“The truth is you already know what it's like...

>“The truth is you already know what it's like. You already know the difference between the size and speed of everything that flashes through you and the tiny inadequate bit of it all you can ever let anyone know. As though inside you is this enormous room full of what seems like everything in the whole universe at one time or another and yet the only parts that get out have to somehow squeeze out through one of those tiny keyholes you see under the knob in older doors. As if we are all trying to see each other through these tiny keyholes. But it does have a knob, the door can open. But not in the way you think...The truth is you've already heard this. That this is what it's like. That it's what makes room for the universes inside you, all the endless inbent fractals of connection and symphonies of different voices, the infinities you can never show another soul. And you think it makes you a fraud, the tiny fraction anyone else ever sees? Of course you're a fraud, of course what people see is never you. And of course you know this, and of course you try to manage what part they see if you know it's only a part. Who wouldn't? It's called free will, Sherlock. But at the same time it's why it feels so good to break down and cry in front of others, or to laugh, or speak in tongues, or chant in Bengali--it's not English anymore, it's not getting squeezed through any hole. So cry all you want, I won't tell anybody.”

Holy...I want more.

How does he do it Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9f-Q9GHmJGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek'd. John green truly is the prodigie of DFW. The stylistic similarity is very apparent.

I like that. What book is it from?

Good Old Neon by the one and only DFW

youtube.com/watch?v=9f-Q9GHmJGc

Why do you morons never shill this instead of Inf*nite J*st? It's actually good.

Uh... isn't an artist's job basically self-expression? Isn't that what artists are supposed to be really good at?

Well, I guess there's just so much inbent fractals inside DFW that IJ is the best he could do.

>art=self-expression
>if the experience you express is relatable it means it is under some aspects identical to other people experiences i.e. it is not only 'your own'
>you are not expressing your 'self' since it belongs to you as well as others
>an unrelatable experience is the only one that only belongs to 'yourself' and as unrelatable is also not possible to express it.
>literal 'self-expression' nullifies writing stuff in the first place

Your own world is either also other's people world, or it is isolated and uninteresting to anyone. If you communicate with others, your experiences are not yours.

Pleb.

Jonathan Green, born roughly 1950 - 1990 BPH (before post-humanism), was an pre-techwar American public intellectual and writer. While only fragments of his work survive, modern scholars unanimously place him among the greatest writers of the pre-transhuman era. After long debate, scholarship now generally accepts Green as the author of the work known as "Cancer Girl".

Sources suggest that while Green was principally known for his writing, he also performed sermons on the "YouTube" sector of the internet, just fifty years before the medium was destroyed. His teachings included bizarre comparisons of women to cereal, postulations on the mind-spirit connection of adolescents whom he believed "more pure" than adults, and cryptic communications with his alter ego, Hank. His listeners, now commonly regarded as members of his cult of personality, were known as "nerdfighters". The etymology of this word remains unknown.

Greenism is now universally regarded as the de facto religion on pre-tech war Earth. The Cult of Green condemns women, comparing them to boxes of cereal that are meant to be consumed by men. Every spring, the time of Earth's adolescence, they sacrifice the cancer ridden to their God.

This sounds like John Green

>people have similar experiences
>therefore unique experiences can't be communicated

>the concept of DFW having a unique life experience

Is this new pasta?

dayymmm das fuccen good m8

:]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

wtf I love preteens now

fuccccc

i hope i see this again on here soon

>Due to his artistic merit, it is widely theorized that "John Green" was a pseudonym used by a collective of prodigious authors during the first half of the century. This practice was fairly common for the time and bears a striking resemblance to the "J.K. Rowling" collective in England.

The bizarre references to "tech-war" really put this into top quality pasta

I feel like Butthead reading that, I just think "Words words words..."

This post, and subsequent replies, suggests that the experience of history and knowledge is different in the internet age, at least before you figure out enough to get off the internet permanently.

It's literally a mock-Wikipedia article.

Amazing

What is with this John Green meme?
Are you being forced to watch him in class?

If you're living in the west in 2017, you're living in john greens world. He's Reddit. He's the AV club. He's colledge. He's Netflix. He's the huffington post. He's the front page of YouTube (literally). You and I should be him too.

>tfw the world won't ever be so interesting
>tfw nothing fun ever happens

It's a bit of a leap to assume 'self-expression' denotes the expression of entirely unique experiences. Me having an experience that someone else has had a similar experience to doesn't somehow mean that experience isn't a part of my self.