Was it ever explained how he turned into a bug? I didn't bother finish this snooze fest

Was it ever explained how he turned into a bug? I didn't bother finish this snooze fest

i know this is bait but kill yourself. a thread had to die for your unfunny ''joke''. end thyself. OR ELSE.

Yeah, in the 3rd Edition, they hired Matt Ward to consolidate the lore and he revealed that the Necrons did it with some kind of techno-plague they stole from the Old Ones. The Gray Knights got involved and fixed it, and now apparently two lost Primarchs are coming back.

No it wasn't, but that wasn't the point so it didn't really matter.

The bug is you, OP.

If this book was written today, he would be transformed into a hikikomori NEET.

I know a girl who's fetish is having sex with a giant cockroach, pretty sure this book is what triggered it all the way back in highschool.

Isn't that the point of the book just without the metaphor?

How would she even do that? I mean, does she imagine it's a man-roach with human genitals? I guess that's what happens when you aren't ready for Kafka

Old greek mythology people did random shit and got punished by gods being turned into animals and trees and shit. Same same.

Do you have the ISBN for this? I desperately wish to read it.

He didn't turn into a bug, he was crazy, it was a metaphor.

FOR WHAT?

He didn't really turn into a bug. He was just crazy. The story makes more sense if you read it with that in mind.

It's also fun to mention that he never meant "insect" but "vermin". So good job to everyone shitting all over Kafka.

Is this a thread from the 90's?

>He didn't really turn into a bug. He was just crazy. The story makes more sense if you read it with that in mind.
his physical appearance was viscerally described tho

disturbing af image

Couldn't it just be both?

>he turned crazy
>he retained perfect conscience while narrating by coincidence
>people randomly attacked him by coincidence
Y'all suck.

The story perfectly makes sense. It's described as a bug because it's from his point of view. He can still have a conscience and stuff. If you were a crazy guy who thought he was a bug and was crawling around on the floor and stuff you would be attacked too.

>If you were a crazy guy who thought he was a bug and was crawling around on the floor and stuff you would be attacked too.
Except you wouldn't dumass.

I have autistic family members and they get beat up by their family for doing all sorts of stupid shit like that.

No you don't.

Pics?

nice digitz m8 i r8 8/8

Well, I interpreted it the same way I interpreted Ionesco's Rhinoceros, as the way people slipped into nazism becoming monsters...
Philip K. Dick refers to this process as mecanisation of the individual.

I also drew a parallel with Cronenberg's "The Fly" when the hero voices his wish to be political but is compelled by it's insect nature to be totalitary and in some way I guess, amoral.

>be crazy and not transform physically
>die from an apple getting thrown and stuck to your back
ok

How would you describe the parts where an apple gets stucked between his "plates" or however you want to call them? I know what you mean, but I feel like there are parts in the story, where this metaphorical approach can't be applied.

They don't describe
The thing is they read the book a good time ago and someone said that the bug transformation was a metaphor to how he perceived himself among his family and work and then BAM, he didn't transform.

But as these anons that defend this shit idea of a purely metaphorical transformation are random pseuds they couldn't realize for the reading that such interpretation is inevitably wrong.

Lucky for her they'll be Turkish refugees flooding a country near you soon.

Here it is, my friend

978-0316306058

>all these people unironically defending a literal reading of the metamorphosis

I blame /pol9k/.

The apple is metaphorical too, it doesn't physically hurt him or get stuck in him.

Jesus christ