When they use "she" instead of "he" as a generic pronoun

>when they use "she" instead of "he" as a generic pronoun

Why does this always feel like a strained, inauthentic way to promote "diversity" or whatnot? Is it just my unconscious sexist tendencies to think that men should be the default instead of giving equal attention to both men and women?

I'm not from /pol/ btw.

I'm with you there and also feel the same way. I'm Swedish and would even prefer "hen" over "her" as the standard pronoun. It just sounds contrived af.

It sounds silly because 'they' is already commonly used as a neuter singuar pronoun.

>McLuhan categorized as Post-Colonial
good chart

Yeah you're just sexist

>Yeah i feel the same way, i actually think artificially modyfying language is counterproductive or useless at best

Who are you quoting?

This. There are better ways to avoid "problematic gendering" or whatever you want to call it.

why not just smash ZOG and bring back traditional, Roman style patriarchy. I'm getting really tired of this whole leftist cult of victimhood and weakness. It's aesthetically unpleasing and that's more than enough reason for me.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MEME
why does every sperglord on here ask
>le whom are you quoting
every time you see someone using meme arrows?
He is obviously ""quoting"" his actions pr character, as to mock or ridicule him

Whoaa man. Wo-man. Woah.

GAS THE KIKES!
RACE WAR NOW!!

I don't think I'm the sperglord here...

LMAO you guys.
I wasn't quoting/mocking anyone, the ">" was a typo. I sincerely think that modyfying language is counterproductive.

btw I'm screenshotting this brilliant exchange for the future generations.

Fuck i'm sorry it's just I see it everywhere
It's like people don't realize that meme arrows aren't exclusively for "quoting"

>

90% of thinkers whose thoughts are worth anything are and probably always have been men. That might change in the future, but for now that's what it is. I think that's why using 'she' feels weird. Women make up half the world population, but a much smaller portion of the worthwhile thinkers.

Even worse is the conservative cult of victimhood. Even when your side is winning you people can't ditch the persecution complex. Sad!

So is 'he'

>Sad!
lebin xD

Go back to R-ddit.

Burned my ass when I was reading Bloom and he pulled this shit

she*

Did I touch a nerve?

Aw, poor baby drumpfletootsie is upset that somebody triggered his whiskers?
Why don't you go beat your wife, or should I say your cousin? And then maybe you can drive a trans person to suicide, because that's what you right-wingers seem to fill your free time with.

Bloom was notorious for fucking his female students, so it isn't unusual he would think of generic readers as female.

damn he must have been a true uber beyond morality cuz when i fuck a student i feel guilty and paranoid for the rest of the semester

Because it is. The author honestly wants me to believe that "she" can use a number of different modeling techniques when programming in D. Unbelievable. Next thing you know they'll have a black on the cover.

It's because you are misusing the quoting function, which is intended for quoting the words of another.

They is more useful in telling the reader that the subject being discussed is either sexless or that the sex of the subject is unknown

I'd say that women can use 'she' as a generic pronoun while men should use 'he.'

When men do it it makes them look weak and submissive.