I'm in my late 20s and I want to get started on healthy eating. I don't even know where to start

I'm in my late 20s and I want to get started on healthy eating. I don't even know where to start.

Long story short, I fucked around in my early to late 20s and now I'm paying for it. My liver's significantly damaged, I have a really poor diet and I know how bad I've fucked up those years of my life. I got a swift reminder from a doctor's visit.

I'm 29 and trying to fix it. I'm starting up a shopping list and going to ditch all the unhealthy shit in my house for good. Does anyone have a shopping list they use or know where to start?

All I have so far is
Garlic
Lemon to use with water in the morning
Spinach/Arugula

And that's it...

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/monsanto-roundup-safety-lawsuit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Throw away everything that is pre packaged buy only food from the produce, bulk, and meat sections of the store.

Fresh paprika
Tomatoes
Avocado
Nuts
Rice
Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Almost any kind of salat
Bananas
Grapes
Olives
Cucumber
Onions

Also make everything you want to eat yourself

million times this. I'd add garlic

Just realised OP said he had it

How can you have such a poor diet?
I've drank daily for the last 14 years and am in much better health.
I have a pretty average American diet but I make up for it with walks and exercise and occasionally eating healthy. Best of luck.

Solid advice

Learn to make a weekly meal plan, that way it's less daunting to put together a shopping list because you're not suffering from the paradox of infinite choice.

Some people can drink for decades before they start feeling the effects of it, some can't. My friend from high school got cirrhosis at age 31. My grandpa however has been a heavy drinker for decades and doesn't even have fibrosis.

>fucked around in my early to late 20s
So, in your 20s?

I'd argue that canned ingredients (ingredients, not meals) can be an effective part of healthy pantry. Just make sure to get low sodium.

I mean I've always got a few cans of tomato sauce and some low sodium garbanzo beans hanging around just in case.

Chicken( Or any lean meat)
Fish
non GMO meat, you need iron

Honest question OP.

What's your level of cooking skill? Because I see a lot of people decide to start eating healthy, so they run out and buy a bunch of produce and fresh meat and then end up throwing it all away because they don't actually know how to cook.

Just a shoot in the stars but if OP was a heavy drunk and ate like shit then I'm going to guess they've probably never cooked before.

This will be his big hurdle to get over.

Buying a bunch of healthy foods and not knowing what to do with it is like buying a gym membership without having any idea of what to do – you just walk around, flail some weights around, and give up after a week or two.

He's going about it backwards.

He doesn't need a shopping list, he needs easy recipes to follow using simple recipes, THEN he should go out and buy them.
I don't just go out and buy a bunch of healthy shit and figure out how to make it later. I have a rotation of stuff I like to make and go out and buy stuff to make it.

I get where they're coming from though. Getting a health scare is enough to make you put the bottle down and want to change instantly. At least they're doing something about it unlike most people I know who get bad news say fuck it and keep chugging away.

You know what kind of thing is pretty good for this situation?

A book, nigger. Get off Veeky Forums and read a book.

>reading a book when you have access to Google

your livers fucked and your only 20, you suck at life. but i hope everything works out.

eat oatmeal for breakfast, with greek yogurt fruit and nuts in it , or eggs and bacon whatever

eat some raw vegetable throughout the day and nuts, drink almond milk

steak, chicken, pasta, salad, whatever for dinner really just completely cut sugar out of your diet besides from fruit

there ur done

Srs how much do you fucking drink to have a bad liver at that age? Were you slamming 5 liters of whiskey a day or something?

A good idea is to have really structured eating habits. Eat the same thing for breakfast (and possibly lunch) every day, and for dinner (or lunch, this depends on how much you like variety) have a recipes that you stick to.

Getting a hold on making a few salads or soups for lunch and some dinners, and get used to simple cooking methods the rest. Something like simply cooked fish/chicken with steamed vegetables and something like rice is a good place to start. Over time you can improve on things and add new ingredients if you'd like.

The things you should be consuming are

Tons of water
Tea
Chicken and fish
Whole grains
Nuts
Seeds
Whole fruits and vegetables
Olive Oil
Garlic
Fresh herbs and spices
Legumes

Avoid added added sugar, refined grains, and trans fats as much as possible and limit sodium and saturated fat. Don't do retarded shit like keto.

>keto
Is that still a thing people take seriously? The last girl I dated was doing that shit and just HAD to have this disgusting butter coffee mix every morning.

why didnt she just put cream in her coffee? what a moron

There's still a few hanging on, but most ketofags became paleofags.

There's probably something the paleofags are turning to now, but frankly I can't be assed to pay attention anymore.

GMO is completely safe. Fuck off with your retarded pseudoscience.

>GMO is completely safe
LOL

It activates cancer cells, the only thing I want activated is my almonds.

I get all my info from the Health Rangers at Mother Earth News, too.

t. Monsanto idf shill

Newfag

How's that lawsuit going?

"In one email unsealed Tuesday, William F. Heydens, a Monsanto executive, told other company officials that they could ghostwrite research on glyphosate by hiring academics to put their names on papers that were actually written by Monsanto. “We would be keeping the cost down by us doing the writing and they would just edit & sign their names so to speak,” Mr. Heydens wrote, citing a previous instance in which he said the company had done this."

mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/business/monsanto-roundup-safety-lawsuit.html

Enjoy your carcinogens.

Before a shopping list, what I'd do is do a lot of research into nutrition and what certain types of food actually
give you nutritionally. Start with the kind of foods you actually like. I like using nutritiondata.self.com

Second thing i'd do is do some research into healthy recipes, whether you can come up with some of these yourself
or go look for them in books online I don't really have help for you on this other than you can just look at any recipes
and 'healthify' them if you know what I mean, although I don't know how much you know about substituting foods cause
works and what doesn't is sorta hard to do. Just have an idea of what a healthy meal looks like at least

Try and eat a balanced diet of food groups......try and eat a rainbow of food typically veges and proteins.
avoid carbs, cut sugar, drink water. Hope some of this is helpful and isn't misinformation fake news

Some nice food that hasn't been mention yet I think

Beans, Chick Peas, Black Beans, Cannellini
Sping Onions!
Broccoli
String Beans
Water xd
Chilli
Cherry tomatoes
Herbs start your own herb garden or pot plants
Spices - knowing how to use spices is important
Fresh seafood
Ginger is crazy underrated

This is how you start a fight.

Green beans vs green peas?

Both are fine.

This isn't /misc/ or Veeky Forums. People for the most part tend to act like they have an IQ over 50. Both of them are healthy.

You mean for guac, right?

Out of curiosity, what do people look for when they're picking out chicken or fish? I go back and forth between Krogers/Walmart to save money.

Yep this is true. I've also seen generic brands offering no salt added beans and stuff. Although salt is probably the least of OP's problems.

thing with cans is yea sodium but also they throw sugar in most of em as well or maybe that's just
the foods natural sugars? But also the can is like 30-40% water in some cases so you're paying for
water to a degree

Go to Veeky Forums and read the sticky. I recently turned 30 and totally turned my life around by fixing my diet. Incorporated exercise also.

We're all gonna make it.

The sticky is probably the only good thing you'll find on Veeky Forums. Reading through the posts will slowly develop brain cancer.

Bell peppers are fantastic for you and can squeeze into so many different meals.

I eat like shit sometimes, but I do have some decent recipes/ideal items to make sure I get some vegetable matter in my family:

Pasta dishes usually include tomato sauce, meat, and pasta. I cut the meat out and add at least two different vegetables to my sauce PLUS an onion. Last time I did this, I made the ratios 1:1:1 for veg:pasta:sauce.

Options:
Zucchini
Summer squash
Peppers
Spinach/other chopped greens
Eggplant

You can do meat too, just keep yourself eating less pasta more other good shit. It's a super easy throw-together weeknight dinner.

Or, you could do brown rice and beans with the same idea of throw some spare veg into the beans AND serve a side of some.

Corn, onion, tomato, peppers, celery, carrots, and fresh green herbs all add some nutrition and fiber to your already hearty beans.

Salad greens go bad fast, carrots and celery don't.

Also, if you don't eat breakfast/eat shit breakfast, fruits are good to get into your life. A bag of apples keeps for weeks.

Pick up a bottle of 1000mg Milk thistle and take it daily. It does wonders for regenerating the liver.

>reddit spacing
kys

no u

Sorry, should I type all my posts like a perl script with no punctuation or spaces whatsoever?

I'm currently taking a 175mg pill 3 times a day from Nature's Bounty.

>Veeky Forums
>People for the most part tend to act like they have an IQ over 50.
hehehe

Most posts are formatted in this way.

I've never been to reddit, faggot. Obviously you are quite familiar with the site to be able to compare typing styles with such confidence.

>Typing readable sentences instead of long incoherent wall of texts means you're from Reddit

>not taking estradiol and spirolactine
are you even trying?

>defending Reddit
kys

Never heard of them.

Estradiol
>It can treat symptoms caused by menopause or removal of the ovaries. It can also treat prostate and breast cancer, and prevent osteoporosis.

Spirolactine
>It can treat high blood pressure. It can also treat fluid retention (edema) and high levels of the hormone aldosterone.

???

actually caring about something like that and saying 'kys'

>low sodium
What is this meme
Why not just day low salt, you pretentious twat

>fresh paprika

you mean red bell peppers?

>eating dead shit in a can with zero vitality left in it

apocalyptic survival situation is the only acceptable excuse for being this pleb

there's no such thing as gmo meat, retard

>paprika, fresh
>salat

Why are Russians so cute?

>dead thing having vitality
what kinda spook is this

Buy a spiralizer. Makes vegetables fun and means they cook faster. I love mine. You can even get cookbooks with a bunch of recipes that include spiralized veg

You forgot beans nigger. Beans are super healthy, tons of fiber and high grade protein.

pythagoras said to avoid beans