Where do I start with the works of this philosopher?

Where do I start with the works of this philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOOQ1ZCeMY4
samharris.org/podcast/item/inside-the-crucible-syria-and-the-islamic-state
samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ha ha ha
Yeah you really riled me up
Got me good
Etc

I'm sincere.

you begin in the trash and slowly climb out

Launch with Letter to a Christian Nation.

Is this a Zizek reference?

Lmao

Ben Stiller's best movie was probably Zoolander.

Yep, right here. The tastiest neoliberal scientism bits are stuck to the bottom.

youtube.com/watch?v=dOOQ1ZCeMY4

scalpel, 10 minutes, salt
break, 2 minutes
rubber hammer, 10 minutes
break, 2 minutes
scalpel, 10 minutes, salt
break, 2 minutes
cigar cutter
blowtorch

With Zoolander.

>tfw Veeky Forums is a bunch of anti science regressive leftists and terrorist sympathizers

>"unironically" referring to sam harris as a philosopher

not even /pol/ but isn't a little wack that some jewish dude has devoted his whole life to trying to get christians to abandon their traditions and faith? unless this dude comes with some chomsky tier anti-zionist polemics, i'm not buyin' it

>just because he doesn't yield to the almighty sjw establishment. it means he isn't a philosopher

I'm an atheist, I hate SJWs and liberalism, and still think Harris is an unqualified idiot.

From the horse's mouth:

>Many of my critics fault me for not engaging more directly with the academic literature on moral philosophy. There are two reasons why I haven’t done this: First, while I have read a fair amount of this literature, I did not arrive at my position on the relationship between human values and the rest of human knowledge by reading the work of moral philosophers; I came to it by considering the logical implications of our making continued progress in the sciences of mind. Second, I am convinced that every appearance of terms like “metaethics,” “deontology,” “noncognitivism,” “antirealism,” “emotivism,” etc., directly increases the amount of boredom in the universe.

*steps into thread*

you dont

T. stem undergrad who has no understanding of philosophy and science.

what's wrong with that quote though? He's a pop-writer and will write like one and is meant to be read as one. Doesn't mean the arguments he makes are weak. Most modern philosophy and academic writing in general really is boring and/or obfuscationist, if not stupid outright, and has contributed maybe nothing at all to anything interesting.

>pop-writer
Yeah so purely entertainment. Just look at the standard example of Chomsky as a public intellectual that gives arguements with beyond sophomore-college-level content without any jargon. Listening to Sam Harris for philosophy is like listening to Bill Nye for science, a fucking joke.

I just started listening to his podcast because he has done some interviews with some interesting people in the tech industry, he seems like an alright guy if abit stuffy. Why do you all hate him?

Because he's successful and we're not

He's also done lots of interviews with defense industry shills, makes you think doesn't it?

because he enjoys jewish privilege while telling christians to give up their traditions and become materialists cogs

gotta make sure israel is safe! but christ was a fake and maybe didn't even exist ok goy

I don't hate him, it's just that the level of his work would make him irrelevant if his fans actually read instead of just watching YouTube videos with titles like: "MUSLIM SJW FAGLORD GETS DESTORYED BY SAM HARRIS"

I read it in his droning, boring voice.

He has notoriety and actually writes things. Thats leagues above any of the angry impotents here.

Ah

No?

I didn't know he was of jewish descent. He's mentioned a couple of times being an atheist but you think he's employing sneaky jew subterfuge?

>No?

samharris.org/podcast/item/inside-the-crucible-syria-and-the-islamic-state

Sam Harris is literally autistic, pls don't bully

samharris.org/blog/item/the-limits-of-discourse

I'll give it a listen now

>X is boring, hence X is wrong
Whoa...so this is the power of positivism...

Chomsky comes of as a total faggot here
god I hate Chomsky

oh god all this kind of syrian war minutiae is so fucking boring, i live in an area with huge amount of arabs, and these amateur orientalists are kind of cringey to me. is sam harris someone who has studied the arab world at all? was he ever in the army? so why the fuck is he rambling on about the syrian war, stfu man, his guest is dude with a russia studies degree that is worthless in a post-soviet world who now wants to play orientalist on shitty podcasts, seriously this is bad, and all involved should feel bad

it's funny how harris tries to ape comsky's speaking style, what a fucking beta, get this fool out of here

Weiss doesn't even know Russian and has taken checks from Gulf oil interests and Ukranian oligarchs. He's a shill without a shred of integrity, just like the other hacks cheerleading for war in Syria

he didn't say X is wrong though

Don't bother with any New Atheist philosophers they're all retards who don't understand theology

This makes no sense whatsoever. The dude wants Jews to get rid of their traditions too, find me an example of a contradiction. I've never seen him even bring up he's Jewish before.

No point in reading him. Just watch videos with him while eating or some shit. No use in wasting precious reading time.

So we should all bend over for Islam? Have you even read any Richard Dawkins?