"Biohacking" in the form of nootropics, conscious-altering psychedelics, etc...

"Biohacking" in the form of nootropics, conscious-altering psychedelics, etc. is a well-established tradition among STEM people, at least in the west. But why do so many of these "open-minded rationalists" get antsy and uncomfortable when their peers decide to biohack in the form of muscle hypertrophy, ie using modern medicine to get buff?

These are people who clap and cheer when someone decides to turn a penis into a pseudovagina (a very dramatic biophysical intervention), but they turn into clucking schoolmarms when someone hacks his endocrine system to get jacked. Why is that?

>biohack
please die

saged

Harsh realm, dude.

>"Biohacking" in the form of nootropics, conscious-altering psychedelics, etc. is a well-established tradition among STEM people, at least in the west.
Wrong.

Most people don't really give a single shit about steroids except for other athletes who think it should be about "Who already had the best genes" in competition.

>"Biohacking" in the form of nootropics, conscious-altering psychedelics, etc. is a well-established tradition among STEM people, at least in the west.
t. idiot pretending he knows something

Actually you're wrong.

just because you're a sheltered fuck doesn't mean it's wrong.

>"Biohacking" in the form of nootropics, conscious-altering psychedelics, etc. is a well-established tradition among STEM people
Ever occurred to you that people take these drugs for fun and not for career advancement?

>spending an exorbitant amount of money on sulbutiamine, CDP choline, adrafinil etc. is a well-established tradition among brainlets
ftfy

>Actually you're wrong.
Wrong.

>just because you're a sheltered fuck doesn't mean it's wrong.
That's not why it's wrong.

>piracetam, aniracetam, phenylpiracitam, semax, prl-8-53, nsi-189, bacopa
yes, let's just ignore all the substances that actually have researched cognitive enhancing properties, and aren't meme tier recreational "highs".

>That's not why it's wrong.
so you are a sheltered/autistic fuck then?

Name 3 notable 'STEM people' that this is true of.

GODDAM NT TRUMP

taking drugs is not "biohacking" damnit
wtf next week cutting your toenails will be considered biohacking

>thinks "notable" figures are a representative sample of a population
t. stemlet

In biochemistry and nobody takes them, even the truly desperate. You'd think this group of people would be most likely to take these, yet there's not a single student that does so (1st semester grad). The only nootropic that's (ab)used is caffeine.

I take Piracetam, can confirm the shit works. The first time I took 2 pills and after half an hour I felt like I just woke up from a dream. I felt really fucking good the first few weeks, a month maybe. Virtually no social anxiety, ADD non-existent, felt like a chad. It still works, just more subtle.

Also need to mention that it enhances effects of drugs such as caffeine and alcohol. The upside is that I don't increase my caffeine tolerance, because all I need is a green/black tea for good effect.

I want to submit myself to this man by bending my ass over, spreading my ass cheeks and let him ravage me until I'm made a cum filled wreck all over the floor with a gaping anus

physicist detected

>conscious-altering psychedelics
>"Biohacking"

Back in my day we just called it getting high.

Well, I am studying to be one so...your not wrong

Are you implying all physicists are gay cum hungry bottoms?

how can you simultaneously be a rationalist and take mind altering drugs

by rationalist you mean edgy atheist i presume

"Biohacking" refers to the subculture / practice of doing shit like DIY implantation of devices into your body. Not taking some mostly-placebo drugs. Taking some drugs isn't hacking your body, it doesn't even work as a name.