strongly depends on the postulates which we declare.

if by self conscious you mean aware, we're not the only self aware animal.

ITT: People reference animals that are far less intelligent than we are, knowing full well that the point of darwinian evolution is survival yet the social dolphins and the octopus are on the verge of extinction.

>2017 not believing in God and joining the "public" aka braindead slaves to the abstractions of "the media."
>Not knowing about Fermi's Paradox and how even science must admit the probability of something indistinguishable from God is already here.
>Not knowing that the universe has been inhabitable for 9 billion years, that 10^22 earth-like planets are in our observable universe, and that only one would've needed to reach the technological singularity to become an omnipotent omniscient "God" and rule the universe.
>Not being able to actually explain without conjecture why evolution would choose to put a cap on our telomeres thereby intentionally killing us with cancer so that we don't age past ~130 rather than give us the immortal jellyfish genome.

Kek... Fucking atheists BTFO...

>I don't understand the cosmological concept of God: the post

Elephants are rather intelligent beings. We're just lucky you dumb fuck, stop trying to make sense of everything in your life.

The Greco-Roman gods never got involved with humans like Yahweh did. Sure, Pallas Athena helped Odysseus and Telemachus and she other Gods helped the Argives or the Achaeans or whatever during the Trojan War, while some sided with the Trojans, but is any of that as personal as Yahweh and Job? Not to mention Jesus. To Zeus and the Gods on Olympus man are pawns and playtoys. To the Christian God man is his personal creation. Love is reciprocal.

As for why not Judaism? I believe it can coexist with Christianity, as I believe any religion can, because hell, believe what you want...

But you ask why should I believe in Christianity instead of Islam? Besides me being born into it? Well, I was far from born into it (former cringe militant atheist), but it was Chesterton who said many religions similar to Christianity came after Christianity, but it was the first of its kind. I'm not going to be able to satisfyingly defend my reasoning for believing in The New Testament and Jesus even if I write pages, so I'll forego the essay and say this:

Jesus as a philosopher is somewhere up there if not surpassing with Socrates, Aurelius, and Sam Hyde.

Homo sapiens existed alongside with neanderthals for thousands of years before wiping them the fuck out. Our species aren't unique snowflakes when it comes to intelligence, but we're supremely aggressive and warlike

A great philosopher who mixed it all with superstition is just a cult leader

The only difference between the intelligence of humanity and the intelligence of other animals is our ability to manipulate the world around us due to our genetic disposition (or advantage, to be more concise). So this reasoning is bunk because you can not know of the true intelligence of other animals because their minds do not function around standing upright and opposable thumbs. Given a new view of the world (upright sight) and the ability to grasp the world around us, humanity evolved into "intelligence" but really just into an ace genetic figure.

That's it, I am now a Christian

Because we are the first species on this planet to evolve to that point, presumably. But given the horrific nature of your spelling, I don't feel comfortable trying to discuss anything with you.

animals are conscious comparable to their levels of development and capacity for intelligence. Since we are the most intelligent animal, we have the most fully-fledged consciousness.

getting tired of this god is real for purposes of philosophy meme

Prove you are conscious to me first.

Get all these ghosts out of my sight.

What is intelligence?

who the fuck cares