ITT: Post books you're not sure about reading and other anons advise

ITT: Post books you're not sure about reading and other anons advise

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Ray-bradbury-june-2001-and-the-moon-be-still-as-bright-annotated),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I finished it in one night when I was 14, just start it now and you'll have it done before lunch. Then you can stop worrying about it.

Also, it was good.

Thanks bru

The whole bit at the start with her asking "are you happy?" made me pretty upset the first time I read it.

seconded, it's no more than a 4 hour read at the most

i really hated this book desu. the prose was simple but for some reason totally unreadable for me. dunno what was going on.

>discovered their brain doesn't work right
>not embarking on a lifelong quest to understand your blind spot and correct for it if you can
Don't you even care?

Decent book. Bradbury's prose is gorgeous. It helps if you read more of his stuff rather than just this. It's not really *just* about censorship and all that jazz, it's about living a life of passion and joy. I'd actually start with Dandelion Wine (my favorite of his) and THEN read Fahrenheit 451.

They're not horribly complicated, overly intellectual, but should be a fun read if you're into scifi and nostalgia.

>Bradbury
>Simple prose

I'm not even the biggest Bradbury fan, but I have to admit, he can write some beautiful sentences.

Is this as good as it says it is?

I'm just getting into literature. I know everyone gushes about this book, but I have to ask, is it truly worthy of a Nobel Prize?

Just read it. It will take one day. It's basically greentext

I thought it was the most overrated thing I've ever read.
But it's not long so you mine as well.

Decent read. Very blatantly allegorical, sometimes too obviously so that it forces it down your throat. But it's a good message, and again it's a good read. Picks up towards the end more.

Yeah, I got this when I was reading The Martian Chronicles. He has a good message in one of his stories (And The Moon be Still as Bright genius.com/Ray-bradbury-june-2001-and-the-moon-be-still-as-bright-annotated), but he's very, very heavy handed.

Still worth a read I'd say

Even though I pretended to really enjoy it at the time, its kind of a slog and not that deep philosophically. Still worth a read considering its so short.

Infinite Jest, honestly.

Because his prose seems barely enjoyable.

Though I'm very interested in its themes (addiction, loneliness-)

His prose is an acquired taste, and not particularly amazing like, aesthetically, once you do acquire it, but the real strength of the book is thematic.

It's tough in parts but really quite enjoyable, even addictive itself. I'd read his essay E Unibus Plurum first. If you enjoy that, you'll enjoy Infinite Jest.

Off topic, but I didn't think it was worth making a thread about. Are there any books similar to Mythology, but on Japanese folklore?

I was really excited about this and bought it the day it released, but I talked myself out of starting it a few times now, because I'm not sure if it's a meme because it's bad, good, or nobody has actually read it.

Great book, easy to read, interesting ideas and characters, and pretty short, You should no apprehension about this at all, it's not difficult.

Seen mixed reviews here for this jewess' work, specifically with The Fountainhead.

It's it worth it for the last chapter

Howard Roark is great, and the novel's actual action is interesting.

The prose is atrocious, and the ejaculation of objectivist speeches speckled throughout is trash. The end is bad.

Just read the last chapter and skip the shitty greentexting for 90% of the book, which is highly overrated.

It's very good.

holy shit just read it, it will take you no time at all
do you ask if you should read pamphlets or magazine articles too? are you really worried about the time investment it takes to form your own opinion?
youll spend more time in this thread

Found pic related among a pile of used books. It doesn't seem too bad, but I have other things to read in between classics.

Go ahead. It's pretty comfy and not too long, just don't expect anything deep. When I was a teenager it was my favorite book.

It really is greentext. Read the whole thing, since it's so short and easy to get through. At least then you'll undestand the memes.

Not worth it IMO unless you liked her other works or want to learn about right-wing ideology.

its really good after around page 200. once you get a hold of the characters and get into the rythm of his writing style, you'll love it.