Graduate with CS degree

>Graduate with CS degree
>Only jobs available are brainlet codemonkey webdev jobs

WHY

>WHY
Why didn't you listen to everyone on here telling you not to waste your time on a CS degree?

Because, since I'm not autistic, I don't take advice from a hmong carpet dusting BBS with anything more than a grain of salt

Shitload of theory consulting, algorithm design jobs in bio labs, ect but you can't find them because you didn't actually graduate from anywhere or else you'd know how to look for them.

Then why post here?

Ive been typing in "cs jobs" on google. What do you suggest I do?

If this isn't millennials in a nut shell, Idk what is.

Thanks for advice

I know you're terribly salty of being unemployed and starving to death, but you have to be more subtle, evolucuck.

Every single university has a career placement program. If you're just going to school to get a degree you're doing it wrong and will end up another one of the idiot masses who just went to school for a piece of paper. You should be making connections through peers and professors. Googling "how do I get a job" is what every other idiot looking for a job did. I'm not here to give you advice, that's why schools have counselors. Use your resources you dope. You're an adult, stop assuming everyone will hold your hand.

>making friends in college
>going to class to meet professors
Found the brainlet normie

I make friends everywhere. I'm not autistic. If you can't make friends with the person you sit next to for 4 months, you might actually be autistic. Not the Veeky Forums definition of autistic, but actually socially retarded. I didn't go to class to meet professors, I went to class to learn. I participated and asked questions. I studied and scored high enough on tests to prove I grasped the material. Then at the end of the semester I would ask my professors for a recommendation letter. If the professor had previously worked in my field of interest, I would ask them questions like: How did you get the position? What would you recommend for someone looking to get into that field? Professors aren't there to just crank out students. A lot of them are good people who genuinely want to help others learn and progress. If you're not taking full advantage of the services Universities provide, then you're actively gimping yourself.

Shut the fuck up lmao

This is the idiot that you don't want to listen to. Getting a degree to get a degree is how you end up googling "cs jobs".

I talked to my career advisor and she gave me the same memey companies. My uni also has a website but my gpa isnt the greatest and of course 90% of internships require you to have a >3.0 gpa. My school is also huge so theres a shitton of competition

Get a MS and PhD in comp Sci. All the interesting jobs in comp sci is research related. And there are a lot of them. BS in comp. sci is meant for codemonkeys. so i don't know what you are complaining about.

Well how badly do you want to work CS. If you're just looking for someone to give you a general direction, take your degree to the Air Force. You have a degree, so you can go in as an officer. Tell the recruiter you have a programming degree and want to work cyber security. They'll tell you no, and then you get up and walk away. Because their job performance is based on numbers, they will cave and tell you "Ok, but you have to score Xth percentile on the ASVAB." We all know what kind of idiots get into the military and the ASVAB is cake for anyone who obtained their high school diploma. Get everything in writing. You can give up 12 years of your life and then collect officers retirement, while working in a field that pertains to your degree. After you get out you should be more than qualified to get another CS job with any company. Even if you don't, you can live off your military pension and work any other job and still make enough money to do whatever you want. This is the the route I would take, but if you're to the point where you're googling jobs, you are already at Rock bottom for the job hunt. Or this

>only jobs available are brainlet webdev jobs
>tfw going to a technical college for webdev
>tfw already have job lined up and a relationship with my boss
>tfw top of my class because most poeple actually are brainlets
Heh, Nuthin personnel

Just because you're the king of retards, doesn't make you any smarter than the rest of the retards.

Eh that insult was a bit of a stretch

this has to be bait

I'm pretty sure the whole thread is bait. I doubt the OP just graduated with a CS degree and can't find any non-webdev jobs. There's just so many of them. Unless he is in a very small city and is 100% unwilling to relocate or something.

At least they are available and well-paid.
Tell what you said to someone graduated in liberal arts and they might as well punch you for complaining about stupid shit like that.

Can't wait for the day when you and your "networking" bullshit becomes irrelevant.

>going to college
Thats where you fucked up. Its ok though we need people like you to keep the wheel turning. Thanks.

>Then at the end of the semester I would ask my professors for a recommendation letter.
Lol, this is definitely trolling. Nobody fucking does that.

So, never?

They knew what they were getting into

Even in STEM its still about who you know. "Cool Jobs" will go to students who get hooked up by their advisors/professors.

If you are applying to shit online, you are already lost. You are putting your hat in a lottery and hoping something good pops up.

>did not do ANY networking
>did not take ANY internships
stop being upset, a brainlet existence is where you belong

>Graduate with CE degree
>no work experience at all
>gets job in r&d with optoelectronics after 2 months
Why cs when you can ce?

officers dont take the ASVAB

Learn ABAP and become an analyst

Millenials in a nutshell are you not knowing what millenials even are, you fucking millenial.
>Millennials are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.
I really fucking doubt you were born in the 70s.

Not him but I know what they're trying to say, they do take a variation of the exam albeit a slightly more modified version appropriate to college level. I think they also have to have some small approval meeting for said officer too before you go into basic training for officers.

Obviously it's not as cut and dry as it is for a private but it's still a viable option for those who have a STEM related degree with no job opportunities.

>fell for the CS degree
>could have literally gotten the same job if he went to community college

When will CS Fags learn

I always thought that CS is prep for going on graduate degree. Like, you are nothing with just Bc.

What kind of job do you want?

This

Veeky Forums definitely has it's GenX and Boomer posters, but I really wouldn't be surprised if Millennials make up the bulk of it.
Hell, some GenZ's are old enough to post here without lying about not being a minor.

The youngest Millennial is in their 20's.

>networking" bullshit becomes irrelevant.
Lol, neoptism has been with us for quite some time. I'm sure it'll survive a couple hundred years more

You started off well, but you lost me at 'Then at the end of the semester I would ask my professors for a recommendation letter'. lmao youe probably built your personality around career successes.

Fairly common desu
But you wouldn't know that

Read up on dev ops and continuous integration, build a CI pipeline and store your work on github.

Start applying for jobs in that area, they will want to see that you can do something basic with it.

In econometrics, perhaps. I prefer to rely on actual work/internship/bootcamp experiences though, but rec letters from teachers that youve never actually worked with will probably work out too.