Name 1 writer or philosopher who didn't have a tough life

Name 1 writer or philosopher who didn't have a tough life.

Protip: easy

Homer

jackie chan

Pretty much all of them.

Homer wasn't a person.

YOU arent a person

They exist they just weren't good enough to be remembered. Same will happen with all the people today writing genre-fiction flick-tier shit and "philosophy" pseuds.

Kant

Plato.

Edith Wharton

and that was the only real response
most of them were normies trying to get into deep shits

stop liking them Veeky Forums, they aren't woth it

Sam Harris

Nabokov

Camus

David Ricardo.

What's the point of this thread? Seriously, it looks so fucking retarded and random to me

and I've never read a book

Marx.

He lived with severe barnacles on his ass.

diogenes

>implying you can call someone a philosopher posteriori

ahahaha

Aristotle.

David Hume

Me.

Go home Joyce.

how about marcus aurelius, who was a fookin' king

MY DIARY DESU

Tolstoy.

>academic/aristocratic life is so hard

Kierkegaard / Schopenhauer

both healthy and rich as fuck but a bit too neurotic

kierkegaard: cripple
schopenhauer: manlet

oh and his whole family died

Gucci mane.

Williams, Barth

>kierkegaard: cripple
he had a wierd posture, but wasn't he wasn't physically restricted

>oh and his whole family died
his brother outlived him

>schopenhauer: manlet
he was good with the ladys when he was a teenager but then he switched to austism mode

>a bit too neurotic

lmao

>his brother outlived him
dunno, but the majority died and he struggled with the idea that it was some kind of divine punishment for his father's sins.

tao lin

Is this the self-pity thread?

/thread

yes, that's a pretty dark chapter in his life, but he still had a rather stable social enviroment. he could have had normal social life, if he wanted to.

>sam harris
>philosopher

Heidi. Just look how fucking smug this bastard was.

>edgar allan poe

Got to fug cousin

Kant literally never left his cozy German town his whole life and was basically given a tenured position immediately after graduating.

He was a manlet though, and almost certainly autistic.

I wouldn't call that an easy life.

Unironically

>tfw you will never prey upon teenage students with your girlfriend

>needing some whore when you have nora

welcome to Veeky Forums

Goethe's life wasn't as easy as people think.

Fuck he really looks like adolf's brother

yes she was

Schopenhauer

being blind seems pretty tough desu

Goethe literally stated multiple times (in fact costantly in his later years) that he, in his opinion, lived the perfect life

>I never believed a thing had to be attained, I always thought I had already attained it. If someone had set a crown on my head, I should have taken it for granted.

Ironically Emil Cioran

The theory goes that the author of the Odyssey was a woman, not that the author of the Iliad was a woman.

he survived a long almost fatal sickness.

chronic insomnia, exile

Give me a break, he got sick for 6 months in the late 18th century (when such a situation was way more normalized than it is now).

It may have been a traumatic experience, but this is not living a tough life.

it happened during formative years and in his memoirs he assigns a high value to it, so it's relevant to op's question i think.

Again, that's a tough short experience, not a tough life. Leopardi's life is a tough life, Goethe just got sick once and then started living the best life available on planet Earth.

in that case almost everybody had a great life because subjectively everybody adapts quickly to all kinds of stress and most geniuses had a remarkably optimistic attitude, were convinced that everything would fall in place for them eventually, if not in their lifetime then in future.

James Merrill

He was poor as shit because he couldn't stand do anything that wasn't what he loved to do, and he lost two kids because of it.

Terrible ones like Kant the Cunt and Sartre the Farter

One can say their life was perfect even if it wasn't according to others.

itt

Back to r9gay, frogposter.

Emily Dickinson just spent every day shitposting in her room.

Chaucer

Herman Melville had it good.

haruki murakami

Never claimed to be a philosopher

Again, give me a break: HE GOT SICK FOR 6 MONTHS.
That's it, that was the struggle of Goethe. Before that he was a beloved prodigy, after that he was the most revered romantic genius in Europe, living what is now considered one of the most interesting, beautiful lives that have ever been.

OP asked for writers who did not live a tough life, I don't think that this is a tough life, or at the very least only 6 months of it have been so. What about the other 82.5 years, which were the best experience any man not born into roiality could possibly imagine?

Nicolas Gomez Davila

me: qualitativist
you: quantitativist
das all, no need for rustling