Has psychology ever exceeded astrology-tier pseudoscience...

has psychology ever exceeded astrology-tier pseudoscience? has it ever actually helped people (besides political establishments psychologists shilled for)?

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox
quantamagazine.org/the-fight-to-fix-symplectic-geometry-20170209/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>has psychology ever exceeded astrology-tier pseudoscience?
No.

Therapists helped me through tough times, but I don't know how much was that I had just someone to listen to my bs for an hour every week.

I had to taket a psych course during my undergrad years and the professor told all of us, "you all are will go out in the field and be no more than glorified witchdoctors" the look on everyone's fucking stupid faces was priceless. He went on saying that even a witchdoctor is better equipped for the job since they are more in tuned with their culture than some pretentious kid thinking they can make lasting contributions to society

It has, but the results are often silenced, because the research uncovers interesting differences between groups of people, whereas the current trendy thing is to pretend everyone is exactly the same.

nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248

Psychology is testable and repeatable, (when it's done right) so it is a perfectly legitimate science.

Replace psychology with philosophy.

Guess physics is pseudoscience too, then.

nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox

>Guess physics is pseudoscience too, then.
I sincerely hope you're not only figuring that out now

kys

Why isn't reproducibility of mathematics research considered in this article?

>I can't read past the title
You are the reason clickbate is still alive.

I know you are joking, but even mathematics isn't safe from this quantamagazine.org/the-fight-to-fix-symplectic-geometry-20170209/

Why are you defending unreproducible "results"?

>I know you are joking
I'm not, you might want to work on your reading comprehension.

AUTISMUD MAXIMUS

>AUTISMUD MAXIMUS
You might be autistic if you read that question and somehow came to the conclusion that I was "joking".

Nigger, you don't conduct fucking experiments in mathematics. Proof checking it's all there is. Maybe you are just retarded.

>Nigger
Why the racism?

>Proof checking it's all there is.
Obviously, but what's the reproducibility rate?

you've got me interested. Source please.

lobotomies worked out quite nice just as the kennedys

>I can't read past the article
70% of those in the science and engineering category reported that they ha have tried and failed to replicate published results.

86% in this category said there was a significant (44.6%) or slight replication crisis (42%).

BC they're reproducible when you do it right you dumb sack of shit

On average, people in this category said they believed 60% of published work was reproducible, which is high relative to other groups, but still, is that a good number?

>BC they're reproducible when you do it right you dumb sack of shit
And hence the issue here is that many aren't "doing it right".

I love Veeky Forums man. As I post here there are 28 posts including mine. I tagged all the posts that either don't give out anything useful and/or are just an insult to someone. 9/28 posts. About 32% of this thread is just "blah blah". Honestly I'm sure the ratio is higher an other threads like the popular IQ threads, race threads, or "is my major a meme" threads.
Anyway, what other websites do you guys visit to talk about science and or math?

>shitpost about shitposting
Classic

It wasn't a shitpost. I asked question at the end of it. Curious about what other things are out there for the scientifically minded.

>what other websites do you guys visit to talk about science and or math

Reddit and Veeky Forums for popsci. If you want to talk about serious science in the internet, you are stupid (no offense).

Internet is for the mass. and the mass is not for the science.

Here's 2 more trash posts. This one is another one, so that's 3 more. Fuck you, and go back to plebbit.

Stack exchange

I don't have the time to list you all the original sources here.
Here are a couple topics, take the ones you find interesting and look them up yourself.
>people infer your character traits from your face
>judgments of attractiveness are highly correlated with judgmenets of good character (see the OkCupid love-is-blind study)
>leftist/liberal people have higher disgust thresholds than rightist/conservative
>women are attracted to different traits in different parts of their menstrual cycle
>rape is the number one female sexual fantasy
>race is a strong predictor of IQ and criminality even when corrected for social status and wealth
>number of pre-martial sexual partners is a strong predictor of marriage stability

You must be fun to hang out with at parties. But I like how you can't imply jokingly that someone is being a stupid sack of shit without pulling out the serious keyboard.

kys
(me)

Philosophy is just physics but with words instead of equations

fpbp

it has because we gave the autism you guys have, a name and we can treat it by drugging you to a useless blob shitting yourselves while we rake in the cash
it works