Nobody in my neighborhood has ever done anything cool for Halloween so last year I scared kids and handed out candy...

Nobody in my neighborhood has ever done anything cool for Halloween so last year I scared kids and handed out candy. This will be my last Halloween here since I graduate in the spring so I want to give out some Good Shit to the kids who brave our yard.

What's the best Halloween candy you've ever gotten? What stood out to you? Should I just throw full-size candy bars at these kids? What's better, quantity or quality?

honestly dont remember that far back. i like fruity gummy candy tbqh desu and reeses

I always liked having a large variety of candies, so the small sizes were better in my mind. Reese's were my favorite though.

I don't know why you wouldn't give mustard and mayonnaise packets.
Kids these days are too sheltered and they're probably never even played a sport that doesn't hand out participation trophies.

You don't want to get something that everyone else gives out. When my son dumps out his basket he's more excited about the variety. Some of his favorites are Double Bubble bubble gum, Swedish Fish, and Krackel mini bars.

Also side question, do they make full sized Mr. Goodbar and Krackel bars?

If you want them to remember you and talk about it at school the next day, hit them with the full sized Snickers.

Don't agree that mini candy is better. I think you'll be a popular guy if you give out full or bigger sized candy. It might be expensive, but you probably won't get many kids. Parents these days are a bunch of worrywort candy-asses would rather take their kids to some shitty "trunk-or-treat" than expose their kids to muh razorbades. Make it worth their while.

I will agree and say that Reeses are a solid choice. They're a crowd pleaser - just about everyone loves Reeses

Because I remember Halloween and how cool it was to see every house decked out in decorations, haunted houses rigged up in driveways/garages, and streets full of kids. Now nobody does anything and there are hardly any kids out. I want to stoke a little love for the holiday so that they have something cool to remember. Scaring them is fun too but fuck man it's Halloween, they're supposed to get candy, why not totally wow them?

The parents coming by love our setup, too. I think it'd be really great to get at least a couple more families in the neighborhood inspired.

Nah, all the kids love Bit O' Honey. Only thing that like almost as much is black jelly beans or candy corn.

>probably won't get many kids
Last year I got maybe 30, it's pitiful around here. I've never checked Costco/Sams for Halloween candy but I'll look there for bulk full-size bars.

I have seen a full size Mr. Goodbar before, but it was years ago and I think only once or twice. No idea if they are still around or their distribution.

This. My two memorable houses growing up was the old lady giving out full sized snickers, and girl with huge tits giving out cans of Mountain Dew.

Op gave out ice cold canned sodas and big candies like these. Kids will love the novelty of it. That was the best thing ever to get when I was a kid

I always liked these twizzlers best. They just taste better and have a superior texture.

My most prominent memory of halloween is getting my favorite candy bar in its full size from 2 gay dudes when i was over my friends house.

I always loved getting full-sized candy bars myself. Twix and Reeses were my favorites.

Last year, I did full size chocolate bars and also bought ring pops for the kids that can't have chocolate and the kids surprised me because I ran out of ring pops quick, so many of them just preferred them to chocolate.

OH my god I haven't had a ring pop in forever, this might be it! GOOD CALL user

Do you think Twix is a universally high-tier halloween candy? Not sure if I've ever come across anyone who doesn't like them.

For me, it's the fun-size Snickers bar, the best Halloween candy. Also, the fun-size 100 Grand bars were awesome too.

I've never met anyone that didn't like Twix either. They were pretty rare as candy handouts thought from what I remember.

Beanboozled and bertie botts.

Nothing says trick like earthworm flavored jellybeans. Seriously, I got eat rotten egg flavor just fine but the dirt flavors gets me every single time

For me, its the Warheads Extreme Sour Hard Candy.

Give them these. It's a full sized bar and they will remember it.

LSD

Babe Ruths were awesome.

lel

Just give out full size snickers bars.
Hell, you want to give them a lasting memory, then hand out jumbo bars.

In my experience, kids do love it when you give them "full size bars", if you know what I mean.

Answer the door shithammered drunk wearing just boxers with your dick hanging out and toss individual cigarettes at them.

full size candy bars of their choice for the white kids, dum dums for the non-white kids

Reeses Peanut Butter cups.

You can find a giant Krackel bar online.

Get on my level.

I literally threw these little bastards out so fast that I'm only now learning what they're called. Thanks.

They were trying to groom you, btw.

My favorite house when I was a kid was the one that big heated containers of coffee for the parents and hot cocoa for the kids. That shit really hit the spot on chilly Halloween nights. I don't know if you could do something that that these days though. Also they gave out bags that had a popcorn ball and a fistful of candy.

>mfw the purple ones are clove, not grape
>mfw the pink ones are mint, not watermelon

Leave an empty bowl out with a sign that says "Please only take one"

Make people pissed off for $0

Wtf, I've always loved those. I was disappointed when I didn't get many, or any at all.

Well hey ho there mr fancy pants, how's life in the land of milk and honey?

Absolutely loved these for some reason.
(Autism. Autism is the reason.)

>Nobody in my neighborhood has ever done anything cool for Halloween
There's nothing cool to be done for Halloween. It's a children's party.

YOU. It's little assholes like you that ruined those Valentine's Day conversation hearts. I got a box last year and found out they replaced the cool unique classic flavors with shit like "blue raspberry" and "green apple." Absolutely disgusting.

As a kid I liked getting a variety of candies, so maybe have a lot of different mini chocolate bars/lollipops/other candies and let kids grab a few of what they prefer.

Either that or caramel apples, that would definitely be special.

The one house in my neighborhood that always gave out full sized bars is the only one I remember. If you got there early enough she'd have boxes of them and let you pick.

I always loved it when my neighbours gave out popcans.

The kids are who I'm doing this for. When I was of trick or treating age, most houses were decorated and many participated beyond just answering the door and giving out candy. It's not like that here. I'm interested in doing something more.

I want to move somewhere with actual seasons so I can do this.

I like the idea of jumbo bars. Maybe just for brave kids. I made a tiny girl cry last year.. she should have gotten something special.

The bowl would instantly be stolen!

Give these out.

Give out 5lb Hershey bars and giant Reeses cups. Kids love that shit.

why not just give them McChickens

They don't come with toys, numbnuts.

Yeah how fucking dare some people want candy to taste good. Go eat some black licorice and rose water candy old man

You really want to go balls to the wall its full sized bars, kids speak of your legend and generosity as if it were Prometheus himself gifting fire to ancient man. For every Halloween they will look back at you and your house in reverence. The pinnicle upon which all other homes are judged! Your golden chocolate throne will emit light so incandescent even the sun itself will try and burn brighter fueled only by it's seething jealous at your glory and majesty. Amen.

Apples

I agree and I wish they would package them in a full size package. They are completely different than your average twizzler and so much better.

For me it's the McChicken, the best Halloween candy.

euphemism or suppressed memory?

Are you Death?

I love these and Mary Janes

what do europeans get for candy on halloween? i want to pretend to be one

Well first you have to apply for your Trick or Treating license.

Quantity is key. You can give them the highest quality candy in the fucking world but it won't matter when the next door neighbor hands them a full sized hershey bar.

do europeans really hate non whites that much?

They probably sell full sized Mr. Goodbar but the only full sized Krackel I remember was from selling fundraiser candy bars for little league

Yep, I think I'm gonna do full sized bars and ring pops.

Last year I was in the front yard with a cauldron over a fake fire (one with the silk flames), a fog machine on full blast, a Halloween sounds CD, and a black hooded robe. Kids either really loved it or really freaked out, lots of fun. This year I want to get a black light with a foot switch and paint my face and hands like a skeleton so I can beckon and be a little more visible from the street. Might also buy or make some dummies to stand around the cauldron with me and apply the same paint job.

If it ends up as scary for the kids as I think it will be, full sized candy will be warranted. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Good deal. I live like 20 minutes away from Hershey so everyone passes out Hershey bars. Last year I gave out big bags of Skittles, try to mix it up a bit, you know?

Ring pops are always a gross mess.
I like jawbreakers as a hard candy so if I end up with extra I can eat them without feeling like a drooling retard.

hajhahahhahaha lol

Push pops are a gross mess. Your finger would get all sticky from the inside. Later generations used a switch to push the pop up.

Yeah those too.
My parents always bought push pops and ring pops because I wouldn't eat them. If they ever bought chocolate it wouldn't last until Halloween.

I agree with this. Mostly because my son has a peanut allergy so all Reese's, Snickers, etc go to me and my girlfriend.

Nerds rope and Reese Sticks were my coveted Halloween candies

but really, what all the kids would talk about was the house that would give out king size candy.

>1776+241
>Having weak-ass peanut allergy genes

Lmao

You just reminded me of the greatest time we got got trick or treating. There was this house all decorated and shit, but most of the lights were out. On the porch on one those porch swings was a scarecrow holding a bowl of candy with the "take one" sign. As the girls in front of me stuck their hand toward the bowl, the scarecrow jumped and shouted boo! Got us real fucking good. Based scarecrow man didn't really looked like a novelty scarecrow, straw and all. Better than whatever candy he gave us too (it was name brand)

I'd give em all a good dicking

packets of kool-aid
japanese shrimp candy
butterscotch generics
top ramen
hard boiled eggs
apple halves in plastic bags
mouthwash travelers
string cheese

just a few off top

>toblerone
>kinder bar
>milkyway midnight
>heath
>any high quality chocolate covered peanutbutter

A variety might be good.
They offer very small mini candy bar variety packs.

Full-sized chocolate anything candy bars
Krakel/Mr. Goodbar
Skittles/Starburst

Fuck these things.

Also Tootsie Shits.

>Bashing America's sweetheart, the Tootsie roll

Perhaps a bullet would be a better taste for you

My wife's son really enjoys ginger chews.

That's hilarious

Yeah my Tia Jean was this house. She made her popcorn balls from scratch and everyone in her neighborhood loved her house. It was packed.
For quality Ghirardelli makes single square wrapped variety packs that are really fucking good.

You could try making something homemade like the popcorn balls or caramel apples or something.

Now I really want to hand out McChickens on Halloween. I'm not that busy so it wouldn't be that expensive either. I could definitely do it for >$50.

Back when I was a kid, I was interested in variety mostly. These days I'm the same way, probably would like seeing obscure candy. I remember one year after trick or treating I watched unwrapped with Marc summers and they showed how some of the candy I was eating a we made. That was cool

Instant yakisoba and a handful of guava candy