What is a good dark rum...

What is a good dark rum? After sailing for a week with a bottle of myers ive really grown to like that brand but i still feel like its cheap stuff.

Goslings, Sailor Jerry, Pussers in no particular order

mount gay

old but relevant

Captain Morgans (^:

I would say Mount Gay. Kraken actually isn't a bad dark rum either.

Sailor Jerry makes a dark? They make spiced, and that's my favorite.

i just turned 21 this week, and dark rum isn't really a common find when underaged drinking occurs, so i've only tried Black Seal and Meyers. meyers had a very nice molasses flavor, but the bottle is so goddamn plain that you don't get that satisfying pirate-y feeling when taking a swig from the bottle. Black Seal tastes fine to me and I've been making Dark n Stormies (fucking delightful). Anyways, my experience is obviously very very limited. I will say however that i've seen 3 or 4 youtube reviews of Brinley Gold Shipwreck Spiced Rum saying that it is extremely good and is only like 20 USD per bottle. These reviews were on very small channels, indicating to me that they most likely were not sponsored videos. I am planning on ordering some this week- I think it can only be ordered online. Anyways I hope that helps and I'll make a post here if it's actually good

Appleton 12yo

try oakheart for $12 a bottle

pic related is bottle kino imho desu

I like Zaya 12 year

I like this stuff

how dark are they? are they spiced? If so how sweet are they?

Venezuelan rum is dank as fuck. You can't go wrong.

>What is a good dark rum?

Trick question. There is no good rum. Rum fucking sucks.

Found the scotch drinking tryhard

Been hitting up a fair bit of the 7yo Havana Club lately, pretty decent

Leave

Malibu

Hands down the best rum I've ever had. I mostly only drink peaty scotch, but diplomatico is really nice and if the bottle is left to air for a bit it tastes a little sweet and super delicious I totally recommend it.

If your going to mix it with coke just get the cheap stuff. No sense buying expensive rum and then destroying the taste with caramelized sugar.

lady bligh is the best cheap spiced rum imo

Would highly recommend trying cachaça. Rum is made from waste produced by the sugar industry (molasses) whist cachaça is made from freshly pressed juice from sugar canes. Cachaça tastes fresh and light. The aromas and flavors of cachaça are both superior to those of rum ..in my opinion anyway.

Just learned that Rhum Agricole is made from fresh cane juice as well. However, I believe cachaça is much cheaper.

Rhum agricole tends to be on the fancier side, cachaca is more popular than rhum agricole, and there's a lot more of the low-end stuff. High end cachaca is pretty hard to find outside of brazil. You can find a few brands that are branded as high end for non-brazilians, but at the end of the day they're just cheap cachaca in a pretty bottle.