Sorry to be an edge lord but Is there any good obscure/edgy books that is actually good and thought provoking...

Sorry to be an edge lord but Is there any good obscure/edgy books that is actually good and thought provoking? Manga is okay too but please do not recommend Junji Ito (as I already read most of his series haha)

That's a pretty vague request. Can you be more specific?

I just need any good book that's thought provoking, but also gruesome. Something relating to existentialism? I can't be too specific because being vague also means there is a subjectivity, therefore allowing there to be many options of books to choose.

Bataille

Check out Houellebecq's The Elemental Particles.

You need to go full Narutaru my man.

Is this a good anime? I remember watching half of the first episode 8 years ago.

Read the Manga

Nova Trilogy

i'm confused since you want something "good and thought provoking" yet cite some horror comic book as an example

gruesome like Pierre Guyotat or Peter Sotos? I don't know about the thought provoking part though.
The only author that has mixed horror with 'existentialism' is Thomas Ligotti so I think that's what you're looking for

You have Cormac Mccarthy, who wrote several edgy books that include cannibals who literally eat babies, but maintain a poetic tone throughout. Then there is Ryu Murakami,with his In the Miso Soup, or Coin Locker Babies, which starts off with a woman giving a blowjob to her baby; which are a social commentary about Japanese society in a way only a Jap can write. Next we have The Marquis De Sade, that, well, his name implies the nature of his novels; but his books are more about the philosophy of hedonism and so and so on.
I'm not sure there are edgy existential works that are edgy in the way you are looking for, but you are always encouraged to watch Taxi Driver.

you wanted something edgy, read the manga and you'll get so much edge that you'll never need to read anything again.

Black Hole by Charles Burns fits what you're looking for, but you might not like it because it doesn't have cute animu girls.

The Voyeur by Robbe-Grillet if you're a man of taste and sophistication.

Read the Dune series. It's about a kid whose family was killed by a rival house, then he joins the desert nomads, raises a rebellion, destroys the rival house, takes the emperor's throne for himself and embarks on a killing spree across the galaxy under the pretext of saving humanity.

Army of One is so damn cool. If you're pursuing maximum edge with a bit of substance

>lit
Bret Easton Ellis, particularly American Psycho. It's not just violence and hate for their own sake, it's also a brutally honest look at how loneliness and social isolation can break a person. Remove the murder and this is pretty much Ellis' diary desu.

Ryu Murakami, like the other user said, is also very good. He's kind of like Japan's Ellis but the issues he deals with aren't always as personal. Some good movies have been made out of his work, if you can't be bothered reading. Tokyo Decadence and Love + Pop are my favourites.

Can't forget Corn Tortilla YeCarthy either. Blood Meridian is so hardcore that Harold Bloom had to temporarily put it down halfway through, meaning that it took him 30 minutes to finish rather than the usual 15.

And if you're into manga Go Nagai is the godfather of edgy manga and for very good reason. Devilman, Violence Jack, Mao Dante and Devilman Lady are all absolutely incredible. And not just for pioneering new ways to shock audiences, he's technically a very good artist and storyteller and his influence can be found in virtually everything you'll ever read. Without him we'd have no Berserk, no Akira, no Parasyte, he was behind it all.

Never be' Sorry for being anche edgelord my friend

Gantz. It's very violent and gets nihilistic towards the end.

I have no mouth and I must scream
The Metamorphosis
Crime and Punishment
Ordinary Men

Also interested in this. Specifically Ito-esque lit. Maybe something more mature.

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea

Seconded for i have no mouth

I watched the anime, I hate all the characters, and the dialogue, and the cheesy schtick where most characters are rapists.
Oh wow they die and get resurrected in a fax machine and have to fight aliums wow oh my god THE REAL ME IS STILL ALIVE GUYS IM A PHOTOCOPY
I hope jerking off to gantz in the dark gives you cataracts

>obscure
>edgy
>good
>thought provoking

Can't go wrong with Clive Barker stories. There's some thinly veiled social/political commentary.

>interesting premise that the author didn't think more than one chapter ahead with, and just bullshitted for the rest of the series

Yeah, no.