How to

can you show me the best articles, youtube videos etc. that gives you advices how to write fiction, especially how to develop talent. i know it sounds cliché, but i dont have too much time to figure out how to start. many thanks i appreciate literally every answer

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2017/mar/04/what-writers-really-do-when-they-write
cosmoetica.com/Archives.htm
cosmoetica.com/TOP.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

theguardian.com/books/2017/mar/04/what-writers-really-do-when-they-write

There's no proper way to write, is the thing. Some writers take ages to properly structure out their stories ahead of time, others just start putting shit on the paper and worry about the fine details later. Find what feels natural for you, if you're a massive autist, there's no shame in taking a ton of time to just plan things meticulously. Aside from that, here's some things you should do when writing..

Characters: Make up a character backstory for them, even if it won't be in the finished product. Giving every character an origin will help you make sure that they're consistent and "human."

Whenever a character does something, ask yourself, "Would they really do this? Is there a more practical way they'd go about it? Is this realistically in their capabilities?"

When a character says something, ask yourself, "is this how people talk? If I were talking to this person, would I be interested in what they're saying?" Avoid as much drivel as possible, of course, some characters can be written to be boring or understated. Know what your tone is, and what's effective.

Whenever something happens in the plot, ask yourself, "Why did this happen? Why wouldn't this happen? Does this contradict anything I've said before?"

Work from there. Consistency really is the key in my opinion.

try mindfulness

That was a pretty nifty read
Thanks user

basically I thought of that "theres no proper way to write", but there are so much writing classes, workshop etc. i dont know if they are useful. thanks for your answer

looks like a deep article, thank u

btw this was my first post on Veeky Forums

You're here forever m8

why??

any other suggestions?

Read every single Book review & Poetry Analysis on this site

cosmoetica.com/Archives.htm

cosmoetica.com/TOP.htm

worthy answer, thank you so much

Veeky Forums is a bit more serious than other boards
/mu/ is sorta similar to here
If you're in memes and there's a ton of other boards for that

>why mindfulness?

Not the original user, but it is helpful to be aware of your reality and what makes it what it is before trying to reproduce it or something similar to it in whatever art form you choose. That said, there is a lot of more practical advice that will help more directly if you're just starting to write.

>Veeky Forums is a bit more serious than other boards

thank you to everyone! i am really grateful!

Compare to /v/
Veeky Forums?
/tv/?
Veeky Forums?

/mu/ seems good at first but after a year or two it's all the same shit, some of which is good and some of which is god awful

also, people on /mu/ have poor ability to talk about aesthetics, they never talk about what makes something good or not, it usually just "this got a high score on pitchfork, i fuckin love it!" which is kind of boring, i can skim pitchfork too and cut out the /mu/ middleman

Admittedly it's hard to talk about what makes stuff that gives them hadrons like ambient and shoegaze great

But idk I think the discussion remains fresh in regards to newer stuff,if you ignore the /mu/ canon circlejerks

it feels like the board moves too fast so in order to talk about anything it either has to be canon or forced really hard to get anyone to talk about, and ever since i got apple music i don't really need sharethreads and shit anymore, so i just stopped going there, i still like music as much as ever but if i find something dank i just enjoy it myself rather than trying to convince anyone else to listen to it, although, there is one music piracy blog site that i post snarky comments on once in a while when i feel talking about how much the latest indie hotness actually sucks ass or whatever

>although, there is one music piracy blog site that i post snarky comments on once in a while
Wich one?

nice try officer

I'm no cop, man

ok, fine...

>nodata.tv

i actually got this site off /mu/ years ago, but that doesn't mean it's ok to go fag it up and bring in a bunch of plebby memelords, keep it to yourself