What are his significant contributions to science and mathematics?

What are his significant contributions to science and mathematics?

Other urls found in this thread:

adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-abs_connect?return_req=no_params&author=Tyson, Neil Degrasse&db_key=AST
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

His contributions are negative as he makes science sound like a circlejerk of pretentious brow-beating spergs

that will always be the perception of science

It is exponentially harder for a godless man to contribute to science.

Niel probably could do some nice astrophysics if he tried.

He met carl sagan once.

Look at his portfolio. Easy enough to find, and impressive enough. He was one of the co-authors on Brian Schmidt's Nobel prize winning paper.

Lmao is that what your preacher told you?

>brow-beating spergs
people don't talk like this, it seems that you are the one who is pretentious

>It is exponentially harder for [...]
Exponantially with respect to what?
Or is it just a nice "sciency" buzzword to sound smart?
Kill yourself motherufucker

He invented the number 35, yes invented, it simply didnt exist before this god of a man came by to bless the Earth with his knowledge.

He proved that math is related to science

Being black

kill yourself

with respect to time? You could probably come up with something if you put any effort at all into it brainlet

he hosted "Dunnig-Kruger Effect: A Pseudointellectual Odyssey". also condescends people on twitter, and made it out tha hood

>he makes science sound like a circlejerk of pretentious brow-beating spergs

...so Veeky Forums?

Saying what fedora's want to hear.

>doesn't understand how authorship in academic papers work

>>>/reddit/ plz

>pic
You would never see shit like this in a mathematics paper.

he boils down hc scientific shit for the plebians to understand
there is literally nothing wrong with him only he is black and successful so naturally all of the chans will shit on him out of pure betaism

This.

adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-abs_connect?return_req=no_params&author=Tyson, Neil Degrasse&db_key=AST

meant to reply to OP

>Everything he wasn't a co-author with 30 other people past 1994 was a book review or some irrelevant "I'm famous now!" paper
Sad for somebody to peak so soon

>there is literally nothing wrong with him
Even normies hate this faggot because of how pretentious he is.

Normies don't care honestly, it's just you and any retard who hates what reps from the science community has to say.

He is just a dumb nigger who pushes "science" that anyone who passed 6th grade can understand. Why are niggers like this? Always so boastful about knowing really simple shit.

>Normies don't care honestly
He gets shut down on twitter constantly for being a smug prick trying to sound wise when he's just being a dick.
You'd know that if you weren't the same retard you're trying to criticize.

if it were not for people like him trying and failing to adequately explain complicated and intangible maths I think that the public perception of STEM students (which most of you are) would be a lot colder and more hostile. Yes, you get asked inane questions, and, yes, he ends up obscuring a lot more than he might reveal (or just not explain anything at all), however: it might not be a net loss.

tl;dr: -1/12

>would be a lot colder and more hostile
No, now what we get is retards spouting off his incredibly poorly stated, inaccurately understood explanations of everything and then we have to get into long winded arguments because they're too fucking stupid to realize how wrong they are, inevitably falling back to OH YEAH MR FUCKING SMARTY PANTS? WELL NEIL DE GRASSY TYKSON SAID IT! YOU THINK YOU'RE SMARTER THAN HIM?!@
Bill Nye did it right, this guy is just a fucking hack.

on the other hand, instead of sperging out when people claim you are trying to be smarter than neil le grassy knoll mike tysone, you could attempt to explain to them that he is purposefully liberal - to the point of sometimes being incorrect - when explaining things because he wants the lowest common denominator to understand.

then you can say that you can see that they would be able to understand a better explanation, which is why you tried to give them one.

its called diplomacy, not being cynical 24/7, and how you ought to act in society if you want to be able to influence people.

i know this is hard for genuine autistics to do but its worth pointing out in case some of them catch on.

Honestly though, it's hard not to sound like a "smug prick" when half the population actively denies science and you're simply trying to convey facts.

He comments on fields he has no education in, and has made himself a fool many times.

He isn't conveying facts as much as asstalk most of the time.

Isn't it people's fault if they believe a passing zoological claim during a comment mostly about superheroes, on the reputable platform of Twitter, from an astrophysicist? Is it really his fault?

Of course it's your own fault, if you take the statement as a fact and spread it as such.

So leave the guy alone, he's an astrophysicist who talks about other stupid shit like any normal person. He never said he was an expert in all fields, and doesn't make claims with any sort of authority. I don't get the outrage.

A science communicator's role should be to clear up misconceptions, not help spread them.

My problem is, that he isn't an expert in any field. His credits in astrophysics includes a MA, but he has done no notable research in the field, meaning no increased expertise since his graduation.

He is bad optics for the public perception of any scientific community, as his tweets are often proved wrong or misleading.

He has an obvious political agenda as well, and tries to back up his non-astrophysics related tweets with him being a "scientist" and having "science" as his source.

Tl;dr he uses the false authority of being a science man to push an agenda, and has no credits to do so.

>and tries to back up his non-astrophysics related tweets with him being a "scientist" and having "science" as his source.
>Tl;dr he uses the false authority of being a science man to push an agenda, and has no credits to do so.

I believe that is all false. Your pic is certainly not proof of that.

>His credits in astrophysics includes a MA, but he has done no notable research in the field, meaning no increased expertise since his graduation.
He has a PhD in astrophysics from Columbia and has plenty of research and publications to his name. Then he became director of the Hayden Planetarium full-time.

>angry swede intensifies

PR

>I believe

Great source. Anyways the tweet was meant to prove the agenda part, not the science man back up stuff.

Point me to any meaningful research he's done, and I'll change my mind. 15th co-authorship really doesn't count, as that usually means the person hasn't contributed to the paper, other than maybe read it.

>great source
no u

>agenda part
wondering what kind of agenda you think he is pushing

>got damn liberuls teaching our kids about science and stuff!