Just lol @ non-theists on Veeky Forums who deny the gospel of the Bible

Just lol @ non-theists on Veeky Forums who deny the gospel of the Bible

Fuck you. Name one (1) good thing that religion has done for literature. It's literally bookburnings and excommunications all the way back.
Sorry if I come off as harsh, but I'm an atheist because of my love for knowledge and posts like this really trigger me.

>I'm an atheist because of my love for knowledge

I'm an atheist too, open to deism, but please do not ever utter such words again

Everything you like is more than likely based on religion in one shape or another. I haven't read a single (1) good piece of literature that wasn't based on religion in any way. On top of that, I'd imagine that your morals are shaped by some religion, as mine were even before I found faith.

You are such a retard. I'm no particular fan of religion, but all sorts of religions have made massive literary contributions. Many Christians, from the Gnostics through the scholastics, have been brilliant prose stylists and philosophers (Origen, Aquinas, Augustine, authors of Nag Hammadi manuscripts). Islam and in particular Sufism have given us innumerable great poets. The Bible is a magnificent book, particularly the Old Testament in original Hebrew. Don't even get me started on the Eastern religions. Have you read the Gita?

Why were the peasants taught how to read?

fuck off OP

>7 posts / 7 IDs
You're even more retarded than the user I replied to initially.

Shit thread

Go back to /pol/ or /b/ or /a/ or wherever you're from, letztermensch

wow I'd sure be tricked by that if I had possessed an internet connection for less than an hour

it's 8gag you n00b

Shut the fuck up, Christcuck. The Bible is nothing more than decent literary fiction.

>retard keeps autistically posting same inflammatory christianity thread for months
>doesn't even bother changing the OP pic
Get cancer and die, mentally handicapped underage shit.

Gospel is a spook.

Every day until you abandon Veeky Forums for my shitty dying website.

I'm a deist myself, and believe in some prime mover. I also believe that the nature and will of this prime mover would be absolutely incomprehensible to us. It is extremely improbable - so improbable, in fact, that it is very nearly impossible - that some jumped-up nearly hairless apes somehow managed to divine the nature of the creator and its will after only about 3,000 years of sapience.

Simply put, any retard who thinks that any religion on Earth is remotely correct is either deluding themselves and secretly knows better, or is genuinely retarded.

No dude, what a transcendent intelligence really cares about is what part of an ape's sexual organ to cut off.

Not a fan of circumcision myself, but if you're seriously unable to understand rituals as symbols of commitment you might be autistic.

So the omnipotent ruler of the universe requires some irrelevant little apes on a speck of dust to mutilate themselves to prove their commitment to him?

Real believable

>irrelevant
>apes
>speck of dust
do you people get off on your usage of charged words, or do you just do it to slow down discussion and so prevent people from addressing the implicit claims behind your posts?

>christianity meme

The Injeel has long since been corrupted. Instead of 3 gods, why not choose the 1 true God? :)

Yeah circumcision was a common practice in the ancient NE as a ritual for exclusive groups or classes, usually of a religious nature. Since the ancient Israelites saw their entire society as specially chosen by their god, it was extended to every male.

Funny how an omniscient and omnipotent God could be influenced by contemporary cultural practices in a specific geographical area.

>Do You Know Allah?
>And HE is "beautiful" makes you BEAUTIFUL!
fucking weebs

muh lawwwwjik A BEING BEYOND MY COMPREHENSION MUST FIT IN MUH CATEGORIES

Just because you are incapable of understanding how mind-bogglingly vast the universe is doesn't mean everyone is. Are you under the impression that Earth and Humanity are in some way special in the universe?

It's quite the opposite. Why would a being beyond our comprehension, beyond even our ability to fathom, act like a Human?

Human beings are the only intelligent life form that we know exists. Certainly Allah created other beings and other worlds, but who's to say what is significant and what is insignificant? That's just your opinion. I happen to value my life and your life very much and Allah does as well. Don't be depressed, user. Things will get better. Pray for understanding. Just because we are small doesn't mean we are insignificant. We are essential parts of the universe. Without every atom that makes you whole, the universe would be incomplete.

muh will to truth
>improbable
You're trying to understand God right here, so why do you speak against this? Hypocrite!

I appreciate the church and religious institutions in general as sources of art and culture. And I guess scripture can be appreciated as literature.

But I can't understand sincere belief in the supernatural. Faith makes no sense to me.

God doesn't act like a human, His persons do.
Because you have severe autism (in the original sense of the word).

le 'cold and indifferent universe' meme
LE FACE LE ABSURD XDDDDD

>mind-bogglingly
you literally cannot stop huh

>that pic

You undertake faith every day. You eat food with the assumption that it is not poisoned. You take a step forward with the assumption that there will be ground beneath you to withhold you. Faith isn't blind and it isn't the same thing as "absolute knowledge." We know we can't have absolute knowledge that what we believe is true, but we believe anyways because it makes logical sense to us. To think hard of existence and of causation eventually leads people towards Allah. The mysteries of consciousness and the oddity of spontaneous materialization, can only be explained with God.

It's a numbers game you mathematical illiterate. There are anywhere between 100-400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. There are at least 100 billion planets. Roughly 60 billion of those planets bear conditions similar to Earth that could be capable of supporting life as we know it. There are anywhere between 100-200 billion galaxies that we are aware of.

So do you really have the audacity, the unabashed arrogance to assert that Earth and Humanity are in some way, special? In some way favoured by the creator of the universe? You simply must be a delusional narcissist to believe that.

I still don't know the who the weeb is who draws that Islamic anime stuff.

>muh numbers
Take your autism back to lebbit and stay there you absolute undergrad.
DUDE NUMS LMAO THERES NO FUGGIN GOD XDD

See
You truly must be delusional to believe that Humanity is specially favoured by any sort of God out there

can you please take your fake God and vile corruption of Abrahamic tradition far away from here. This is a Christian board.

MUH NUMBERS XDDDDD THAT MEANS THERE IS NO GOD BECAUSE MY AUTISM SEZ SO

Nice refutation. Evidently your ego cannot handle not being special and unique.
Also, if you weren't just a memeing shitposter you would have remembered that in my initial post I professed to believe in some sort of creator. But there is nothing to warrant the belief that this creator is particularly interested in us, and especially nothing to warrant that this creator resembles any idea of God that has so far been fielded by Humanity

An atomic bomb is very small compared to the area which is completely obliterated because of it.

A bee is small, but even a very large person can die because of it if he is allergic.

A bullet is very small, but with the proper propulsion, it can end a life.

Semen is microscopic, but with the proper propulsion, it can begin a life.

The universe is very vast right now, but if you know anything about astrophysics, you know that it wasn't always so large. Everything was once compressed into a super dense center which was smaller than anything that currently exists.

>You eat food with the assumption that it is not poisoned. You take a step forward with the assumption that there will be ground beneath you to withhold you.

I expect these things based on observation and prior experience. I have no observations or prior experience of a deity.

Why would a loving god create autists?

>worships 3 gods, the Virgin Mary, the Saints, the Pope, the Apostles, his priest, etc.
>take your fake God away from here

Wow, ok then. Polytheism board I guess.

>God doesn't act like a human, His persons do.
I don't even know what kind of religious mumbo-jumbo you mean by this.

Okay? And what exactly does that have to do with my argument?

>create something
>proceed to take no interest in you creation
literally who would do this

Once more we have a narcissist pretending he can have any idea about the nature or will of the creator of the universe. No, my point is that there is absolutely no reason to believe that Humanity is in any way special or possesses any special insight into the nature of 'God'.

>refutation
muh lawwwjik
Deism is the ideology of children.
YOU CLAIM THAT HUMANITY IS NOTHING, YET YOU PROCLAIM THAT THEIR CONSTRUCTIONS OF LOGIC ARE FLAWLESS (LOGIC ITSELF IS A CONSTRUCTION OF LOGIC)
>I expect these things based on observation and prior experience.
That's still blind faith, you dope.
>I don't even know what kind of religious mumbo-jumbo you mean by this.
Because you're a fucking child and need to return to your children's website.

you do not seem to understand the embodiment of God in the Trinity. I wouldn't expect it from a pedophilic ideologue whose scripture is purely prescriptive, not descriptive, as he unironically believes it's the speech of God, yet labels fundamentalists and literalists as deviants. Readings of your scripture has no basis and is used at the whims of your under-educated Imams and warlords. Alhamdulillah.

You trust your senses to tell you what is true and what is not? Yet if you observed god for yourself, you would be telling yourself that you have gone insane. There have been various historic testimony to supernatural accounts...but of course, that doesn't matter to you--the empiricism of others is irrelevant--you only trust your own empiricism, like a solipsist.

wew

Fucking hell, m7 you took that hook line and sinker
>God doesn't care about us!
>We can't know God's nature!
you just BTFO yourself. Stop posting now, before you strain your back trying to bend over to accomodate your own statements.

>you do not seem to understand the embodiment of God in the Trinity
Neither do you. It's impossible to understand the trinity. Whether that's because it's a divine mystery or just doesn't make sense is down to personal belief.

You called the universe "mind-boggingly vast" and I was saying that it was irrelevant to mention the size of the universe. Whether it's a big or small universe, that doesn't increase or decrease the chances of there being a god. If the universe was small you would say "see? We've looked everywhere and there's no god!" But since it's incredibly vast, you say "see? The universe is too large for us to have any significance!" Your premise is that there is no god and you use the surrounding facts to back up your initial assertion.

just another day of sophistry and empty rhetoric on Veeky Forums

dude numbers lmao cant disagree with the fax

>muh lawwwjik
I'm sorry, do you have a better tool for understanding our place in the universe? For making sense of the chaos around us? Or are you merely content to believe - without question! - that some particularly ancient Humans managed to just, what? Understand the entire nature of God and the order of the universe? And you just blindly accept that as fact? It would be laughable if it wasn't so pitiful.

>YOU CLAIM THAT HUMANITY IS NOTHING, YET YOU PROCLAIM THAT THEIR CONSTRUCTIONS OF LOGIC ARE FLAWLESS (LOGIC ITSELF IS A CONSTRUCTION OF LOGIC)
No, I claim that Humanity is insignificant compared to the scale of the cosmos. I never made any claim that we can't use our ability to reason to understand things about us and the universe.

I understand it, but it's a contradiction. God sacrificed himself to himself...so he can forgive humanity and save us all...from himself? What we say is that God is all-merciful, and so God wouldn't need to punish himself for our sins to forgive us. God says "Be and it is", he doesn't need to fulfill any rituals of sacrifice.

Throughout the Gospels, Jesus several times referred to God and never claimed he was divine until the gospel of John.

You obviously have reading comprehension problems. My argument throughout has been that we cannot possibly understand God and, based on information we can divine through reason and observation, there is no reason to believe that Humanity is in any way special or favoured by a divine entity.

Islam is the most logical religion. Read the Qur'an.

>we can't understand God
>we can assume that God doesn't value us
keep repeating yourself.

btw does the fact that He made us at all not imply some degree of interest?

>You called the universe "mind-boggingly vast" and I was saying that it was irrelevant to mention the size of the universe. Whether it's a big or small universe, that doesn't increase or decrease the chances of there being a god. If the universe was small you would say "see? We've looked everywhere and there's no god!" But since it's incredibly vast, you say "see? The universe is too large for us to have any significance!" Your premise is that there is no god and you use the surrounding facts to back up your initial assertion.
Ahaha, confirmed for not even trying to read my posts. Not once have I claimed there is no God, and I have professed my belief in a deity in a number of posts. Go back and actually try to think about what I've said before posting again.

what ethnic background do you have Kafir?

Well then my good man, would you say that sophistry is a property associated with Veeky Forums?

>we cant understand god because i sed so
>we can understand everything else with this human construction becuz i sed so REEE HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY BLIND ADHERENCE TO THIS CONSTRUCTION
Cognitive dissonance isn't very lawwjikal, user.
God sacrificed Himself to purify humanity.

Based on what we can observe in the universe - based on the scale of it all it is reasonable for us to assume that we are by no means special. There's no contradiction between saying
>We can't understand God
>Based on what we can observe and understand about the universe, there's no reason to believe that God favours us.
These beliefs are totally congruent with each other. I'm sorry you're incapable of understanding why.

You are purposefully misrepresenting my arguments now for the sole purpose of shitposting. I'm done with you.

What does my ethnicity have to do with anything? Islam is for non-Arabs as well as Arabs, for blacks as well as whites.

yes, but the large bulk of ethnicities that subscribe to it correlate highly with low intelligence, conscientiousness and industriousness. and you hold your women hostage too, for the sake of ideological colonialism. just wanted to see what type of filth you are. I have a dominance hierarchy even for filth.

>That's still blind faith, you dope
So everything is based on blind faith? I suppose the assumption that my sensory perceptions correspond roughly to an external reality is a leap of faith. And it's possible that nothing is real.

>You trust your senses to tell you what is true and what is not?
The senses are imperfect, but they are all I have to go on.
>Yet if you observed god for yourself, you would be telling yourself that you have gone insane
I guess it would depend on the experience.

>There have been various historic testimony to supernatural accounts
And scant physical evidence.

If the almighty creator of the cosmos wants me to believe certain things and live in a certain way, why can't he just tell me instead of hoping that I'll unquestioningly believe the correct set of incredible stories handed down by fallible humans?

>misrepresenting
Not at all, you are just severely blind to your stupidity.

>God sacrificed Himself to purify humanity
How do you know that?

lmaoing at both of you tbqh

Non-realistic fiction is mostly a waste of time. Only read Scripture and non-fiction usually.

Transparent counter-bait, shame on everyone who fell for this